EDMW Knife Collectors

sam_splinterc

Reaction score
fidget spinner knife

Has anyone tried JOKR knife before? Looks like it's designed here in Singapore. Any thoughts on this particular knife?

chengkhi

Reaction score
selling the following away, pm me if interested:
Shirogorov 95T M390 blade
Shirogorov Neon S30V blade
GTC Plasma CPM154 blade
GTC Gforce 2 damasteel blade
GTC Stampede Nebula Damascus blade
Tendick Waki CPM3V blade
Tendick Tanto CPM3V blade

Dragoice

Reaction score
Selling knives

Selling some knives, pm if interested(SGD):
1. Gen 4 XM-18 3.5 inch, Tan G10, S35VN -> $old
2. Microtech D.O.C, Manual, Red, Bead Blasted, ELMAX -> $old
3. Rike Thor4s (Blue/purple), M390 -> $old

Last edited:

Dragoice

Reaction score
Selling some knives, pm if interested(SGD):
1. Gen 4 XM-18 3.5 inch, Tan G10, S35VN -> $old
2. Microtech D.O.C, Manual, Red, Bead Blasted, ELMAX -> $old
3. Rike Thor4s (Blue/purple), M390 -> $old

Further price reduction
1. $old
2. $old
3. $old

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a Kizer Cutlery Vanguard V4468A2 Ray Laconico Intrepid Flipper 3.625" VG10 Stonewashed Blade, OD Green G10 Handles. LNIB - I carried for a few days but found it too big for my use (I use a slipjoint normally).

Great flipping action. In blister pack etc.

It's USD86 on KC + shipping.

I'm asking for $spf only - cheap cheap.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/kizer-cu...ofile&ref_referrer=/vespaguy/&ref_sId=1114280

Last edited:

byzzare

Reaction score
Any one with prior experience with Yuna Custom Knife?

Hey fellow collectors,

Anyone has prior experience with Yuna Knife?

mamba2012

Reaction score
Hey fellow collectors,

Anyone has prior experience with Yuna Knife?

Have had some experience handling 2 prior 3-4 years back. Take my words with a pinch of salt, but there weren't very many impressive things on his knife.

At the time, his flippers didn't flip smoothly. It was almost impossible to deploy based on pressing the flipper tab alone. From what I know, his prices are not cheap as well.

I emailed him multiple times a few years back, to ask for a slot on his books. 0 communication that the email was even received, zilch.

However, sometime last year, he informed me that my turn was up on his books and he asked if I still wanted the knife :s22:. If I'm going to pay thousands of dollars for a knife, I would definitely expect some form of communication from the maker.

byzzare

Reaction score
Have had some experience handling 2 prior 3-4 years back. Take my words with a pinch of salt, but there weren't very many impressive things on his knife.

At the time, his flippers didn't flip smoothly. It was almost impossible to deploy based on pressing the flipper tab alone. From what I know, his prices are not cheap as well.

I emailed him multiple times a few years back, to ask for a slot on his books. 0 communication that the email was even received, zilch.

However, sometime last year, he informed me that my turn was up on his books and he asked if I still wanted the knife :s22:. If I'm going to pay thousands of dollars for a knife, I would definitely expect some form of communication from the maker.

Haha I see. As its gonna be my turn next month, was hoping someone with experience going thru the entire designing process could share some stuff with me haha or us on the forums haha.

Otstudent

Reaction score
Just a bump: Kershaw's new 2018 designs are in, and for a change, at least a third of them are manual folders instead of Speedsafe assisted.

On the other hand, CRKT is going deeper with larger knives (3.5" and above) and AOs. I like Matthew Learch's and Ken Steigerwalt's designs, but almost all the nice stuff from them in CRKT's lineup are AOs.

Why can't cutlery companies from anywhere in the world (even you, China) give us a suitable offering of manual folders with blade lengths < 3.3" that aren't also so fat and wide? :(

My ideal knife is one with a slimness similar to the Benchmade 940-1, but with the blade length chopped down to 3" - 3.2" and in softer 5cr13 steel so that it won't break the bank (about 30USD).

Benchmade was always nice

DrSheldonCooper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Can recommend a good place to get a knife in Singapore? Online probably out as I need it by this weekend. Looking for something more versatile, as it's a gift for my uncle who likes to go hiking and camping.

I remember I bought a knife from Sheares before. If no recommendations I'll probably head back there. Budget probably around 60-70 bucks.

Any knife/brand recommendations that can hit that price range most welcome. =)

Edit: A folder would probably be ideal as he usualy drives across the causeway to camp there. Easier to hide from their customs I guess.

Last edited:

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Can recommend a good place to get a knife in Singapore? Online probably out as I need it by this weekend. Looking for something more versatile, as it's a gift for my uncle who likes to go hiking and camping.

I remember I bought a knife from Sheares before. If no recommendations I'll probably head back there. Budget probably around 60-70 bucks.

Edit: A folder would probably be ideal as he usualy drives across the causeway to camp there. Easier to hide from their customs I guess.

Razorsharp

cokiee

Reaction score

HGS? Saw online that they've got a fair number of options.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
I collected a few samurai replica non sharp sword plus couple of western swords/blade. Asking if anyone also collector here?

snip82

Reaction score
is leatherman wave or rebar more worth it?
where to get leatherman wave?

Last edited:

ZedMaster

Banned
Reaction score
I just got hold of Warthog CURVE sharpener. It works.

Now I can again shave using my SOG Mini Vulcan, the only knife I own.

For safety sake, I will stick to my Gillette Mach 3. :D

byzzare

Reaction score
Did you end up getting your yuna?

I have already designed it with him and paid the deposit. It's a few months of wait for the knife to be completed.

His communication, I would say is quite good, always get replies within a day so far.

Rock-kun

Reaction score
Anyone got recommendations for a good slipjoint that meets the following criteria?
- Wide blade
- 2.75" - 3.25" blade length. Nothing bigger. Can go a little smaller though.
- Body should preferably not be made of wood or any 'natural' materials like bone or horn.
- Stiff backspring. The blade should not be able to be 'flung' open from a wrist-whip.
- Preferably single-blade only. But dual blades are fine if done in a Canoe style (i.e.: one blade on each end). No barlows, and no modern, tactical-style folders. I already have the Spyderco UKPK and Byrd Tern for the latter.
- Nail nick opening.
- Steel type not important, but should be at least 5cr15mov or equivalent / better

The closest option that matches this is AG Russell's Rancher, but he does not ship here:
rus-cx13yd-er.jpg

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.