 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Dingding6

Reaction score
Phone. 2 sides of the bus reader also no response. I think this has to do with the backend network..

CEPAS-ExitReader-300x200.jpg

your phone middle as the reference point, when you do side.....the side "Inside of the Card shape"

or "outside of the Card Shape" dark green area????....

i really have better (Watch) success rate tapping the side, but still 1 of the left exit reader always give me trouble, need to hover 1 round the side then only success

Last edited:

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same thing I encountered yesterday while alighting. Reader just no response no matter what I do. Then subsequent commuters tap out also error each time until several tries later. Mine still error so I gave up. Reported claim this morning. Lol.

my watch responded and shows "DONE" but the reader gate shows Failed
so i took out my card and scan, don't wanna hold up the line.

When i exit, i waited for all crowd to leave and try tapping the watch.
Again the watch responded and show "DONE" but reader shows Failed

So LL, i tap my card and went off

not sure if its the watch placement, i wore it purposely on my right wrist to try on this. I tap on the whole watch surface on the reader, top side of the watch, angled the watch, all cannot.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

not sure if its the watch placement, i wore it purposely on my right wrist to try on this. I tap on the whole watch surface on the reader, top side of the watch, angled the watch, all cannot.

You do know that your card and your watch are considered separate cards right? You cannot tap in with a watch and exit with a card and vice versa.

I use phone better, higher success rate. Hahas!

Dingding6

Reaction score

the problem with watch is it is small....so your nfc signal range smaller compare to phone.....

it is slow if you aim at the wrong position, so when you are impatient, you move around......the reader haven't finish reading your card info you move away......hence thats why you get failed easily

lexmarq

Reaction score
Just sharing my experience today. Managed to take 3 buses (transfer) in a row without any issue. My iPhone was recognized by the reader, though it took around 1 second.

Like one of the previous posters said, I left a gap of around 1-2cm between the back part of the phone and the reader, and it worked.

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You do know that your card and your watch are considered separate cards right? You cannot tap in with a watch and exit with a card and vice versa.

I use phone better, higher success rate. Hahas!

yes i know.
since the watch fail, i don't want to continue scanning the watch
so i use the card

i do agree the phone has higher success rate

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the problem with watch is it is small....so your nfc signal range smaller compare to phone.....

it is slow if you aim at the wrong position, so when you are impatient, you move around......the reader haven't finish reading your card info you move away......hence thats why you get failed easily

hmmm ok. probably alittle impatient and also worried of holding the line or someone standing behind giving you death stares. haha

will try again during non-peak holding the watch on a single position

Dingding6

Reaction score
hmmm ok. probably alittle impatient and also worried of holding the line or someone standing behind giving you death stares. haha

will try again during non-peak holding the watch on a single position

One thing I noticed is that..... If you tap at the wrong place, or not optimal place...... The reading tends to take some time.....

I think I almost got the sweet spot for bus using watch.... Tap less than 1s....I think...... Need more trip to try all the 4 reader to make sure it's not angle issue

My suggestion if you want to try..... You can slide your watch across the overall reader slowly to find the spot

Train on other hand still struggling:look:

Last edited:

Scuderia

Master Member
Reaction score
The problem is sometime after scanning with no response from reader, iOS will exit the Apple Wallet. Yesterday alighting from bus very paiseh jam up the exit. Imagine have to press power switch, double click home button to activate wallet, finger print, hold near reader again, with everyone glaring at me.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
I had used the physical mastercard and scanning works just fine. As fast as ezlink, maybe your card itself got some issue that's why slower?

"as fast as ezlink" means 0 sec or around half a sec? for me i can feel the diff between ezlink and physical mastercard processing time.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
The problem is sometime after scanning with no response from reader, iOS will exit the Apple Wallet. Yesterday alighting from bus very paiseh jam up the exit. Imagine have to press power switch, double click home button to activate wallet, finger print, hold near reader again, with everyone glaring at me.

u can register ur left/right fingers that u used to double click home button as Touch ID (eg. left thumb).
then just 1 step: use your left thumb to double click home button, tap phone.
another method also 1 step: make sure your screen is off, put your thumb on the touch id, tap your phone like a card/remote control. (phone and wallet will auto wake up, but need 1 sec longer).

Dingding6

Reaction score

Most of the time I managed to tap within the given time before need to reload the mobile wallet.

The only time I need to reload is when the device says payment complete but no response on the reader..... If that is the case, I just move back to the line or to the side to reload..... Let the queue do their tap.... Then I go in again....

Slavor

Reaction score
I'm supposed to take Bus-MRT-Bus to go home today, but halfway on my bus ride my apple watch battery informed me I got 10% left 😂 switch to iPhone at the MRT stage but will need to pay a bit extra because of no transfer. Maybe I shouldn't use my apple watch series 0 after going for a run as the battery isn't too good now...

Dingding6

Reaction score
I'm supposed to take Bus-MRT-Bus to go home today, but halfway on my bus ride my apple watch battery informed me I got 10% left 😂 switch to iPhone at the MRT stage but will need to pay a bit extra because of no transfer. Maybe I shouldn't use my apple watch series 0 after going for a run as the battery isn't too good now...

10% still alot battery to last until reach your home.......

Slavor

Reaction score
Don't wanna chance it eh. My trips will take at least another 1 hour and to be honest I don't have faith my series 0 can last that long. Recently my battery a bit weak already...

10% still alot battery to last until reach your home.......

SNAG

Master Member
Reaction score
For AW users, what's your best practice? By practicing the taps at the GTMs, I find that I need to make physical contact between the watch and the reader.

Tried with my Watch at the MRT gantry, I still get the occasional "no response" issue. Gave up yet again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.