 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Slavor

Reaction score
Hmmm I feel like the gantry takes a split second longer than normal EZ Link card or even a mastercard to scan the Apple watch. Anybody else feels the same?

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Hmmm I feel like the gantry takes a split second longer than normal EZ Link card or even a mastercard to scan the Apple watch. Anybody else feels the same?

should be same as physical mastercard... around 2 sec.
and the apple watch must be very near the reader, almost touch the reader.

btw i notice one prob, if the person in front also use bank card, actually very hard to tell whether ur apple watch is done or not. because the LCD keep showing "Bank Card Usage". they should at least change the display a bit, like displaying "Reading Bank Card..." then we know the reader detected the phone/watch.

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score

I using iphone x. The speed like the same as i use ezlink card or mastercard.
I was surprise.

chinnian

Reaction score
Tried on bus and MRT yesterday and worked.
This morning, tried Watch on bus, 2 attempts on the reader failed. Used the other reader and worked.

Transferred to train, 3 attempts at 2 different fare gates failed though I made sure watch is close enough and held it still. Gave up and used another card.

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
your mastercard speed same as ezlink speed?
ezlink/flashpay is almost immediate without any waiting time.

Actually I cant rmb lay.
Cuz I use the mastercard for transport for the past 1 yr.
Mayb I already got use to the speed.

But when I tap to lrt/mrt, the reading quite fast ar, no delay.
I exit the same speed as ppl using ezlink card.

Today first time use x to tap.
Was surprise that the speed was similar to using mastercard.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Tried on bus and MRT yesterday and worked.
This morning, tried Watch on bus, 2 attempts on the reader failed. Used the other reader and worked.

Transferred to train, 3 attempts at 2 different fare gates failed though I made sure watch is close enough and held it still. Gave up and used another card.

yeah... i also found that watch is quite difficult. i think the watch face needs to touch the reader as the nfc is weak.
maybe use phone is easier.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The nfc coil for the reader is bigger than the watch, naturally the handshake will need to be closer. Otherwise, can try doing a slow mo circulating movement on the reader hoping the nfc field cuts the coil lor..

My gear sport also need to do that, placing at the centre of the reader also no guarantee it will be successful even if I kiss the watch on the reader..

yeah... i also found that watch is quite difficult. i think the watch face needs to touch the reader as the nfc is weak.
maybe use phone is easier.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
The nfc coil for the reader is bigger than the watch, naturally the handshake will need to be closer. Otherwise, can try doing a slow mo circulating movement on the reader hoping the nfc field cuts the coil lor..

My gear sport also need to do that, placing at the centre of the reader also no guarantee it will be successful even if I kiss the watch on the reader..

lol... so u really do slow mo circulating movement?
then u r jamming the q.

really need to feedback to them to display the text "Reading Bank Card..." on the LCD so that we know the watch is detected.

Slavor

Reaction score
Hahaha people behind you sure pekchek if the watch is like that. I think I'll use my iPhone then...

fitzerspaniel

Reaction score
Tried using ytd on bus with my iPhone, first time didn’t work cuz didn’t turn off battery-saving mode, second time turn off alr worked like a charm.

I’d say the scan timing is the same as ez-link, if not abit faster cuz sometimes you need to wave the card around abit when the reader can’t detect the ez-link card whereas phone will always get picked up so long it’s in contact with the reader

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried using ytd on bus with my iPhone, first time didn’t work cuz didn’t turn off battery-saving mode, second time turn off alr worked like a charm.

I’d say the scan timing is the same as ez-link, if not abit faster cuz sometimes you need to wave the card around abit when the reader can’t detect the ez-link card whereas phone will always get picked up so long it’s in contact with the reader

need to launch apple pay before u can pay right? cannot do so by just tapping the phone right?

Reaction score
Use iphone x to tap in. Fail to tap out using phone. but i can use physical card to tap out! So i think is workable if it the same card, whether you use phone or the physcial card

Slavor

Reaction score
Happen to previous poster already, but you might end up with missing exit reflected on your ABT history and with extra charges. Better to to and check have it highlighted.

Use iphone x to tap in. Fail to tap out using phone. but i can use physical card to tap out! So i think is workable if it the same card, whether you use phone or the physcial card

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.