Xiaomi Mi 5!

antonius69

Reaction score
Does the Google camera have the Portrait mode feature?

Right now, I use the tilt-shift to get subject-focus but it looks manipulated.

carboy00

Reaction score
Performance and battery life improvement for the new MIUI update.

Felt like ever since the 9.2.1 update, battery life hasn't been good, standby battery usage is still quite high. Thought this new update will solve it but doesn't seem to be the case. Performance wise still okay.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 5 using GAGT

Elvin_Chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Felt like ever since the 9.2.1 update, battery life hasn't been good, standby battery usage is still quite high. Thought this new update will solve it but doesn't seem to be the case. Performance wise still okay.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 5 using GAGT

You can use Accubattery in Playstore to gauge the current battery capacity. Mine original battery is currently at 73% of original capacity after using it for 2 years. Can get a battery replacement of your battery is not that good already.

hazardhut

Reaction score

carboy00

Reaction score
Any Mi 5 users on MIUI Global Stable ROM faced this issue where let's say in the morning you just got up and used the phone, turned on Wi-Fi or mobile data and the moment notifications come in, battery percentage drops by 2% instantly? I have been noticing this issue with the few recent Global Stable builds and it's really getting quite annoying. Did factory reset and problem still there. Battery drain on standby also quite significant now. Or could it be a sign that battery needs replacement? :mad:

eawtan

Reaction score
Any Mi 5 users on MIUI Global Stable ROM faced this issue where let's say in the morning you just got up and used the phone, turned on Wi-Fi or mobile data and the moment notifications come in, battery percentage drops by 2% instantly? I have been noticing this issue with the few recent Global Stable builds and it's really getting quite annoying. Did factory reset and problem still there. Battery drain on standby also quite significant now. Or could it be a sign that battery needs replacement? :mad:

Yes I had the issue, my 2-year old battery didn't have much life left.
I used an app - accubattery to monitor battery drain. After 2 weeks of monitoring, I decided to replace the battery.

Last edited:

carboy00

Reaction score
I used an app - accubattery to monitor battery drain. After 2 weeks of monitoring, I decided to replace the battery.

Was the issue solved with the new battery? Where did you get the battery replaced?

Sent from LG G3 using GAGT

eawtan

Reaction score
Was the issue solved with the new battery? Where did you get the battery replaced?

Sent from LG G3 using GAGT

Yes issue is solved with new battery. I bought the battery online and DIY , it is quite simple once u have done it once.

carboy00

Reaction score

Another question, does your Mi 5 get very warm at the top rear near the camera area during use? Mine gets really warm in that area during use (I don't game on the phone). Can't pinpoint what's wrong and this heating definitely contributed to the battery drain as well.

Sent from Xiaomi using GAGT

eawtan

Reaction score
Another question, does your Mi 5 get very warm at the top rear near the camera area during use? Mine gets really warm in that area during use (I don't game on the phone). Can't pinpoint what's wrong and this heating definitely contributed to the battery drain as well.

Sent from Xiaomi using GAGT

Yes it gets warm during gaming/gps .. normal use does not heat up ...

carboy00

Reaction score
New update pushed out OTA. V9.5.3.0.NAAMIFA.
Managed to get mine running though many reported phone going into bootloop while trying to update to this. Updated to May security patch. Not much changes visually, hope battery optimisation is improved here.

BusteR

Reaction score
i have a old note3 kenzo, only used for like 2 months before i abandon and used my wife xperia z3 due to not used to 5.5" and i like xperia sony firmware.

after so many months, more > 1 year, the z3 like getting old. was thinking to return back to note 3 (either miui or go xda custom rom) or buy a Mi 5 (either new or 2nd hand)

is it worth Mi 5 or I should try return to my note 3 ??

non-gamer, only surf net, online shopping apps, listen music.

carboy00

Reaction score
i have a old note3 kenzo, only used for like 2 months before i abandon and used my wife xperia z3 due to not used to 5.5" and i like xperia sony firmware.

after so many months, more > 1 year, the z3 like getting old. was thinking to return back to note 3 (either miui or go xda custom rom) or buy a Mi 5 (either new or 2nd hand)

is it worth Mi 5 or I should try return to my note 3 ??

non-gamer, only surf net, online shopping apps, listen music.

I think you should try to load a custom ROM on the Redmi Note 3 and see how it fares, MIUI on RMN3 is usable just that it is on very old Android 6.0 Marshmallow backbone.

I am using a Mi 5 now and at least on stock MIUI ROM, experience is getting poorer after each update in terms of battery life and day-to-day performance, so personally I wouldn't suggest you getting a Mi 5 at this point. Maybe such issues will be ironed out by MIUI 10 update but I am not having high hopes on that.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.