 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dunno what happened but when I encountered failure for the 1st time twice today, i.e. once when entering a EWL station & once when entering a NSL station. Phone tapping has been solid for me for quite a while already...

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried for the first time on MRT gantry on my Apple Watch this evening, successful. Tapping in and out shows BANK CARD USAGE.

coloumbiaGames

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nearly cannot exit the station :s22:
The same gantry that has been working for the past 5 days failed me :s22:

SNAG

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried to board the train with my AW but kept showing card error. Tapping at GTM shows card supported. Tried with my iPhone and it works.

I’ve registered the same card on two devices, could this be the reason for the error? Else need to make a trip tomorrow to transitlink.

Slavor

Reaction score
Same card on two devices isn't an issue. Since when did you register your AW?

Tried to board the train with my AW but kept showing card error. Tapping at GTM shows card supported. Tried with my iPhone and it works.

I’ve registered the same card on two devices, could this be the reason for the error? Else need to make a trip tomorrow to transitlink.

SNAG

Master Member
Reaction score
Same card on two devices isn't an issue. Since when did you register your AW?

Registered on Sat, but the GTM already shows bank card supported. My iPhone (registered on the same day) already works. Will probably wait for a few more days..

Edit: turns out that the phone didn’t work on the bus. So you need to wait for 7 days for the additions to propagate. Got a dagger stare from the bus driver...

Last edited:

Slavor

Reaction score
Different MRT lines operate on different systems, so just because the GTM show doesn't mean everywhere has been updated already.

Registered on Sat, but the GTM already shows bank card supported. My iPhone (registered on the same day) already works. Will probably wait for a few more days..

_underthebutterfly

Reaction score
can i ask if my bank card that i used previously for cepas transaction, currently inside still got value. if i change to bank card usage, what will happen to the value inside?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Value will still be inside, just that the card cannot be used for transit if you switch to bank card mode. However ezlink/flashpay retail transaction can still use..

Cannot apply for refund or else they will block the cepas card forever and you won't be able to use it anymore..

can i ask if my bank card that i used previously for cepas transaction, currently inside still got value. if i change to bank card usage, what will happen to the value inside?

alvino

Reaction score
Value will still be inside, just that the card cannot be used for transit if you switch to bank card mode. However ezlink/flashpay retail transaction can still use..

Cannot apply for refund or else they will block the cepas card forever and you won't be able to use it anymore..

Yes renfred89 is right. I applied refund thru ATM, the card got invalidated for good.

For those who wanna refund I suggest you don’t or just use it for other transactions outside TransitLink purpose. Unless you all don’t mind an invalidated cepas card

centori1965

Reaction score
Notification

According to FAQ, users will get notification once it's ready for use?

"Why is that I am successfully registered but cannot seem to tap my mobile wallet for fare payment?
Please ensure that you have received notification from TransitLink that your mobile wallet is ready for fare payments, and check that your mobile device is not in close proximity to another contactless card or device to avoid card clash."

Dingding6

Reaction score
According to FAQ, users will get notification once it's ready for use?

"Why is that I am successfully registered but cannot seem to tap my mobile wallet for fare payment?
Please ensure that you have received notification from TransitLink that your mobile wallet is ready for fare payments, and check that your mobile device is not in close proximity to another contactless card or device to avoid card clash."

this FAQ is inaccurate.....

i receive no notification and i still can use......i think they skip and don't bother sending notification
it seems i have difficulty in tapping my mobile wallet which according to the FAQ is maybe due to card clash ....etc...etc

but in fact is the card reader problem.......sometimes need to tap multiple time only it will success....cannot be i need to wait 7 working days or receive notification only it will work in 1 tap right?

i have been using it even before the 7 days.......all can go through but with alot of difficulty...

Last edited:

_underthebutterfly

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the info!

GamerZ

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
uL4zqCHl.jpg

Maybe I am lucky. 6 working days can use on both bus and MRT and fast as well

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
those who use apple watch without prob, how long is the processing time from tap until pass thru the gate? below 1 sec or 2-3 sec?
when there are long q during peak hrs, do u feel that using apple watch is slower compared to others?

Montoya

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But can it be used already? Or still need to wait till 7 working days?

worked for me on MRT yesterday.

for those who have problems tapping in, try hovering the phone around 1cm over the reader. it should scan just fine.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those who use apple watch without prob, how long is the processing time from tap until pass thru the gate? below 1 sec or 2-3 sec?
when there are long q during peak hrs, do u feel that using apple watch is slower compared to others?

The response time is around a second, quite snappy. But of course using the regular card is more convenient.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.