NTU/NUS/SMU 2018-2019 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayling

Reaction score
Anyone has gone for/ is going for NUS FASS writing test for aptitude-based admissions? Please share. Thanks!

helpmeplsss

Reaction score
Hi! Lmk if you get interview/offer for it! Apparently ssm not very pop in this forum and almost no news about it... I’m also int in ssm but got about 6x :( so am a hopeful soul right here! Hahaha

do they conduct interviews for this course? other than for DA. but it's taking so long!! did you put SSM as your first choice?

Chamarzxc

Reaction score
I’m not sure about the interview part... I tried looking at past posts regarding ssm & really very little info... hahaha but for me I’m really relying on DA cos my rp didn’t meet the cut off... and yes it’s my first choice! You?

do they conduct interviews for this course? other than for DA. but it's taking so long!! did you put SSM as your first choice?

Silverology

Reaction score
hey guys, I just checked SMU's application status page and it says
''Status Update Date: 2018-04-09''

but still says 'application being processed.'

not sure if it was there before...what does that mean?

Hello! Have you receive an offer from SMU biz already?

vancasso

Reaction score
Hi ! I just went for the interview on 13/4. The interview is a discussion on an article, it’ll be given prior to the interview. It is a group interview with about 5 people per group and 2 professors in the room. I can PM you a link on a pretty detailed experience by another person who attended it too this year!

hi! can pm me the link too?Thank u!

bloomx

Reaction score
Hi anyone with <73RP got called up for SMU biz interview? Also, those who got called up for SMU econs interview, able to share your RP? (asking for a friend)

littletwinstarsxo

Reaction score
Hi, anyone here already went for NTU'S LMS interview and written test? How was the test and what type of questions did they ask? Any advice? Thanks!

Hi! My interview essay question was the same as orangenote. I was accepted as well. Mainly the question was why lingusitics and what career I wish to pursue in the future. He also asked if I have any questions for him (please be prepared for this. Impt! ). The prof who interviewed me did not focus on asking too many specific questions but he just let the conversation flow and tried to get a feel of my thought process.

Some advice I can give you is to

1. Know what career you wish to pursue in the future and how LMS can help you. Also read up on Lingusitics and what it entails.

2. Read up on their modules and internships they have, tell the interviewer how it is related to your career goals and how these can develop you in your future job etc

4. Leverage on your past experience in poly/Jc and how it relates to lingusitics (if possible). For example have you ever learnt another language? It’s a good time to talk about how it sparked your interest in linguistics.

Last edited:

nugget99

Reaction score
ohno he didn't say that to me haha btw can i ask how were ur interviews like? like what qns did he ask?

I think there were 2 profs having history interview today so maybe yours was the other prof, all the best tho! :)

For mine he asked the usual kind of interview questions like why i wanted to take history, what i was going to do with a history degree etc. I also had a reading task where i had to read an article and he followed up by asking me questions on it!

jayzzee

Reaction score
Congrats on your SMU scholarship offer! Wanted to clarify, when you say that you were interviewed on 20 March and was offered "a week later", do you mean that you received scholarship offer, or did you mean admission offer? Thanks!!

P.S. Are you matriculating in 2018?

I received admission offer immediately after my interview. Scholarship offer came a week later. And yes will be matriculating this year

daaawn

Reaction score
ohno he didn't say that to me haha btw can i ask how were ur interviews like? like what qns did he ask?

hi! went for ntu hist interview today as well. basically he asked me what did history mean to me, whether have i read any history books recently, what are my main interests in history and another question that had to do with my reponse given! i kinda had fun during the interview, the prof was rly friendly.

also, is anyone else gg for the smu pps interview this friday? im quite nervous abt it since i rly want to get into the course. :(

daaawn

Reaction score
Hi ! I just went for the interview on 13/4. The interview is a discussion on an article, it’ll be given prior to the interview. It is a group interview with about 5 people per group and 2 professors in the room. I can PM you a link on a pretty detailed experience by another person who attended it too this year!

hi can u pm me too :)

fishiehead

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone from poly already got offer from NTU yet? Did you need to submit your final-sem results beforehand?

And if your outcome somehow fails to make it by email...can you also check your outcome on the admissions portal?

hey i just got an offer yesterday (16apr)! i submitted my final sem results the moment i received my results (before ntu offered me). theres a link at the portal for u to submit just the final sem's results.

not sure about the joint portal, but there is a downloadable pdf (offer letter) in the ntu admission portal (at the bottom row of the table thingy)

bloomx

Reaction score
hi! went for ntu hist interview today as well. basically he asked me what did history mean to me, whether have i read any history books recently, what are my main interests in history and another question that had to do with my reponse given! i kinda had fun during the interview, the prof was rly friendly.

also, is anyone else gg for the smu pps interview this friday? im quite nervous abt it since i rly want to get into the course. :(

hi, can i know whats your rp?

doritoes

Reaction score
Has any poly student received any offer from NTU business? Also, if you do, what’s your CGPA?

cherryblossomxxx

Reaction score
Hi there!! I was from the 13th Apr 9am slot and I received my offer yesterday at 5pm! But don't worry, because the some of my friends who went for earlier interviews received their offers a week later, and I've heard that they might even drag till 3 weeks later. Just be rest assured that SMU biz admits the most people (out of all 3 biz schools) — 764! =:p Have faith!

Hi!! can i know how was the interview?

cheeselin

Reaction score
Thank u cheeselin! I cant seem to reply to the pm haha. My application has been "receiving attention" for a week now and i havent been called up :( Do u know what it means?

Hahha, np!, its okay. Sorry I have no clue too. Mine's receiving attention too even after I went for my interview.

Jessic

Reaction score
I went for the interview on 13/4! Not yet sadly... i don’t have much hopes as my interview wasn’t that good imo. What about you?

Hu, just wanna tell u guys not to lose hope as everyone around me also received smu offers 1-3 days after interview so at that point in time I felt hopeless. Thankfully my offer came 20 days later! (SMU SOSS offer) So don’t be too worried bout it. It may even drag up to 1 month++! All the best! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.