Ryzen 2 info and Updates

ArcticCheetah

Banned
Reaction score
If you want Wraith Prism coolers without the LED lights you can purchase it cheap off taobao.
Same cooler without the lights

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes.... why? Coolermaster has always been the OEM HS maker for both intel and amd.

Foxconn for the round ones?

I know CM makes the ones in HP and etc systems, but what about the stock AMD cute 4-sided HSF?

icheb

Reaction score
Anyone knows if the Asus X470-I mini itx board will be available at launch?

concept_fuel

Reaction score
The wraith prism cooler is similar to the retail wraith max(apart from the exposed heatpipe at the bottom) which would retail anywhere between 60usd and up....so how's that for value:s12:.......my only gripe is with the awful old school clip locking thingy.

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The wraith prism cooler is similar to the retail wraith max(apart from the exposed heatpipe at the bottom) which would retail anywhere between 60usd and up....so how's that for value:s12:.......my only gripe is with the awful old school clip locking thingy.

Easy on, easy off. Sure beats push pin style coolers

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the lock works well. And compared to Intel's push pin method, it is easier and less chance of poor contact.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about the old version, but the one expected to be bundled with the 2700X comes with 4 heatpipes.

Yup, it's 4 heat-pipes. Also, per-RGB LED control, transparent fan blades and slightly smaller profile.

Here's a pic

102426-wraith-prism-cooler-1260x709.png

concept_fuel

Reaction score
Easy on, easy off. Sure beats push pin style coolers

I think the lock works well. And compared to Intel's push pin method, it is easier and less chance of poor contact.

I would agree on the old socket at least but the new 1 seems to be poorly implemented.

To get the cooler to "hook" you need to use excessive force to wedge the latch to close. If the heatsink doesn't rest its mounting pressure on the ledges on both sides of the AM4 bracket, you can damage your motherboard, which happened to some users of these coolers if you read the wraith type cooler user feedback.

Either the hooks/latches that's mounted on current am4 motheboards are a bit too low compared to AM2 & AM3 motherboards or the metal clip thingy is too short.

I for 1 prefer the wraith spire type cooler mounting. 4 screws which can be torque with even pressure on each screw.

JqxXQHG.png

NOfRCqh.jpg

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:(:(:( okie :(

10chars

My order of preference for top tier mobo makers: MSI, Asrock, Gigabyte, Asus

I've even used Jetway and Zotac before and they appeared more reliable than Asus. VIA reference Motherboards are not too bad either if they would stop screwing up the placement of components. Very reliable though.

Thinking about this, aren't the distros going to be announcing which boards they are going to carry for Pinnacle Ridge? And those distros like Corbell to state which of the processors they are going to carry?

ArcticCheetah

Banned
Reaction score
What's it called without the AMD marketing?

amd 幽灵 散热器
It is just called wraith cooler I bought 1 cooling is better than Wraith Spire on my 1700 plus I hate stupid lights in my CPU
It is suppose to be those wraiths for the FX cpus looks identical to wraith max minus the lights

Last edited:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clip coolers are easy sure boh? :s13:

When you need two hands to use weight to push down on the screwdriver...

When the old single latch got upgraded to 3 latches in the later Athlon years... and the latches still can break. And the number of bare dies that got chipped.

turbin95

Reaction score
Anyone knows if the am4 300 motherboards sold in sls now have bios updated for ryzen 2 alr? Looking at gigabyte ab350n

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.