 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Boner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i registered my apple watch, iphone and note 8 at tampines last evening.
will try it out later.
have to say note 8 is harder to detect on the nfc reader at the transitlink office(need to try 2 times, 3rd times ok. maybe i didnt get the location right first two times). apple products are a breeze, one try!

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are using abt MasterCard? Maybe apply only to abt....I see people tap ezlink still smooth

How long is your lag? 2s++

Yes, you’re right: I’m using back the same MasterCard that I’d registered for ABT. Its CEPAS function is already nullified.

matthew5025

Reaction score
Yes, you’re right: I’m using back the same MasterCard that I’d registered for ABT. Its CEPAS function is already nullified.

Is that card a cepas + mastercard card? Even if you enable ABT for that card, it'll still be slower as the reader will always read the CEPAS wallet, notice its set for ABT and than try again, selecting the EMV application this time.

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was there around 6ish.
the scanning was quite fast on the nfc reader during registration.
they sort of know the nfc location of iphone X and adjusted the top of my phone to the middle of the reader. i hear few successive beeps and the green light came on.

Then i went on to register my apple watch. i just lean it on the reader without touching it and could also hear the successive beeps and green light.

i did not try after that cos they told me need to wait 7 days

hahahaha

Yolo, don't be a conformist. LOL

thiamhui

Reaction score
Have been following this thread for the past 2 weeks, thanks to all for the info sharing.

I activate my iPhone last Friday at Tampines, just had my first trial today on bus. Boarding was smooth, but got to scan twice when alighting. Guess need to use more to find out the sweet spot... =:p

chris888222

Reaction score
Tried transit on Apple Pay with my iPhone X but not without hiccups,

1st on a bus, when the exit reader doesn't show bank card usage but the phone shows done. Had to repeat the process to get the exit reader to work.

2nd time was awkward, the reader simply refused to read the card and the phone showed "payment unsuccessful" or something like that.

Both buses were operated by SBS transit.

In addition, it seems like the bus fare readers takes quite a while to recognise the transaction. Relatively better on trains but buses seem to be problematic. Waited for 7 days before testing.

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Bus really beh zai. Hit and miss. Entrance was ok. When i exited, 1st tap error, 2nd tap no response but phone shows done. 3rd tap error again. So has the payment gone thru ?

Last edited:

Slavor

Reaction score
Remember to claim on ABT portal if you miss your exit. I filed two claims so far...

Bus really beh zai. Hit and miss. Entrance was ok. When i exited, 1st tap error, 2nd tap no response but phone shows done. 3rd tap error again. So has the payment gone thru ?

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Decided to YOLO again today.

Also because no one else was hoarding the bus.

Tapped my pixel 2 registered just yesterday and succeeded.
Tap out also no problems.

I guess 7 days is truly playing it safe. Hahaha.
The bus tapping machine did look 'newer' though. Not sure how to explain it. When I saw it, i just felt like trying. LOL.

Dingding6

Reaction score
just sharing some of my experience.....

if you ever encounter no respond when tapping, card error very high chances the reader not able to read your phone/wearable nfc properly, either you pull out too fast before the reader can finish read....your device is too far/close .....you beam at the wrong spot, their nfc receiver coil is not very wide??......

conclusion is, it will show you something, wont be no respond.....even if your card is not fully/not registered....it will show you Bank card not supported.....yes, even show up in Bus card reader (my little mistake of using wrong card), not the MRT topup machine only...

PetPet

Reaction score
If there's contact with the reader but there's no response on the reader
Your  Pay will say that there's an error, telling you try again later.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
just sharing some of my experience.....

if you ever encounter no respond when tapping, card error very high chances the reader not able to read your phone/wearable nfc properly, either you pull out too fast before the reader can finish read....your device is too far/close .....you beam at the wrong spot, their nfc receiver coil is not very wide??......

conclusion is, it will show you something, wont be no respond.....even if your card is not fully/not registered....it will show you Bank card not supported.....yes, even show up in Bus card reader (my little mistake of using wrong card), not the MRT topup machine only...

Correct, there is a gap you need to maintain for Apple devices roughly 2-4 cm away from the reader. The top of the device for iPhones and the Watch at the sides. You cannot full contact the watch glass or iPhone against the reader it seems to not work properly.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct, there is a gap you need to maintain for Apple devices roughly 2-4 cm away from the reader. The top of the device for iPhones and the Watch at the sides. You cannot full contact the watch glass or iPhone against the reader it seems to not work properly.

yeah central touch to the reader doesn't help. if user decides to continue to kiss the reader, kiss the sides of the reader where the antenna of the reader is, centre part is hollow..

Dingding6

Reaction score
yeah central touch to the reader doesn't help. if user decides to continue to kiss the reader, kiss the sides of the reader where the antenna of the reader is, centre part is hollow..

does this apply to both train and bus??

i seems still have issue with train....bus on the reader side seems able to tap at a much faster rate....and higher success rate.....still have some payment completed but no respond.....especially when i am right hand wearer then exit on left reader.............need to try longer to know......

haiz...if only they make their reader like the topup machine in MRT....i float high in air also they can read....

Slavor

Reaction score
Haha the opposite is for me, train is okay but bus is very problematic...

does this apply to both train and bus??

i seems still have issue with train....bus on the reader side seems able to tap at a much faster rate....and higher success rate.....still have some payment completed but no respond.....especially when i am right hand wearer then exit on left reader.............need to try longer to know......

haiz...if only they make their reader like the topup machine in MRT....i float high in air also they can read....

alvino

Reaction score
I think antenna for apple watch is also at the top part just like iPhone. According to ifixit

GC80ZXw_d.jpg

SNAG

Master Member
Reaction score
This is turning out to be a very irreliable service. Even upon Day 7 it’s still hit and miss, not because the card can’t be detected, but it gives a card error. And this experience varies by reader to reader.

You probably need to wait for more than 7 days for your card to be registered across the transport network.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.