Europe trip ideas?

sharonsfr

Reaction score
Europe trip (Spain, Germany, Austria, Netherlands)

I'm planning to go for F&E Europe trip this December.
Went to Milan & Switzerland last year and wanted to go back Europe again, trip likely to be 2 weeks.

Any suggestion & recommendations on my below draft itinerary:
1. Spain -> Germany -> UK ; or
2. Spain -> Italy -> Germany ; or
3. Spain -> Austria -> Germany ; or
4. Spain -> Germany -> Netherlands

Spain
1. Barcelona
2. Madrid
3. Valencia

Germany
1. Berlin
2. Munich

Netherlands
1. Amsterdam

Austria
1. Vienna
2. Salzburg

Thank you.

Last edited:

SniperMarksman

Reaction score
Given you are going Barcelona etc, why not consider France as well? there's a direct train from Barcelona to Lyon I think as well as further on to the Cote D'Azur :o

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone enlighten me? Why do people like to go so many places in such a short period? 2 weeks I'll stick with one country, the most 2.

14 days, take away the flights, left about 12 days. with 5 to 6 cities and travel in between, it leaves only at most 2 days in each city.

Papermate

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone enlighten me? Why do people like to go so many places in such a short period? 2 weeks I'll stick with one country, the most 2.

14 days, take away the flights, left about 12 days. with 5 to 6 cities and travel in between, it leaves only at most 2 days in each city.
This is how travel agencies also arrange it. It can be as long as a 15 day tour, covering several cities in several countries.

I guess it's the cost of the air ticket, and people wanting value for money.

I travelled around Italy free and easy in 14 days, visiting the main cities in the south and north, and some lesser known ones, and I still didn't get enough of the country. How much time could I really spend in Rome, Milan, Venice, Florence, Ancona, Lecce, Bridinsi, Naples?

It was more like touch and go, and a good getaway which I enjoyed anyway. But to do more than one country would be tough. I can only "remember" so much from my reading and whatever I learned from Lonely Planet and Tripadvisor...

Papermate

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to go for F&E Europe trip this December.
Went to Milan & Switzerland last year and wanted to go back Europe again, trip likely to be 2 weeks.

Any suggestion & recommendations on my below draft itinerary:
1. Spain -> Germany -> UK ; or
2. Spain -> Italy -> Germany ; or
3. Spain -> Austria -> Germany ; or
4. Spain -> Germany -> Netherlands

Spain
1. Barcelona
2. Madrid
3. Valencia

Germany
1. Berlin
2. Munich

Netherlands
1. Amsterdam

Austria
1. Vienna
2. Salzburg

Thank you.
Hmmm....seems like you've been bitten by the travel bug.

I like your guts to travel free and easy. Many people are scared. :D

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score
I think try to stick to two countries at a go at most. Countries like Italy, France, UK or Spain have various regions which are worth visiting outside of the major cities. Spain's southern Andalucia region with cities like Granada, Cordoba, Seville and Toledo are worth visiting for a different flavour of the country. In the UK, travel up to the Highlands, Scotland or cross over to Ireland and the experience is different too.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is how travel agencies also arrange it. It can be as long as a 15 day tour, covering several cities in several countries.

I guess it's the cost of the air ticket, and people wanting value for money.

how is a touch and go experience value for money? you don't see as much and you have to spend more money and time to go back to the same place to see the rest of the 'attractions'. might as well just fully explore and experience a city and probably not having to go back again just becos you haven't seen or done something in that city.

I tend to always go back to the same city where I really like cos there's always new things to see and do.

sharonsfr

Reaction score
[YOUTUBE-HD][/YOUTUBE-HD]
Given you are going Barcelona etc, why not consider France as well? there's a direct train from Barcelona to Lyon I think as well as further on to the Cote D'Azur :o

I went to France 2 years back but only stays in Paris. Not sure which part of France to go. Can consider thou.

sharonsfr

Reaction score

Haha what you said is true but like Papermate says, it'll make the trip worth when visiting so many countries. But of coz this is only a rough idea for my planning. I'll always revised and end up only visiting max 2 countries.

sharonsfr

Reaction score
Hmmm....seems like you've been bitten by the travel bug.

I like your guts to travel free and easy. Many people are scared. :D

LOL!! Why scared f&e. I think the only scariest part is planning. But will feel accomplished after execution of the plan.

SniperMarksman

Reaction score

I went to France 2 years back but only stays in Paris. Not sure which part of France to go. Can consider thou.

If you like hiking, Marseille has some really beautiful ones (google Calanques)

If not Lyon, is the gastronomic capital of France. The Cote D'Azur is beautiful too (Nice (the city), that stretch)

but you don't have to, just suggesting since it's linked by a direct high speed train (though even then it takes quite a while to travel)

GenuineSeller

Reaction score

1 month is not enough to cover France...... so no need to go 2 countries.

You can go to Hon Fleur, Mont Saint Michel, Saint Malo.. these are more towards the North... and i like them very much.

Or as some have suggested... South of France... Nice, Monaco (if you want to say you have visited 2 countries haha, Monaco is a country by itself)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.