 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Montoya

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Besides using GTM to check the readiness of our iPhone and Apple Watch, any other methods?

I just went BV yesterday to register both my devices. I suppose meanwhile till 7 working days later, I can’t tell if my devices are registered successfully into their system?

you need at least 2-3 days for them to update their backend systems. when i registered @ city hall their laptop wasn't connected to the network so it could be that they sync in all details come end of day.

yesterday evening had to scan 2 times before gates open. first tap phone registered the entry but gate screen flash red. 2nd tap is almost instantaneous.

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i add the same ABT card to both Apple Pay and Android Pay and use them alternatively?

lawzhong

Reaction score
you need at least 2-3 days for them to update their backend systems. when i registered @ city hall their laptop wasn't connected to the network so it could be that they sync in all details come end of day.

yesterday evening had to scan 2 times before gates open. first tap phone registered the entry but gate screen flash red. 2nd tap is almost instantaneous.

Alright! I will monitor. Thanks for sharing your experience.

cheng34

Reaction score
Was looking forward to using that Samsung Pay transport card function.

Let's wait and see how they reply on this.
Nope not able to. Have brought this up directly to Samsung for advice. Still waiting for the team to get back to me..

Otherwise, manual activation of Samsung pay works well for me. Seldom get error already using phone, using watch will still get error sometimes..

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Registered at city hall this afternoon 4pm (met a couple bros there)

Worked when I tap in mrt at 6pm. My station has the "newer" gantry so I thought why not try.
Tap out boon Keng no issues.
Went dhoby for dinner also no issues.

COME BACK tap out mrt no problem.
Transfer to bus GG gone case.

So if your trips are purely mrt, go ahead and try. But I wasted money today playing around because I boarded the bus with my Ez link card.

ksksksks

Reaction score
Went down to register at Buona Vista.
The staff there couldn’t register me as they were having problems getting the NFC.
Then I remember a bro here who said that NFC is located at the TOP portion of the phone. Scan it at 45 degree pointing towards the NFC reader and it works

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Facing very consistent failure from readers on buses (be it the unit near the driver’s console/away). Also experiencing significant lag when tapping at MRT gantries. So am probably gonna switch back to physical card.

The strange thing is that it was working reliably for me at the same bus services & train lines for a good few days. It’s like the readers collectively receive new firmware/bulk data to validate my card & hence failing...

Dingding6

Reaction score
Facing very consistent failure from readers on buses (be it the unit near the driver’s console/away). Also experiencing significant lag when tapping at MRT gantries. So am probably gonna switch back to physical card.

The strange thing is that it was working reliably for me at the same bus services & train lines for a good few days. It’s like the readers collectively receive new firmware/bulk data to validate my card & hence failing...

your consistent failure is watch or phone

same happen to me...it was working quite smooth for few days then havoc thereafter....no matter what kind of position i change, lag or multiple tap to succeed.

Last edited:

xaHshenGx

Reaction score
Do I have to activate my card at the GTM first before I register my Apple device at Transitlink Office?

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
your consistent failure is watch or phone

same happen to me...it was working quite smooth for few days then havoc thereafter....no matter what kind of position i change, lag or multiple tap to succeed.

Phone. I don’t have an Apple Watch.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't know about iPhone, but I have been using s9+ on transit nowadays and all work just fine. Maybe my s9+ has a larger nfc surface area than iPhone and thus able to be compatible with the current readers.

I honestly think the current readers are not optimised for watches and iPhone cos both have similar surface area of nfc field. Hopefully can overcome by firmware limitation.

But if the failure is due to user problem, then firmware cannot help le..

Phone. I don’t have an Apple Watch.

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't know about iPhone, but I have been using s9+ on transit nowadays and all work just fine. Maybe my s9+ has a larger nfc surface area than iPhone and thus able to be compatible with the current readers.

I honestly think the current readers are not optimised for watches and iPhone cos both have similar surface area of nfc field. Hopefully can overcome by firmware limitation.

But if the failure is due to user problem, then firmware cannot help le..

NFC is one chip size no? Correct me if I am wrong

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Siao liao...today I reverted to using physical card at bus & MRT readers...dunno whether psychological or what, there is lag in reading my real card as well. & furthermore I’m the sort that takes out the actual card from wallet & ensure the card is in full physical contact with the reader.

I’m now suspecting along the chain of detection, reading & validation, some new data component has been introduced that dramatically extends the process, be it physical or virtual card.

Dingding6

Reaction score
Siao liao...today I reverted to using physical card at bus & MRT readers...dunno whether psychological or what, there is lag in reading my real card as well. & furthermore I’m the sort that takes out the actual card from wallet & ensure the card is in full physical contact with the reader.

I’m now suspecting along the chain of detection, reading & validation, some new data component has been introduced that dramatically extends the process, be it physical or virtual card.

You are using abt MasterCard? Maybe apply only to abt....I see people tap ezlink still smooth

How long is your lag? 2s++

Last edited:

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the casing of the phone plays a part with being detected on the reader.

Previously I was using synthesis case, no issue. Then I changed to solidsuit and had difficulties getting a read. Today changed back to Synthesis and the same bus reader can detect my phone almost instantly.

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Registered at city hall this afternoon 4pm (met a couple bros there)

Worked when I tap in mrt at 6pm. My station has the "newer" gantry so I thought why not try.
Tap out boon Keng no issues.
Went dhoby for dinner also no issues.

COME BACK tap out mrt no problem.
Transfer to bus GG gone case.

So if your trips are purely mrt, go ahead and try. But I wasted money today playing around because I boarded the bus with my Ez link card.

i was there around 6ish.
the scanning was quite fast on the nfc reader during registration.
they sort of know the nfc location of iphone X and adjusted the top of my phone to the middle of the reader. i hear few successive beeps and the green light came on.

Then i went on to register my apple watch. i just lean it on the reader without touching it and could also hear the successive beeps and green light.

i did not try after that cos they told me need to wait 7 days

hahahaha

EroNasubi

Reaction score
I registered mine on Monday evening after work. I ignore the waiting for 7 working days part, and have been trying to use my iphone ever since.
It is working since yesterday for both train and feeder bus, albeit a bit slower than physical card. Need to wait 2 - 3 seconds longer.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.