AOC 50in 4K TV @$699

lordjulian

Reaction score
@lovehikki Thanks for the very informative links!

I can confirm 100% that my $568 (ntuc fairprice) AOC 50" UHD has a RGBW panel. I have ran exactly the same test patterns, vertical lines:

vertical pure color X 1-pixel wide line

x = red, white, green, blue

The earlier AOC models might have shipped with RGB panel, but not mine.

I have also confirmed that the sub $800 4K panels as of 2018.04 are 99% RGBW pseudo 4K. (With the Akira 55" being one notable exception)

Last edited:

lordjulian

Reaction score
:eek:, bro, how many feet you seating away from your "monitor"? It's like staring at a cinema screen on first row :s13:.
I put my 55" monitor on a dining table (long edge), and I sit on the other edge. it is like having 4 full HD monitors stacked 2x2.

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
note that rgbw can be real 4k, but this tend to only applies to oled or flagship models.

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hooted... BOC cso says qualify for 5%... anyone top up for the adjustable mount? $50 for the one that can pull out and tilt 15deg... or are there better ones?

Can hoot with boc credit card get 5%?

lordjulian

Reaction score
True, higher end-oled panel use extra pixel. I had a toshiba 40" RGBY (yellow) tv that is quite nice, bought in 2011.

The inferior panel should be called xRGBW

x=diagonal/checkerboard

note that rgbw can be real 4k, but this tend to only applies to oled or flagship models.

happinesscuminpairs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hooted... BOC cso says qualify for 5%... anyone top up for the adjustable mount? $50 for the one that can pull out and tilt 15deg... or are there better ones?

Got more info on the wall mount?

TV hot horizontal banding. But for this price not really complaining.

elecflux

Reaction score
Got more info on the wall mount?

TV hot horizontal banding. But for this price not really complaining.

Have bought one and delivered today. Watch 720p video from Singtel, picture good enough for me. Try Xiaomi 1089p video, think is sharper.

May I check how to cast video to the tv? I can’t find the tv to choose from when I try to cast the video. I have already connected to the same wifi network.

happinesscuminpairs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have bought one and delivered today. Watch 720p video from Singtel, picture good enough for me. Try Xiaomi 1089p video, think is sharper.

May I check how to cast video to the tv? I can’t find the tv to choose from when I try to cast the video. I have already connected to the same wifi network.
Have not try video casting yet .Was overseas, came back need to reset up wifi connection. Seem like when u off socket, wifi need to re-connect manually.

Joge517

Reaction score
This model or xiaomi 4a 50inch at $570, which one u guys think is a better buy5

Sent from Xiaomi MI 5 using GAGT

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Dont think you can find the AOC model on sale anymore, and even if you do, its probably no longer on promo price.

For the xiaomi, it doesnt come with dvb-t2 tuner as china uses a different broadcasting standard. So to receive mediacorp channels you would need to purchase an additional tuner and indoor antenna or subscribe to singtel/starhub set-top box. Also i have read alot of comments online claiming their xiaomi tv start having problems inside the 1st couple of years and just outright dead beyond repair soon after. For that kind of price you will have to decide whether its worth the risk.

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score

小米無保修。買家需要多嗮大約$60買六個月有限保修。
其他大陸牌子宜家祗有一年全保,第二第三年人工免費,部件另計。
AOC唔同。保修由飛利浦撐。三年全保。

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.