[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
I read as 沖繩麻疹。
Need read up for more info.
Measles in Taiwan about 20+ cases as of now.

Bunk bed range 700-800?
Single room about 1.1k, got own toilet etc.
bunk bed about 670 twd, single room 1400 twd

If u scared, can go get vaccinated lor

yeah its either vaccination or not going at all, see how is the situation there first.

Taiwan room rates quite cheap.
Suggest u get single room.

Less disturbances = quality sleep = energetic for the tour trip.

\o/ \o/ \o/

yeah agree. most for the reason dun wan to kena Measles by prolong contact with anyone.

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Measles in Taiwan about 20+ cases as of now.

bunk bed about 670 twd, single room 1400 twd

yeah its either vaccination or not going at all, see how is the situation there first.

yeah agree. most for the reason dun wan to kena Measles by prolong contact with anyone.

1400NTD for a single room is considered cheap.
Find further can get cheaper.
If afraid of the sickness, can always defer. But then airline may not allow unless it is declared not safe by our MOH.

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
1400NTD for a single room is considered cheap.
Find further can get cheaper.
If afraid of the sickness, can always defer. But then airline may not allow unless it is declared not safe by our MOH.

Oh deferment, thats a good idea i shall try calling them, thanks a lot!

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i rmb childhood immunisation got 2 doses of MMR leh

so i not sure how long it can lasts? is it lifetime?

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
An outbreak of measles in Japan and Taiwan has put thousands of people in quarantine and forced tourists to put off visits to southern Japan, media reports said.

More than 3,500 people in the southern Taiwanese city of Kaohsiung have been quarantined and are being monitored by the island's health authorities after coming into contact with infected crew of budget carrier Tigerair Taiwan, Taiwanese media reported.

Another 980 in Taipei are being monitored following an outbreak at a major hospital.

The outbreak has been traced back to a 30-year-old male flight attendant with Tigerair Taiwan. He caught the highly contagious disease in Thailand in March and was confirmed to be infected on March 29.

But by then he had infected two other cabin crew during a Tigerair Taiwan flight to Japan.

The two - a 34-year-old man and a 28-year-old woman - continued working until they fell seriously ill and were diagnosed with measles in early April.

So far, at least 22 people in Taiwan have been confirmed to have the highly contagious disease, which causes high fever and rashes.

It can be fatal for infants and toddlers, and may result in miscarriage.

The disease has since spread to Okinawa, Japan's southernmost prefecture which is a popular tourism destination among Taiwanese, and appeared to be heading north, with cases confirmed in Nagoya.

Reports citing the Okinawa Prefectural Government said a Taiwanese traveller in his 30s had brought measles to the prefecture last month.

As of April 20, a total of 67 patients were confirmed to have contracted the disease. reported Japanese media. They included people who came in contact with the tourist, as well as their family members and colleagues.

Some schools in Okinawa have cancelled classes.

The outbreak couldn't have happened at a worse time for local tourism: More than 170 people have cancelled trips to Okinawa ahead of the spring holiday season, public broadcaster NHK reported.

The prefectural government is receiving about 30 inquiries a day from people and travel agencies about where infections are rampant and how to protect against the virus, it added. The government plans to hold an emergency meeting of all its division chiefs on Monday, NHK said.

The disease has been detected in the central city of Nagoya, where a resident who had visited Okinawa was diagnosed on April 11. A nurse at a local hospital was confirmed to be infected 10 days later.

Japan's Health Ministry is urging the public to get vaccinated ahead of the country's Golden Week travel peak next week.

In Hong Kong, the government’s Centre for Health Protection said it was closely monitoring the situation, South China Morning Post reported. It urged travellers to remain vigilant, reiterating that vaccination was the most effective way of preventing the disease, which has a 21-day incubation period.

Measles outbreak in Japan, Taiwan puts thousands in quarantine, delays travel plans

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
i rmb childhood immunisation got 2 doses of MMR leh

so i not sure how long it can lasts? is it lifetime?

Hmm, the protection for 2 doses is 95-97% if im not wrong, you may google. However, if given a choice and im still in SG, im not going, cos its highly infectious and i may bring the infection home if im unlucky. I already paid up $400, i will drop the whole trip if things dont get better.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, the protection for 2 doses is 95-97% if im not wrong, you may google. However, if given a choice and im still in SG, im not going, cos its highly infectious and i may bring the infection home if im unlucky. I already paid up $400, i will drop the whole trip if things dont get better.

Go for a booster shot.

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hope the weather in May would be cooling and not hot like Sg!

just returned from kaoshiun, tainan
Weather extremely hot like summer. kanna sun burnt. :(

but saw the taiwan weather news.
early week of May....hav raining days...so temp. will cool down. :s12:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just returned from kaoshiun, tainan
Weather extremely hot like summer. kanna sun burnt. :(

but saw the taiwan weather news.
early week of May....hav raining days...so temp. will cool down. :s12:

Temp will not be really cool down.
It will be hot and humid.
Can be rather bad.

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A lot of those ppl working in the aviation industry all going for vaccination

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TAIPEI: Taiwan and Japan authorities have urged locals and tourists to take added precautions following an outbreak of measles.

The outbreak has been traced to a 30-year-old male flight attendant with Tigerair Taiwan, according to local reports.

Taiwan’s Centers for Disease Control (CDC) said in a press release on Mar 29 that he visited Thailand in early March before flying to the island of Okinawa in Japan where he was diagnosed and hospitalised.

The CDC said at least 22 Taiwanese have been tested positive for the highly infectious virus - the island’s highest number in nine years. Seven people contracted the disease abroad and 15 contracted it domestically, Taipei Times said.

More than 3,500 people in Kaohsiung city of southern Taiwan have been quarantined and another 980 people in Taipei are being monitored, following an outbreak at a major Hospital in New Taipei City.

The hospital declined to reveal the source of the outbreak, except to say that the first patient came from overseas.

Taipei Times also reported that Tigerair Taiwan has been slapped with a fine for allowing flight attendants to report for work despite them exhibiting symptoms of measles. The low-cost carrier faces a fine of between NT$60,000 and NT$300,000 (US$2,025 and US$10,130).

A flight steward and a stewardess in her 20s will also be fined for travelling after the onset of symptoms.

JAPAN URGES VACCINATIONS

In Japan, authorities have urged the public to be “fully vaccinated” against measles, following the outbreak in Okinawa and several cases in Nagoya.

As of Apr 20, 67 patients were confirmed to have been infected.

The Asahi Shimbun reported on Sunday that the National Institute of Infectious Diseases (NIID) has voiced concern that those travelling in Japan or abroad could be exposed to the disease during Golden Week from Apr 28 to May 6, one of the country’s busiest holiday seasons.

Researcher Keiko Taya was quoted as saying that there was a “possibility that the disease will spread due to the consecutive holidays”.

According to Singapore’s Ministry of Health (MOH), vaccination is the best way to prevent measles. The symptoms of measles generally surface one to two weeks after a person has been infected. Common symptoms include fever, cough, a runny nose, a skin rash as well as red and watery eyes.

MOH added that measles is spread by contact with an infected person through coughing and sneezing.

Taiwan and Japan on alert following measles outbreak

the two cabin crews suay, need kena fined

but cabin crew very hard to take mc cuz will affect their appraisal
even flu still need to go work

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why kena fined?
Their union powerful one, u think like ours ah.
Day off u can go anywhere, not as if confined to home.
fined for travelling to work despise having been infected

union strong no use, the company will use whatever methods to make u quit after the incident

hearsay only from my friend

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fined for travelling to work despise having been infected
union strong no use, the company will use whatever methods to make u quit after the incident
hearsay only from my friend

Infected still go work then llst lor.
If dun know infection go work, then is another thing.

“Taipei Times also reported that Tigerair Taiwan has been slapped with a fine for allowing flight attendants to report for work despite them exhibiting symptoms of measles. The low-cost carrier faces a fine of between NT$60,000 and NT$300,000 (US$2,025 and US$10,130).
A flight steward and a stewardess in her 20s will also be fined for travelling after the onset of symptoms.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/taiwan-and-japan-on-alert-following-measles-outbreak-10167902”

Last edited:

chemcutie

Reaction score
But the cabin crew is really 💩 la. So irresponsible.
Sian sia, Cos I gg japan I oso kena take vaccine lor.
Nagoya kena liao. Some more next week is golden week in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.