[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gonna be the such a well informed bad decision :s22:

There are all types of people in here.

Their money, their call. Just dn't come in here later like some bros here telling others the wd red faulty when they could have easily avoided it.

There are some classic in this thread if one toom the time to go through it. We recommend toshiba or hgst he insisted and go get wd red. Few months down the road ask for help again cause his data lost.

I don't know why one have to pay good money for a hdd that only removed certain features from a conventional hdd to make it "nas" and slow speed.

Diehard fans you can't change their thinking until they learn it the hard way

Last edited:

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2j13j2t.jpg

My previous 3TB toshiba drives before i sold it away. 24/7

mindgamey

Reaction score
I am not trying to confuse anyone. Reading the data hoarder subreddit where WD reds was almost religiously recommended. I was under the impression that people had problems with the WD reds HDDs specifically. I did not know it as a Synology problem.

I don't know what you search or how you search.

A simple 'Synology WD red' search will show reports of failure.

If you own a Synology, I recommend subscribing to reddit or this thread to track the issues.

Mr_YA_HA

Reaction score
anyone using the dns server package?

i set it up so that i can access my site using registerd domain within a local network. i have my router primary dns to my nas and secondary to google dns.

in synology dns, have forwarder setup.

everything works fine but there is a weird thing happening.

google playstore on my hp will get no internet connection. if i stop my dns, then things work well again.

accessing google and otger sites are fine. just playstore not working. is there any specific setting needed for google store?

any idea?

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm about to buy DS918+, and checking around, is $699 with 4GB DDR3 memory a good buy?

Any bro upgraded to 16GB?

ET_ETs

Reaction score
Try to buy this ram Crucial 8GB DDR3L 1866MHz SODIMM, SO-DIMM Memory for Mac Module CT8G3S186DM Cost SGD118.00 but if can get cheaper at lazada sale tomorrow well be Great :s22:

shin89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got the DS408 from Vijay yesterday.

Planning to run my NAS just for back up purposes, can I run it on RAID1 and only power on as and when I need it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.