Repair cost of laptop

Reaction score
Estimates what is the cost to repair a laptop? Or should I just source to buy a new laptop instead ?

(Can't turn on the laptop, the dell logo load and then the screen turn black, not sure if this is due to the autoupdate to window 10)

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depends on which part spoil den u know how much. beside that if the model u using is a budget line. just buy a new one and get over it.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Estimates what is the cost to repair a laptop? Or should I just source to buy a new laptop instead ?

(Can't turn on the laptop, the dell logo load and then the screen turn black, not sure if this is due to the autoupdate to window 10)

Can you get into the BIOS? If so, then possibly that the OS may be the issue.

Anyway, if you are looking at getting it serviced by the official service centers, then I will advise you not to waste time and money. They usually deter people from repairing by charging you an exorbitant price, for example, I ever receive a quote of 200 bucks to replace keyboard.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Anyway, if you are looking at getting it serviced by the official service centers, then I will advise you not to waste time and money. They usually deter people from repairing by charging you an exorbitant price, for example, I ever receive a quote of 200 bucks to replace keyboard.

:eek:

just which laptop u using? replace a kb for 200 but does it xtend and warranty as well?

Reaction score

Can't get into BIOS...

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suggest you do further troubleshooting here as I suspect Windows 10 at fault.
You mention the laptop fail to load after updating to windows 10?
What was the OS that came it with it?

Windows 8.1 or 7?
Not all laptop can support Windows 10 so take note.
If you are running UEFI boot, you won't be able to
enter the BIOS unless in legacy mode.

If the laptop originally came with 8.1/7 try reverting to the previous OS.
If cannot means the laptop gone case.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't waste money to buy another, unless you are going for brand new latest model with plenty of spare cash.

Mine this laptop i am using was repaired cost $100 which take a few days.
Technician diagnosed as MB &or components failure.
That was almost 3 years and now running no problem.

Since it is not HDD failure, after repair it works without any problem.
Anyway this laptop is old running on Windows 7 64-bit, is Toshiba Satellite Pro L630 bought 2nd hand 5 years ago.

At that time also somewhat panic and bought a 2nd hand Toshiba laptop.
Now not fully in used somehow.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi ts your laptop repair cost is free. no spoilt hardware, only broken windows.

just run the dell recovery by yourself.

Reaction score
I suggest you do further troubleshooting here as I suspect Windows 10 at fault.
You mention the laptop fail to load after updating to windows 10?
What was the OS that came it with it?

Windows 8.1 or 7?
Not all laptop can support Windows 10 so take note.
If you are running UEFI boot, you won't be able to
enter the BIOS unless in legacy mode.

If the laptop originally came with 8.1/7 try reverting to the previous OS.
If cannot means the laptop gone case.

Not sure what OS it come with, bought it a few yrs back, how to revert to previous OS as the laptop can't turn on?

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Still possible if you can find the correct key combo to enter your bios.

rEe_TaN

Master Member
Reaction score

Whatever you do, DO NOT ever bring your laptop to SLS for repair. You never know if your data will get leak or not.

Just a friendly reminder :)

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:eek:

just which laptop u using? replace a kb for 200 but does it xtend and warranty as well?

No extended warranty man. It was an Acer laptop. But I am sure this is standard practice for the manufacturer to charge you a lot for repairs outside of warranty. The idea is to deter you from fixing it and go get a new one.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.