 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Montoya

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went to BV yesterday @ 6+ ticketing office is closed. guess must go again on weekend to register..

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
those who have ezlink/flashpay same speed as physical mastercard, is it because u r using bank card with ezlink/flashpay? i think bank card's ezlink/flashpay should be slower than standalone ezlink/flashpay.
my usage for standalone flashpay is almost 0 sec... once the wallet reaches the reader already green light.
for physical mastercard inside wallet is around 0.5-1.0 sec... when the wallet reaches the reader, need to wait at least half a sec, it's not immediate.

for phones, sometimes fast sometimes slow, dunno is the reader signal issue, or iphone position. those who have iphone very fast speed, your iphone (top area) is touching the reader or has some distance? and how far is the distance?

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dropped a feedback to ABT mobile section, they clarified that they need time to update their system during the trial period.

What happens is that once your virtual cards are registered, they will need to input into the system which in terms spread to bus/mrt. both are running differently to cepas cards.

so only after 7 working days, then can successfully use the virtual cards on mrt/bus. some people can use on mrt but not buses yet cos of this.

also regarding samsung pay, though i know this is an apple forum, will also be able to add into the wallet only after 7 working days.

For apple pay, there is no express transit like suica until further notice..

cloudwane

Reaction score
I have been using the MasterCard (ABT) for my train rides since last year and when I tried to register my iPhone and Apple Watch at city hall earlier, the person is not able to do it. Any options which I can try as I already have the same MasterCard in my Apple Pay for a Long time

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

EV1L

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my scenario.

Registered ABT online with POSB Everyday card on 7 Apr. Email received to activate the physical card from 10 Apr onwards.

Registered APPLE Pay at City Hall on 8 Apr.

Tried activating my physical card from 10 Apr till now, GTM shows 'Card is rejected and no longer valid'. No idea why. Was told by Transitlink to contact issuing bank for help which i yet to do so.

Yesterday, after reading that some HWZers here successfully use their APPLE Pay even when its not 7 working days, i tried it too on Downtown Line MRT. Success in tapping in and out.

Today, i tried on SBS bus and it is success in tapping in and out too.

cloudwane

Reaction score

Slavor

Reaction score
Both your apple watch and phone cannot register?

For Apple watch, it's best you remove it from your wrist, unlock the watch and activate apple pay on the card you want and lay it down on the reader. The nfc chip on the watch is quite small, so contact with the reader is important.

For the iPhone, I had more trouble with that as I didn't know that the nfc chip is actually located at the top of the phone. You shouldn't lay it down on the reader but actually point the top of the phone close at the nfc reader.

The NFC reader is lighted red, hence no idea what is the issue and apparently the lady don’t seems to be familiar with this too. As a result, a long queue was formed behind and I will try again some other day I Guess.

Does it helps if I remove the card from my Apple Pay and add it back again?

Chips

Reaction score
The NFC reader is lighted red, hence no idea what is the issue and apparently the lady don’t seems to be familiar with this too. As a result, a long queue was formed behind and I will try again some other day I Guess.

Try moving your device around the NFC reader until u see the LED turn green. Don't just put your phone/watch there and wait

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If it's red, it's an indication of failed handshake. You'll have to manipulate the placement yourself..

cloudwane

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys for the reply, shall try my luck again.

I did remove the Apple Watch from my wrist and place it on the reader.

zenify.me

Reaction score
I dropped a feedback to ABT mobile section, they clarified that they need time to update their system during the trial period.

What happens is that once your virtual cards are registered, they will need to input into the system which in terms spread to bus/mrt. both are running differently to cepas cards.

so only after 7 working days, then can successfully use the virtual cards on mrt/bus. some people can use on mrt but not buses yet cos of this.

also regarding samsung pay, though i know this is an apple forum, will also be able to add into the wallet only after 7 working days.

Registered on Sunday and started using today. Seems to work fine for the buses and train I took.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya no express transit like Suica is not user friendly yet those can’t accept it just wait till it’s official

I for one rather wait as I used Suica version can’t really accept this beta test yet I was on the beta test on the EZ-Link Card before it works ok but this one I bet EZ-Link or train and bus operator neee much more time if only they start much early and adopt a much easy to implement system like the japan Suica version but well time will tell how Long they wil take to push for this

Plus the so call cashsless system still zzzzz and I still see diff company pushing for their own system in the WOrk in process mode or coming soon like the star pay

Slavor

Reaction score
Huh. Sorry I catch no ball.

Ya no express transit like Suica is not user friendly yet those can’t accept it just wait till it’s official

I for one rather wait as I used Suica version can’t really accept this beta test yet I was on the beta test on the EZ-Link Card before it works ok but this one I bet EZ-Link or train and bus operator neee much more time if only they start much early and adopt a much easy to implement system like the japan Suica version but well time will tell how Long they wil take to push for this

Plus the so call cashsless system still zzzzz and I still see diff company pushing for their own system in the WOrk in process mode or coming soon like the star pay

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the contrary, Samsung pay will have suica style, tap and go. I'm waiting for my mobile wallet to fully setup and ull update on this..

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally the bus service that unable to detect, works today.

However, while tapping out from mrt. The gantry can't detect and it failed me twice.
Starting to sweat as I realised I jam up the whole Q (Peak hr).
So decided to step away, re-activate  pay and try again.

If u guys kena the same situation, what will u do?
I noticed a fast way to re-enable the apple pay is to touch the bottom where ur other cards combined tgt and select back the card again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.