Fitbit Versa

Level42

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Level42,

The 18 units available at VivoCity challenger store. A few other stores I asked for have 3-4 units, you were saying the Limited Edtion or the standard Black / Pink version?

Thanks alot.

It should be the regular version, not special edition. When the CSO read the description to me, it was one whole mouthful but no mention of Special Edition. Only black and pink colours. Challenger web site shows only standard version too.

Special Edition seems to be missing in action.

earthtk

Reaction score
Fitbit versa for S$279 https://sg.carousell.com/p/163971071

Just sharing.. :(.. I got it slightly at a higher price..

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

mobby80

Reaction score
It should be the regular version, not special edition. When the CSO read the description to me, it was one whole mouthful but no mention of Special Edition. Only black and pink colours. Challenger web site shows only standard version too.

Special Edition seems to be missing in action.

Thanks.
Yes, special edition seems MIA. haha.
Hope 16th April launch it will appear. :s22:

dayfornight

Reaction score
Today is my 3rd day using it, by nw alrdy done with most of my settings..

"On" notice for SG parking app(OMG it supports parking@SG app) & calls, whole day sync & quick view..

My battery life CFM can last for at least 2 days.. but not confident to say can pass 3rd day.. maybe I played arnd with it too much .. fully charged at Tues nite 9 pm.. Now wed 10pm left 68%..

Maybe the nxt fully charge I try OFF whole day sync, all notification.. then I update again ba..

rey_85

Master Member
Reaction score
Today is my 3rd day using it, by nw alrdy done with most of my settings..

"On" notice for SG parking app(OMG it supports parking@SG app) & calls, whole day sync & quick view..

My battery life CFM can last for at least 2 days.. but not confident to say can pass 3rd day.. maybe I played arnd with it too much .. fully charged at Tues nite 9 pm.. Now wed 10pm left 68%..

Maybe the nxt fully charge I try OFF whole day sync, all notification.. then I update again ba..

Then does it support any livescore apps?

Level42

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
Yes, special edition seems MIA. haha.
Hope 16th April launch it will appear. :s22:

I bought a standard one last night. Paid with Fitbit Pay successfully at the supermarket.

Hope you see the Special Edition soon. :)

Level42

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone buy already can give a review?

I am switching from Garmin to Fitbit, so I will share why. There are probably features in Versa that may mean more to other people that I don't value as much, such as playing music.

Previously, I was comparing Fitbit Charge 2 with Garmin Vivosmart 3, before Versa was available. I will first compare Charge 2 and Vivosmart 3 in order to explain why the switch to Versa appeals to me. Fitbit Charge 2 was better than Garmin Vivosmart 3 in

- sleep analysis
- changeable strap
- connected GPS

but the Charge 2 was missing/weaker than Vivosmart 3 in the following areas.

-1 safe for shower
-2 weather info
-3 notifications from other apps, like WhatsApp, etc
-4 VO2Max accuracy (apparently over estimate)
-5 ability to import activity such as gpx files
-6 find phone feature
-7 quick view deactivation when sleeping

By switching from Vivosmart 3 to Versa now, I will get 1-3 above. For notifications, it is even better now as I can turn on/off for different apps. Fitbit Versa will list the apps as notifications come into the phone. Vivosmart 3 was all notifications or nothing.

Fitbit has this SPO2 sensor on Versa which I hope would improve oxygen related information later. Right now Fitbit is not showing the data they are collecting. Probably still researching customers' data.

As for the ability to import activity, it is only a problem when Fitbit fails. It would mean I would lose the activity record. Otherwise, it is actually nice when everything works, and I don't have to do the extra steps of using a phone app to track my activity and import the GPX file into Garmin connect. This is great for runs, walks, cycling as the map of where I went would be shown in the tracker app.

6 & 7 do not bother me.

Switching from Vivosmart 3 to Versa means I now have Fitbit Pay and a colour screen. I also really care about the better sleep analysis that Fitbit has. The changeable strap sounded like a trivial initially when I first looked into trackers, but turned out to be important. My Garmin Vivosmart 3 strap broke. Given it is still under warranty, they would help me out now (send in for a repair as no more stock for 1-1 exchange). In future, the tracker would have to be written off just because the strap broke.

Having said that, in Singapore, do note that Garmin support is apparently better than Fitbit. Garmin is handled by Convergent System at Ubi. For Fitbit, it is Mojito Redemption located at Plaza Singapura. You can at least communicate through email with Convergent System. But nobody answers my phone call at Mojito. So crossing my fingers my Versa will work perfectly and never require warranty activation.

Last edited:

stevenang

Reaction score
GREY COLOR?

I bought from Courts. They have stock too. UOB UNI$ redemption at Courts is quite good, so I redeemed some vouchers and paid less.

Anyone seen a grey color one out? Not special edition ones... So far I only see black and gold.

rey_85

Master Member
Reaction score
I am switching from Garmin to Fitbit, so I will share why. There are probably features in Versa that may mean more to other people that I don't value as much, such as playing music.

Previously, I was comparing Fitbit Charge 2 with Garmin Vivosmart 3, before Versa was available. I will first compare Charge 2 and Vivosmart 3 in order to explain why the switch to Versa appeals to me. Fitbit Charge 2 was better than Garmin Vivosmart 3 in

- sleep analysis
- changeable strap
- connected GPS

but the Charge 2 was missing/weaker than Vivosmart 3 in the following areas.

-1 safe for shower
-2 weather info
-3 notifications from other apps, like WhatsApp, etc
-4 VO2Max accuracy (apparently over estimate)
-5 ability to import activity such as gpx files
-6 find phone feature
-7 quick view deactivation when sleeping

By switching from Vivosmart 3 to Versa now, I will get 1-3 above. For notifications, it is even better now as I can turn on/off for different apps. Fitbit Versa will list the apps as notifications come into the phone. Vivosmart 3 was all notifications or nothing.

Fitbit has this SPO2 sensor on Versa which I hope would improve oxygen related information later. Right now Fitbit is not showing the data they are collecting. Probably still researching customers' data.

As for the ability to import activity, it is only a problem when Fitbit fails. It would mean I would lose the activity record. Otherwise, it is actually nice when everything works, and I don't have to do the extra steps of using a phone app to track my activity and import the GPX file into Garmin connect. This is great for runs, walks, cycling as the map of where I went would be shown in the tracker app.

6 & 7 do not bother me.

Switching from Vivosmart 3 to Versa means I now have Fitbit Pay and a colour screen. I also really care about the better sleep analysis that Fitbit has. The changeable strap sounded like a trivial initially when I first looked into trackers, but turned out to be important. My Garmin Vivosmart 3 strap broke. Given it is still under warranty, they would help me out now (send in for a repair as no more stock for 1-1 exchange). In future, the tracker would have to be written off just because the strap broke.

Having said that, in Singapore, do note that Garmin support is apparently better than Fitbit. Garmin is handled by Convergent System at Ubi. For Fitbit, it is Mojito Redemption located at Plaza Singapura. You can at least communicate through email with Convergent System. But nobody answers my phone call at Mojito. So crossing my fingers my Versa will work perfectly and never require warranty activation.

Thank for the review. I am more eager to get it as my causal and fitness smart watch.

Level42

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen a grey color one out? Not special edition ones... So far I only see black and gold.

The gray/silver one is very popular in US. I gleaned this from the Fitbit community. The people who pre-ordered gray/silver were waiting for delivery. I have not seen it at the online store or the physical store in Singapore so far. Having said that, the Special Edition charcoal was shipping early in US (meaning plenty of stock), but there is also no sign of it in Singapore. So maybe just have to wait a little while.

stevenang

Reaction score
The gray/silver one is very popular in US. I gleaned this from the Fitbit community. The people who pre-ordered gray/silver were waiting for delivery. I have not seen it at the online store or the physical store in Singapore so far. Having said that, the Special Edition charcoal was shipping early in US (meaning plenty of stock), but there is also no sign of it in Singapore. So maybe just have to wait a little while.

OK thanks. I was just at best denki vivo. They only have black or rose gold. Guess have to wait after 16th april next week and see how it goes.

earthtk

Reaction score
Just got the device! In fact the notification works better then samsung gear or android wear. They show the entire chat instead of just the last message.

rey_85

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got the device! In fact the notification works better then samsung gear or android wear. They show the entire chat instead of just the last message.

U mean better than Samsung gear sport? Cause I still deciding between these 2 watches?

earthtk

Reaction score
U mean better than Samsung gear sport? Cause I still deciding between these 2 watches?

Well depends on your preference. Gear is more complex, has GPS and spotify. Plus the syncing of Samsung shealth to Strava(if you use) is derp too. The stats don't tally. Sleep tracking was really off the charts. It stops tracking sometimes in the middle of the night. I really had a bad first impression when I got the gear. After that it just got worse. I also don't like the entire package of under armour. They just feel very unpolished.(I like my fitness pal thou). On top of these, the gear can get really lag at times too. The few feature I like was the rotating bezel, Spotify, gps as well as it is build circular and works as a proper smart watch.

Versa is a really simple device. So far kinda like the versa due to HR accuracy. I used a charged HR 2 and it handles exercise really well. Used versa for a day and I feel it's similar. Only thing that I don't like is the application. It syncs very slowly between the watch and phone.

If you are looking for a smart watch go gear. Otherwise versa/ionic will be good.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.