[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I rear goldfishes, but on a very beginner basis, can i join you guys and learn more?
Currently having 3 ranchus and 3 orandas

SVR or TVR? with oranda so i guess it's SVR?

tough, they are one of the most difficult to keep

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I got a small 10L tank with plants and 2 sterbai cory keeping for the past 1yr+.

Planning to upgrade to a bigger tank soon. Now looking for a suitable cabinet

Woshileeroy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SVR or TVR? with oranda so i guess it's SVR?

tough, they are one of the most difficult to keep

Actually i more of a svr person, but i no expert, so if i like the shape of the fish, i buy. That's why i said i am beginner.

Yes, personally i feel orandas are more tough to rear compared to ranchus. Alot of dai ji huan, but luckily now all stabilised, keeping my fingers crossed
:s13: :s13:

Archnemo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Having issue with green bread. Any advice? Can the Siamese algae eater clear it?

I did manual removal but can still see thin strands on the woods and some plants.

f1y555

Master Member
Reaction score
maybe it's female fighting fish
It is a male. When I first introduced the fighting fish into the tank, it flared it gills at the other fish. But after a while it realised nobody is entertaining him, so he stopped flaring. Now he spend his time hiding among the plants.

x1243x

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is a male. When I first introduced the fighting fish into the tank, it flared it gills at the other fish. But after a while it realised nobody is entertaining him, so he stopped flaring. Now he spend his time hiding among the plants.

ah ok. That's good. Cause they can be fin nippers.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Master Member
Reaction score

haha, depends on the personality of the fighting fish.

my previous one was an aggressive bugger; killed off most of his tank mates.

curahee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time play planted until sian. Use the plant and grow in the garden and with direct sunlight outdoors. Can grow very fast like wild grass. End up with unlimited aquatic plant supply for my tank.

Sent from Xiaomi MIX using GAGT

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I got a small 10L tank with plants and 2 sterbai cory keeping for the past 1yr+.

Planning to upgrade to a bigger tank soon. Now looking for a suitable cabinet

i posted this in the other thread, u wan something like that??

anzuqd.jpg

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Actually i more of a svr person, but i no expert, so if i like the shape of the fish, i buy. That's why i said i am beginner.

Yes, personally i feel orandas are more tough to rear compared to ranchus. Alot of dai ji huan, but luckily now all stabilised, keeping my fingers crossed

SVR is all abt the curves of the body, i am also learning.. haha where u usually go see?

Woshileeroy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SVR is all abt the curves of the body, i am also learning.. haha where u usually go see?

I tried Nanyang, C328 but my fav is still the one at yishun 716. I like their fishes, so far the fishes i bought there all in good condition.

hentaixp1985

Master Member
Reaction score
Beginning when i first started my 2ft tank of goldfishes , i encountered lots of problems. Clouding of water , fish died after excessive water change and many others. Now more experienced liao ,learnt many lessons and tried many products. Seachem stuff worked the best for me.

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I tried Nanyang, C328 but my fav is still the one at yishun 716. I like their fishes, so far the fishes i bought there all in good condition.

u went to see shirley's fishes before? sometimes she has some quality ranchu

Woshileeroy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u went to see shirley's fishes before? sometimes she has some quality ranchu

Shirley is from where? I don't know their names, I very low profile kind, quiet quiet go in, buy what i want, quiet quiet walk off kind. No small talk with the shop owners

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score

A lot of hard work doing WC for goldfish. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.