 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
On the contrary, Samsung pay will have suica style, tap and go. I'm waiting for my mobile wallet to fully setup and ull update on this..

but suica style also means it's a prepaid transit card (ezlink/flashpay) with top ups, without touch/face id.
so samsung pay can add both prepaid and credit cards as transit cards? what if u accidentally tap transit credit card at merchant?

Dingding6

Reaction score
Finally the bus service that unable to detect, works today.

However, while tapping out from mrt. The gantry can't detect and it failed me twice.
Starting to sweat as I realised I jam up the whole Q (Peak hr).
So decided to step away, re-activate  pay and try again.

If u guys kena the same situation, what will u do?
I noticed a fast way to re-enable the apple pay is to touch the bottom where ur other cards combined tgt and select back the card again.

same happen to me, but at the bus....i position my watch at the most optimum position(for most of my payment), yet nothing happen, no error message or anything......then i switch to different exit terminal, odd hand position higher success rate - -":s22:

2nd day trial....both also got some hiccup.

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but suica style also means it's a prepaid transit card (ezlink/flashpay) with top ups, without touch/face id.
so samsung pay can add both prepaid and credit cards as transit cards? what if u accidentally tap transit credit card at merchant?

I'm just curious - if you can charge directly to a credit card, why would you still want to top-up a prepaid card in fixed denominations like EzLink/NETS Flashpay cards do? The need to regularly top up a prepaid card, and in fixed denominations no less, makes it very inconvenient, when compared to charging directly to the credit card, isn't it?

tec_geek

Reaction score

However, while tapping out from mrt. The gantry can't detect and it failed me twice.

I noticed a fast way to re-enable the apple pay is to touch the bottom where ur other cards combined tgt and select back the card again.

You can double press the side button to also ‘re-activate’ the Apple Pay mode.

But your method there is good too.

Just in case if it fails, I would usually try at the most corner or side of the gantries. Cause usually you can straightaway shift and wait at the side to ‘configure’ again before trying to tap again.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score

tap the current (top) card also can. this is same as using non-default card for apple pay.
for apple watch, just swipe left right like selecting other cards.

jamming up q during peak hrs is the most worrying thing using mobile abt.
i find that if u tap the phone/watch on the reader without moving, there is a high chance the reader can't detect, need to move the device a bit.
most of the time when i first tap, wait 1-2 sec no response, then when i'm thinking of re-tap and move the phone/watch a bit, immediately got tick.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
I'm just curious - if you can charge directly to a credit card, why would you still want to top-up a prepaid card in fixed denominations like EzLink/NETS Flashpay cards do? The need to regularly top up a prepaid card, and in fixed denominations no less, makes it very inconvenient, when compared to charging directly to the credit card, isn't it?

yes i prefer cc for apple pay.
dunno why kenchi keep wanting suica and prepaid cards and top ups.

i'm quite happy with the current apple watch implementation. (assume after the closed trial, GTM machine can be used for the registration)
just need to find out how to tap the watch efficiently with high successful rate, most importantly without jamming up the queue.
because during peak hrs, ppl using physical cards can clear the gate as fast as 3p/sec. that's what i saw during the 1st day using mobile abt. lol.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suica is a prepaid card system on Sony felica I believe. But I don't mean that prepaid card can be added.

Currently on mobile payment platform, only nfc ezlink card and MasterCard are supported.

There are methods to prevent both from clashing, refer to faq for details.

Unlike Apple pay, Samsung pay is said to be easier once transport card is set, cos it doesn't require authentication and should work like nfc ezlink. Haven't test out this feature yet but was already documented on faq since March 2018 update.

Since this is an apple pay thread, I won't be sharing much on Samsung pay but will share it in Samsung forums once trial is open to public.. :)

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You tapped face down towards the reader hor?

Apple watch is designed to have all cellular signal, including Bluetooth Wi-Fi and nfc antenna emitting out from watch glass screen. The chassis itself is an insulator for radio signal.

yes i prefer cc for apple pay.
dunno why kenchi keep wanting suica and prepaid cards and top ups.

i'm quite happy with the current apple watch implementation. (assume after the closed trial, GTM machine can be used for the registration)
just need to find out how to tap the watch efficiently with high successful rate, most importantly without jamming up the queue.
because during peak hrs, ppl using physical cards can clear the gate as fast as 3p/sec. that's what i saw during the 1st day using mobile abt. lol.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
same happen to me, but at the bus....i position my watch at the most optimum position(for most of my payment), yet nothing happen, no error message or anything......then i switch to different exit terminal, odd hand position higher success rate - -":s22:

2nd day trial....both also got some hiccup.

yeah i also found that u can't tap at one fixed position. need to move around.
after u tap at point 1, no or slow response, then move to point 2, immediately get a tick.

Slavor

Reaction score
I got this experience tapping out on the bus. The exact same reader which I used to tap in couldn't detect my card for the tap out. After 10 seconds of trying I just went out without tapping anything. Too paiseh haha

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
You tapped face down towards the reader hor?

Apple watch is designed to have all cellular signal, including Bluetooth Wi-Fi and nfc antenna emitting out from watch glass screen. The chassis itself is an insulator for radio signal.

i rmb u said u tap your watch with a circular motion. seems like tally with my findings. need to move the mobile device around.

Slavor

Reaction score
Will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

Although I'm still trying to find out the least awkward way of tapping the gantry on the right with my left wrist...

i rmb u said u tap your watch with a circular motion. seems like tally with my findings. need to move the mobile device around.

Last edited:

Dingding6

Reaction score
yeah i also found that u can't tap at one fixed position. need to move around.
after u tap at point 1, no or slow response, then move to point 2, immediately get a tick.

i do notice i moved around abit...not by me or much....moved by the bus coz the bus still moving hahaha...:s13:

but at last moment when i give up i move my watch to different exit terminal, i do get, failed error on the first, error like not tap long enough....

i will try your method......regardless i get a beep or not...

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh so the tap and go trial on android not in the beta ? Thought android already can use the nfc sim

So it’s not only applies to Samsung pay only ?

Suica is a prepaid card system on Sony felica I believe. But I don't mean that prepaid card can be added.

Currently on mobile payment platform, only nfc ezlink card and MasterCard are supported.

There are methods to prevent both from clashing, refer to faq for details.

Unlike Apple pay, Samsung pay is said to be easier once transport card is set, cos it doesn't require authentication and should work like nfc ezlink. Haven't test out this feature yet but was already documented on faq since March 2018 update.

Since this is an apple pay thread, I won't be sharing much on Samsung pay but will share it in Samsung forums once trial is open to public.. :)

xKeithx

Reaction score
Just to check, after I register at the counter, do I still need to do anything on the abt website?

fitzerspaniel

Reaction score
Just to check, does the pre-authorisation fee apply separately for bus and mrt network? Cuz I got earmarked $0.10 twice and both times corresponding to my first Apple Pay use on bus and mrt on separate days

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check, does the pre-authorisation fee apply separately for bus and mrt network? Cuz I got earmarked $0.10 twice and both times corresponding to my first Apple Pay use on bus and mrt on separate days

from my usage, it was only earmarked once on each device. Example, watch once, phone once and thats it.

the money will not be billed to you but will be released...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.