NTU/NUS/SMU 2018-2019 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindendr

Reaction score
I thought the highest bonus mark you can get from HMTL is 1 RP?
HMTL bonus points is not strictly 1, it depends on the grade you get. An A in HMTL gives a little more than 1 point I think. So together with the additional 1.25 bonus from 1st choice and his base RP (sorry, I think His base is 70 point something), it totals up to be 73ish

dre5050

Reaction score
those guys who went for smu interview, did anyone apply and get accapted for a double degree?

Chr1stian

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am a 2017 private candidate, retook A levels because I totally flunked my A levels back in 2016.

My grades last year was 68.25, ADS/C (horrifying, look at how uneven that was).
This year after retaking, I managed to get BBC/C, RP76.25 w/o HMTL, and 77.625 with HMTL.

ANNDDD.
I just received direct offer from wkwsci 10 min ago for communication studies (NTU smsed me)!!!!! So extremely happy!!!:D:s13:=:p

I wanted to share this here, mainly to tell those who didn't do well in the 1st A levels (yas I'm eyeing you guys with <70 RP, esp those from arts/hybrid stream without SPAs), do place retaking as an option for consideration as you sit through the long wait of "admission processing"!!
Because if you can tahan half a year of mugging you might be able to land yourself into a much more favorable course of your choice the next year!!!

And for me, I am so grateful to have repeated, and didn't just settle myself into some random course that I have really no interest in for the sake of entering Uni. University choice might really affect your life paths and future pursuits so don't take it too lightly!

As for those who are still waiting,
some information from Reddit:

Business, I know someone with 76ish RP receiving offers from NTU and NUS, and for Accounting there's someone who got in with 77ish RP.

I guess this year IGP dropped for a lot of courses so guys, if your application is still processing, don't lose hope yet!! ( ´▽` )ノ

All the best, and Good luck everyone!

Thank you! I got 65RP and my application is still processing ): any chance if u can tell us if u got accepted into any courses in the first year of ur application? When you had 68RP

-73H_64M3R-

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am a 2017 private candidate, retook A levels because I totally flunked my A levels back in 2016.

This year after retaking, I managed to get BBC/C, RP76.25 w/o HMTL, and 77.625 with HMTL.

ANNDDD.
I just received direct offer from wkwsci 10 min ago for communication studies (NTU smsed me)!!!!! So extremely happy!!!:D:s13:=:p

I wanted to share this here, mainly to tell those who didn't do well in the 1st A levels (yas I'm eyeing you guys with <70 RP, esp those from arts/hybrid stream without SPAs), do place retaking as an option for consideration as you sit through the long wait of "admission processing"!!
Because if you can tahan half a year of mugging you might be able to land yourself into a much more favorable course of your choice the next year!!!

And for me, I am so grateful to have repeated, and didn't just settle myself into some random course that I have really no interest in for the sake of entering Uni. University choice might really affect your life paths and future pursuits so don't take it too lightly!

Business, I know someone with 76ish RP receiving offers from NTU and NUS, and for Accounting there's someone who got in with 77ish RP.

I guess this year IGP dropped for a lot of courses so guys, if your application is still processing, don't lose hope yet!! ( ´▽` )ノ

Good to know you're doing well. However, I think it's impossible to get 68.25 with ADS/C even if you score A for GP, PW and MT. :o

mubassir

Reaction score
Masters(Engineering) @ NTU/NUS 2018-19

Hi,

Has anyone applied for masters at NTU/NUS in engineering stream for AY2018/2019?
I would like to know when admission offers are given for masters application?
As mine are still in "Processing" stage!!

dropdeadgary

Reaction score
hello, i went for SMU business discovery day 23rd March. i received the offer for the course via email 2 days after attending the event. as far as i know i think everyone who attended will be given an offer, we did have to register using our IC/FIN before the event starts and the host told us to wait for official offer one week after the event.
since you were overseas hence didnt get your IC scanned, i think you should contact smu again to clarify your offer, probably by emailing the person who emailed you the discovery day invite.
hope things will go smoothly!

Okay sure thank you so much for the info!

bramian97

Reaction score
Hi guys,

received SMU IS offer today at 5 pm. However, when access to the applicant self service to check, why the accept offer choice is freezed and the course is to be declared?

Anyone has the same experience?

cheeselin

Reaction score
Hi, anyone went for SMU SOSS interview on Fri 13/4? Have you received any news? Thanks!

I went for the interview on 13/4! Not yet sadly... i don’t have much hopes as my interview wasn’t that good imo. What about you?

chickenfeet1456

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

ANNDDD.

hi!! Congrats! do you have any idea what the COP for wkwsci is for this year? I applied for wkw too w 74rps and have yet to receive a reply :( thanks!

silverxevan

Reaction score
hi anyone who went for SMU social science interview this year already can share your experiences? frm what I read online every year the interview format seems to change (correct me if im wrong) :/ thanks in advance!!

cheeselin

Reaction score
hi anyone who went for SMU social science interview this year already can share your experiences? frm what I read online every year the interview format seems to change (correct me if im wrong) :/ thanks in advance!!

Hi ! I just went for the interview on 13/4. The interview is a discussion on an article, it’ll be given prior to the interview. It is a group interview with about 5 people per group and 2 professors in the room. I can PM you a link on a pretty detailed experience by another person who attended it too this year!

silverxevan

Reaction score
Had history interview today too and the prof said the same to me hahaha hopefully it's a good sign!! All the best :)

Did my History interview with NTU today ((,: If the prof says "I hope to see you next year", is that a good sign or does he say that to all candidates? A bit hard to read his body language hahaha

ohno he didn't say that to me haha btw can i ask how were ur interviews like? like what qns did he ask?

silverxevan

Reaction score
Hi ! I just went for the interview on 13/4. The interview is a discussion on an article, it’ll be given prior to the interview. It is a group interview with about 5 people per group and 2 professors in the room. I can PM you a link on a pretty detailed experience by another person who attended it too this year!

hi okay thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.