Macbook vs Macbook Air

rvyne7

Reaction score
I never own MB before but I owned both MBA and MBP-TB (both 13")... at this age of time, I recommend just buy the MB if you're using it for light usage otherwise go for non-touch bar MBP.

I'm not sure why people are trying to discourage others about having only 1 usb-c.... 1 port is more than enough. I seldom use my 2nd port this days.. the main port usage is just for power or if ever I use adapter that comes with usb 3.0 and hdmi.

This class of gadget mean to be mobile... portability is the key otherwise if you want gazillion ports and other extras go for desktop.

rvyne7

Reaction score
Don't understand how people can stand the 720p resolution and TN panel of the MBA in 2018. Go to any electronics store and you can easily find a 1080p IPS laptop which is much better quality. I'd rather pay more for a Macbook or MBP for the much better screen since that's the thing you'll be staring at all day.

I actually like everything about MBA except its already dated designed.. weight, screen , specs, colors and etc can't compete this days if they bump just the specs even without upgrading the screen I might still buy it than getting iPad pro.

radiancez567

Reaction score
I never own MB before but I owned both MBA and MBP-TB (both 13")... at this age of time, I recommend just buy the MB if you're using it for light usage otherwise go for non-touch bar MBP.

I'm not sure why people are trying to discourage others about having only 1 usb-c.... 1 port is more than enough. I seldom use my 2nd port this days.. the main port usage is just for power or if ever I use adapter that comes with usb 3.0 and hdmi.

This class of gadget mean to be mobile... portability is the key otherwise if you want gazillion ports and other extras go for desktop.

Different people different usage. Someone might need to connect multiple thumbdrives. Others might need power and multiple external hard drives.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.