Bitdefender Total Security/ Internet Security User Discussion

poland_ball

Master Member
Reaction score
For some wierd reason i cant update my bitdefender at all.keeps giving error 2002. using m1 here. anyone facing problems updating?

poland_ball

Master Member
Reaction score
disabled bitdefender firewall since it was blocking smb and printer sharing with no clear way to whitelist it.

anyway i emailed bitdefender who said that m1 was probably blocking their udpate servers (which is nonsense since i can ping them) emailed m1 about whether that was true and they just told me to try again. seems like they *did something* in the background and now i can update again

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im having the same issue as well, so add the address to Bitdefender firewall?

Own firewall block own antivirus update? What a joke? For security reason, Microsoft Office's Macro setting should not be enabled. Ransomware required Macro to run.

Last edited:

poland_ball

Master Member
Reaction score
Own firewall block own antivirus update? What a joke? For security reason, Microsoft Office's Macro setting should not be enabled. Ransomware required Macro to run.

hi please do not spread misinformation. disabling macros does nothing to stop viruses other than those that come embedded in documents. ransomware does not typically use microsoft office to execute their payload

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi please do not spread misinformation. disabling macros does nothing to stop viruses other than those that come embedded in documents. ransomware does not typically use microsoft office to execute their payload
Correct.
If the ransomware hidden in windows documents.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.