[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljohn78

Reaction score
D5y9qEKl.jpg

Can anyone tell me what's happening to my nana leave? Is it got bacteria eating it?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Spots or holes in leaves may indicate nutrient deficiency. This case, it means Manganese deficiency.

You can add some fertilizer that contain trace element to see if that helps.

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Normally fresh water fish dont need to add salt to their tank.

I know some hobbyist always have salt in their tank to prevent fungus or bacteria.

But in nature, the fish like Tetra live in river that has almost zero salt content in the water. Personally i only add salt to water of hospital tank for really sick fish.

i use salt for my GT and sea bass
first time WC with salt last night, let's see if anything happens

ahtom82

Reaction score
Spots or holes in leaves may indicate nutrient deficiency. This case, it means Manganese deficiency.

You can add some fertilizer that contain trace element to see if that helps.
This is nana plant. Sorry for my ignorance, I tot nana plant don't need put any additional fertiliser...

pewpewpew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I finally bought a lamp stand and a 24w tornado incandescent lamp (warm white) from Philips for my set up. Also helps with my plants haha

ljohn78

Reaction score
This is nana plant. Sorry for my ignorance, I tot nana plant don't need put any additional fertiliser...

Anubias is a hardy plant and can tolerate alot of different condition. But it is still a plant afterall.

Normally, the plant absorb nutrients from the water through its leaves. The plant still need the normal range of nutrients like NPK and other trace elements. Because it usually grow slower in low light, the nutrients need is also lower. In higher light and or co2, it will grow faster and need more nutrients. If nutrients is lacking, sign of deficiency will be displayed.

The hole may also be due to snails like apple snails or fish. Low possibilty but it really depends on your tank setup.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

ljohn78

Reaction score
i use salt for my GT and sea bass
first time WC with salt last night, let's see if anything happens
Daryl. Your GT and sea bass are different from tetra that he posted.

Your fish swim and play in brackish water. GT need more salt as they grow and sea bass is actually a marine fish but can also tolerate wide range of salt concentration.

These fish are so greedy fish. What you feed them with?

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

pewpewpew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is 24W 1550 Lumen and quite bright. Warm Light.

How to add fertilizers? I got puffer and snail inside the tank leh. Wont kill these animals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.