Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

wrinklednails

Reaction score
Haha I feel you bro. I might consider the Corno Blu if you or some other bro doesn't mind getting the black captoe haha.

Any pair of AMs you buy will allow you to get 50% off Corno Blus from Yeossal now. If you can't get it to work, just drop Yeossal an email (through their contact link on the website) and he can help you create the order.

I emailed Yeossal earlier in the morning and Jackson was quick to respond. Arranged to head down to their showroom earlier this evening to try for sizes. Scooped up both the AM double monks and Corno Blu Lyra while I was there.

The Corno Blu Lyra is patina-d and not museum calf, choosing my preferred patina was harder than charging the shoes to my credit card!

Last edited:

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Able to get 50% off corno without AM purchase huh?

Any pair of AMs you buy will allow you to get 50% off Corno Blus from Yeossal now. If you can't get it to work, just drop Yeossal an email (through their contact link on the website) and he can help you create the order.

I emailed Yeossal earlier in the morning and Jackson was quick to respond. Arranged to head down to their showroom earlier this evening to try for sizes. Scooped up both the AM double monks and Corno Blu Lyra while I was there.

The Corno Blu Lyra is patina-d and not museum calf, choosing my preferred patina was harder than charging the shoes to my credit card!

wiz

Reaction score
Good stuff, do post reviews with pictures. Keen to see how the Aries compared with the Lyra.

Landreth

Reaction score
Hi Guys. For purchases from Skoaktiebolaget, did you get charged GST if you request for regular postal service? Thinking of trying out their new Lof & Tung line...

wiz

Reaction score
Hi Guys. For purchases from Skoaktiebolaget, did you get charged GST if you request for regular postal service? Thinking of trying out their new Lof & Tung line...

not sure about regular postal but FedEx will definitely incur gst

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

$400 and above sgd (include shipping charges) means GST liable. Either they will forward u the charges or u shld highlight yourself..

I work in hk and ship it to hk so no such issue for me, but I rmb sg is cannot avoid one.

evangel21

Reaction score

Skoak offers free shipping for any order over 2000 SEK which is S$311 based on XE. Of course you will incur GST once above $400 unless you buy on sale (which I tend to and I go for free shipping since won't kana GST).
I know some of us go for the regular postal with a small fee charged. You have to be prepared that you may still incur GST even though I think it used to be a 90-95% chance of avoiding GST. But there is still a risk. YMMV.

Landreth

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Looks like it’s best to get a HK based friend to take delivery if I do go ahead.

Lexyyy

Reaction score
Loake capital: UK7
Meermin Hiro: UK7.5
Vass F last: EUR40
AE 5 last: US8E
Yanko 961 Last: UK6
Yanko 915 Last: UK7

Got my pair from Skolyx eventually as the promo code on patine.pl expired. First wear today even though I received the shoes awhile back. Slightly long but overall comfortable with minimal heel slip and most importantly no squashed toes :s12:

Let me know if anyone's keen to share the Yeossal promo (I get AM and we split discount).

QitKuoWl.jpg

Last edited:

thltetek

Reaction score
Loake capital: UK7
Meermin Hiro: UK7.5
Vass F last: EUR40
AE 5 last: US8E
Yanko 961 Last: UK6
Yanko 915 Last: UK7

Got my pair from Skolyx eventually as the promo code on patine.pl expired. First wear today even though I received the shoes awhile back. Slightly long but overall comfortable with minimal heel slip and most importantly no squashed toes :s12:

Let me know if anyone's keen to share the Yeossal promo (I get AM).

QitKuoWl.jpg

I'm highly considering this offer to share. Able to give me till Friday to get back to you?

lucied

Reaction score
Which cobbler can do heel/toe taps? Kips N Kwik doesn't provide that service. Preferably around Northeast area.

Last edited:

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im curious.. do you guys just wear shoes with leather soles as they are or do you usually get a vibram topy or something?

are leather soles just pure luxury? i find them slippery and fascinatingly impractical and un-durable in both singapore and hk, with concrete pavements and cobblestones all over

thltetek

Reaction score
im curious.. do you guys just wear shoes with leather soles as they are or do you usually get a vibram topy or something?

are leather soles just pure luxury? i find them slippery and fascinatingly impractical and un-durable in both singapore and hk, with concrete pavements and cobblestones all over

Definitely with topy for me. Sometimes even rubber soles are slippery, particularly during rainy days or smooth flooring.

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely with topy for me. Sometimes even rubber soles are slippery, particularly during rainy days or smooth flooring.

yeah.. there are some folks on the style and fashion forums that think topys are nuts... frankly, in our weather, it'd be nuts not to have rubber soles..

thltetek

Reaction score
yeah.. there are some folks on the style and fashion forums that think topys are nuts... frankly, in our weather, it'd be nuts not to have rubber soles..

Definitely. Soles are pleasant to look at when it arrives fresh out of the box before wearing. After that, don't think anyone will care or even look at it. Practicality > Looks / Style. Else risk the embarrassment when slipping while walking, or trying hard to walk carefully all the time.

your_face

Reaction score

where's the showroom? sent them a message on fb but no reply yet

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.