Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

ixoral

Reaction score
Do u have other banking product/services with Citi? U mean they offer u priority status even with just 15k in maxigain?

It is likely because you are given Priority status when opening Maxigain. The AUM for Priority customer is $70k. But CSO advised no penalty if we did not maintain the $70k AUM. Not sure why the system can allow Priority status for account with $15k.

Hwsemb

Reaction score
Do u have other banking product/services with Citi? U mean they offer u priority status even with just 15k in maxigain?

No other product/svc with Citi, just Maxigain $15k. Have heard from another friend also given the Priority with less than $70k. Is it because there isnt any significant advantage over Normal customer, so the bank just give out Priority status without customer requesting for it? Or is it the bank gave the Priority in case customers decide to go for the '$250 credit' promo later, by topping up to $70k?

Last edited:

flikmy

Reaction score
No other product/svc with Citi, just Maxigain $15k. Have heard from another friend also given the Priority with less than $70k. Is it because there isnt any significant advantage over Normal customer, so the bank just give out Priority status without customer requesting for it? Or is it the bank gave the Priority in case customers decide to go for the '$250 credit' promo later, by topping up to $70k?

I think the Priority status is relatively new and they're probably pushing to attract customers in that level. Customers on Priority allows them to start selling insurance, unit trusts and wealth products as they will be doing customer assessments.

Btw, for the 70k top up, if you want to get the $250 credit promo, you must top up before the end of the first month (i think).

vddgnd

Reaction score
This debit card is also your ATM card right? Maybe there is no other entry level debit card, priority is the lowest. Maybe the bank so confident that the maxigain account holder will not content to only putting 15k in the account. Sooner or later sure top up..

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No that's the old process. Now IB ID & password is created on the day itself. Even if account opening is having issue and on hold like mine. So can log in immediately when receive SMS.

i did mine in feb 2018, so surprising they change the process so quickly ... :eek:

jjjccc

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some help here.

I opened my maxigain acc on 3/3/18. Deposit 15k cheque on same day. Cheque was banked into my acc on 5/3/18.

On my e-statment, it shows "lowest daily balance of the month: sgd 0.00@ N.A, 0.00@ mar 3. You have accummulated 0 step up (mar)"

How come I didn't receive 1 counter for march? What went wrong?

Thank you.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I opened my maxigain acc on 3/3/18. Deposit 15k cheque on same day. Cheque was banked into my acc on 5/3/18.

On my e-statment, it shows "lowest daily balance of the month: sgd 0.00@ N.A, 0.00@ mar 3. You have accummulated 0 step up (mar)"

Thank you.

You already said your cheque was reflected on the 5/Mar. So lowest daily balance was $0 in March.

You should have used electronics transfer or cash.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thank you.

I guess because there is no cheque clearance on Saturday (3/3/2018). So your cheque was deposited on following Monday (5/3/2018).

vddgnd

Reaction score

Thank you.
Mar is your 1st month. Counter of Mar is zero. It is normal right, isn't it? Apr (the 2nd month) only then counter is 1.

jayz89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The month that you deposit is count as counter 0

This is why we said you shld always deposit last working day of the month for new account because you dont earn much **** from the pathetic 0.8% lol. This money can put inside cimb for 1% instead on maxigain.

oleyAeon

Reaction score
The month that you deposit is count as counter 0

This is why we said you shld always deposit last working day of the month for new account because you dont earn much **** from the pathetic 0.8% lol. This money can put inside cimb for 1% instead on maxigain.

Hmm to be fair, the 80% of 1-month SIBOR for March is also around 1% lah, so no difference.

And yes, the counter for the opening month is 0. The next month (which is April in your case) will show counter as 1, and the bonus interest u get in your next statement will be based on your lowest amount in March (which might be 0 or 15k, this one i not sure but you will know when it comes).

ixoral

Reaction score
This is probably true. Someone i know opened his maxigain at Punggol waterway and was given time till end of the month to top it up to 70k to get priority status. Right after that, he realise he was auto-subscribed in a few email mailers from Citi trying to market their insurance, loan, etc :s13:

I think the Priority status is relatively new and they're probably pushing to attract customers in that level. Customers on Priority allows them to start selling insurance, unit trusts and wealth products as they will be doing customer assessments.

Btw, for the 70k top up, if you want to get the $250 credit promo, you must top up before the end of the first month (i think).

swordsly

Master Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got my account (after I got an email from Citibank regarding estatements but my physical mail has yet to arrive lols).

In the end no calls no nothing :s22:

wealth_farmer

Reaction score
Too much emphasis on insuring and investing with their products. Good thing is they don’t require you to spend too much. It’s good for you if you happen to like their range of insurance and investment options. It’s not for me unfortunately so hard pass.

any comment on this Citibank's InterestPlus Savings Account?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.