 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Authorisation fee, it's correct. The final amount will be your transport fare.

But for it to happen so frequently?
I was expecting it to happen one & only one time when I use the virtual card in the transit system for the very first time...

Dingding6

Reaction score
Last Monday after working hours. Got it to work I think Thursday if I’m not wrong.

I’m using on iPhone X

will try again today.

you can tap on the topup machine first to verify before you enter the gantry.....

if it stated "Bank card supported" and you see no respond when enter the gantry, most likely you tap the wrong way and it cannot read your phone.

Last edited:

sanjeevrana

Reaction score
Unable to add any card to my abt account ... all end up with error after authorization step... tried regular visa/master from dbs/citi/stanchart ... any ideas ?

Slavor

Reaction score
Firstly visa cannot add at the moment, only mastercard can. Secondly please specify what kind of error do you see.

Unable to add any card to my abt account ... all end up with error after authorization step... tried regular visa/master from dbs/citi/stanchart ... any ideas ?

chinnian

Reaction score
Experience of this is hit and miss. Tried Apple Watch and iPhone 7. When taking bus, needs to try iPhone 2-3 times on different readers. 2 times got "transaction not completed" msg on iPhone". And yes, tried different positions of tapping, hovering, etc. Still fail rate is 50%. If there's no improvement to the system, this is almost unusable.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Series 3, no issues with MRT Gantries.
For bus, so far. 1 Bus ride has failed me.

i believe watch series 3 should have stronger nfc.
how long is the processing time for your tap? below 1 sec like physical card or 2-3 secs?
wat's your tapping pattern? touch the watch face on the reader or hanging in the air 2-3cm or hovering?

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone asked this. Suddenly had this question in mind. What if on bus kena the inspector, will there be any issue verifying the payment?

Slavor

Reaction score
Covered in FAQ I think, just let them scan your device as you would scan your mastercard. No difference.

Not sure if anyone asked this. Suddenly had this question in mind. What if on bus kena the inspector, will there be any issue verifying the payment?

Slavor

Reaction score
Can try your luck as many of us have, but don't be surprised if some stations can enter but got issues tapping out, or bus don't recognize. If you want to avoid these issues just wait the 7 working days.

7 working days really die die 7... ? No earlier than that ?

Odessa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Firstly visa cannot add at the moment, only mastercard can. Secondly please specify what kind of error do you see.

Well that sucks

I was hoping this would work

When I tried registering my DBS Visa, the same card I'm using for Apple Pay, it was returned as 'Unsuccessful. An error has been identified and we are unable to add this card to your account."

Last edited:

Dingding6

Reaction score
Well that sucks

I was hoping this would work

When I tried registering my DBS Visa, the same card I'm using for Apple Pay, it was returned as 'Unsuccessful. An error has been identified and we are unable to add this card to your account."

Visa card you need to wait until June.....that's when the Visa Trial supposed to start

i purposely get an extra mastercard because of this mobile payment trial.

Last edited:

bencheongcm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those those register your Mastercard paypass for the transitlink’s Account-based ticketing (ABT) and approved, are you able to add them into Apple Pay and use your Apple devices to tap in/out of MRT and Buses?

coloumbiaGames

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those those register your Mastercard paypass for the transitlink’s Account-based ticketing (ABT) and approved, are you able to add them into Apple Pay and use your Apple devices to tap in/out of MRT and Buses?

The bank Credit/debit card must support apple pay first.
Citibank doesn't support apple pay.

bencheongcm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The bank Credit/debit card must support apple pay first.
Citibank doesn't support apple pay.

I have been using my POSB everyday card since August last year to tap. If now I just add it to my apple device and use my "e.g Iphone" to tap should be able to work?

Whats with the register and wait 7 days thing? should be work straight forward since its just a virtual card and a replacement card of a physical card :s11:

coloumbiaGames

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been using my POSB everyday card since August last year to tap. If now I just add it to my apple device and use my "e.g Iphone" to tap should be able to work?

Whats with the register and wait 7 days thing? should be work straight forward since its just a virtual card and a replacement card of a physical card :s11:

https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/Download/Important%20Notice.pdf

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
That would be epic, can enter 1 side but cannot exit the other... then how ah ? Ask station control to assist ah ?

Can try your luck as many of us have, but don't be surprised if some stations can enter but got issues tapping out, or bus don't recognize. If you want to avoid these issues just wait the 7 working days.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.