[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

tminus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tried my hands at a planted shrimp tank, but it failed. plants did not spread sideways but spread upwards despite trimming and the shrimps just keep dying instead of breeding. did proper cycling and washing of equipment already but still fail

Plants not spreading most likely due to light not strong enough. What carpet plants u having?

I used to keep painted red and from 10 they mass produced until 50+ but all died overnight when I hand itchy replant/rearrange my plants.

Jin sad

ljohn78

Reaction score
i know my light is strong because algea starts to form, but the CO2 maybe not enough because i using yeast+sugar only. shrimps wise I am still not sure. will probaby try a new planted betta tank if I can find a better tank solution and a nice betta
Algae can be due to imbalance of nutrients and light. Not necessary high light.

You can try dwarf hair grass or dwarf sagittaria. They do well without infused co2.

Your diy co2 does not prodice consistent co2. This could be causing pH swing in the tank causing your shrimp to die.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Last edited:

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Plants not spreading most likely due to light not strong enough. What carpet plants u having?

I used to keep painted red and from 10 they mass produced until 50+ but all died overnight when I hand itchy replant/rearrange my plants.

Jin sad

Planted tank infested with black beard what should i do?

Niccolo Machiavelli

Master Member
Reaction score
A pleco tank means only pleco inside? What pleco are you keeping?

Most people keep pleco as part of clean-up crew in the tank.

Pleco are more than just clean up crew. Very beautiful fishes.

I have four royal plecos, and i keep a big shoal of congo tetras so that there's movement in mid-upper levels of the tank. 6ft tank.

ljohn78

Reaction score
Planted tank infested with black beard what should i do?
Black bear algae is due to unstable or low co2.

Keep Siamese algae eater. Make sure you buy true SAE. They are the only fish that eat bba.

MusicAddict

Reaction score
Algae can be due to imbalance of nutrients and light. Not necessary high light.

You can try dwarf hair grass or dwarf sagittaria. They do well without infused co2.

Your diy co2 does not prodice consistent co2. This could be causing pH swing in the tank causing your shrimp to die.

i was trying to use dwarf hair grass to carpet though.

hmm guess i wait till i get a better filtration then try planted tanks with betta

unicr0ne

Banned
Reaction score

I have four royal plecos, and i keep a big shoal of congo tetras so that there's movement in mid-upper levels of the tank. 6ft tank.

pleco nice meh?

they are sai machines that only come out at night.

Last time I breed L46 until sian already

ljohn78

Reaction score

6 ft tank? Cool. Where do you put the tank at?

xersion

Master Member
Reaction score
NLyLGjgl.jpg

This tank kym

Sent from OPPO X9079 using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.