 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it really registration problem or the reader problem ?

This is turning out to be a very irreliable service. Even upon Day 7 it’s still hit and miss, not because the card can’t be detected, but it gives a card error. And this experience varies by reader to reader.

You probably need to wait for more than 7 days for your card to be registered across the transport network.

SNAG

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it really registration problem or the reader problem ?

More of registration problem. I get an outright error message on one MRT gantry, but it's OK on another gantry.

BTW has anyone registered the same Mastercard using 2 devices (i.e. an iPhone and Apple Watch)? My iPhone works but not my AW. Tapping my AW at the GTM shows bank card not supported. Both devices were registered on the same day.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Don't know about iPhone, but I have been using s9+ on transit nowadays and all work just fine. Maybe my s9+ has a larger nfc surface area than iPhone and thus able to be compatible with the current readers.

I honestly think the current readers are not optimised for watches and iPhone cos both have similar surface area of nfc field. Hopefully can overcome by firmware limitation.

But if the failure is due to user problem, then firmware cannot help le..

how do u tap your s9+? tap the back cover with a gap?

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Siao liao...today I reverted to using physical card at bus & MRT readers...dunno whether psychological or what, there is lag in reading my real card as well. & furthermore I’m the sort that takes out the actual card from wallet & ensure the card is in full physical contact with the reader.

I’m now suspecting along the chain of detection, reading & validation, some new data component has been introduced that dramatically extends the process, be it physical or virtual card.

i put the mastercard physical card in wallet, the tapping time is around 0.5-1.0 second. using flashpay/ezlink standalone card (not bank card) the tap is 0 sec immediate.
using apple watch... 2 secs or 3 secs.

PetPet

Reaction score
This is turning out to be a very irreliable service. Even upon Day 7 it’s still hit and miss, not because the card can’t be detected, but it gives a card error. And this experience varies by reader to reader.

You probably need to wait for more than 7 days for your card to be registered across the transport network.

Bear in mind, this is a trial for a reason. So there’ll always be rough edges!

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is turning out to be a very irreliable service. Even upon Day 7 it’s still hit and miss, not because the card can’t be detected, but it gives a card error. And this experience varies by reader to reader...

I tried to give it a second chance today and encountered unrecoverable failure at Pioneer MRT exit gantry today. Even bringing the phone to the station control can't help; in fact, the station control says their reader can't detect my entrance at the other MRT station which I entered from (which I'm pretty sure I entered successfully, because ever since my issue a few days back, I have been extra careful to ensure I dun accidentally enter due to tailgating).

So I guess, the trial ended prematurely for me :(

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiyor gg
No way to fix ? Delete & add again .?

I tried to give it a second chance today and encountered unrecoverable failure at Pioneer MRT exit gantry today. Even bringing the phone to the station control can't help; in fact, the station control says their reader can't detect my entrance at the other MRT station which I entered from (which I'm pretty sure I entered successfully, because ever since my issue a few days back, I have been extra careful to ensure I dun accidentally enter due to tailgating).

So I guess, the trial ended prematurely for me :(

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiyor gg
No way to fix ? Delete & add again .?

Actually I can’t be bothered any more. Now my immediate issue is wondering if the readers will somehow be upgraded in firmware to parse my physical MasterCard faster.

The phone one, cannot work cannot work 咯.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had used the physical mastercard and scanning works just fine. As fast as ezlink, maybe your card itself got some issue that's why slower?

The mobile wallet for transit indeed less reliable therefore it's on trial..

Actually I can’t be bothered any more. Now my immediate issue is wondering if the readers will somehow be upgraded in firmware to parse my physical MasterCard faster.

The phone one, cannot work cannot work 咯.

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
using OCBC TR with Pixel 2XL and Samsung Gear S3
both are working well so far

only complaint is the speed - wish it's a little faster

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
The speed is key.... i have no confidence in the mobile reader for the buses. If cannot read then gg, not only the passengers waiting for u, the bus driver also waiting for you. If you are the only one alighting.... gg

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Activated both watch and phone on the same day. Today tried it out in MRT. Phone is ok but watch still fails. Hmmmm

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Dingding6

Reaction score
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.