[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo73

Reaction score
Try to buy this ram Crucial 8GB DDR3L 1866MHz SODIMM, SO-DIMM Memory for Mac Module CT8G3S186DM Cost SGD118.00 but if can get cheaper at lazada sale tomorrow well be Great :s22:

Hi is this RAM compatible for DS218+ too? the specs for DS218+/718+/918+ state that it can handle another 4GB only and not 8GB. Ps advise. tks

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Keep trying. I tried many times at 0955 and got the discount for my 218+. . Paid 378. Haven't factored in the 8% rebate from citibank.good deal

=:p

I always get the message that the coupon is fully redeemed, try many times got use?

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi is this RAM compatible for DS218+ too? the specs for DS218+/718+/918+ state that it can handle another 4GB only and not 8GB. Ps advise. tks

It's tried and tested that DS918+ supports 8GBx2.
Not sure for DS218+, but DS218+ uses Intel Celeron J3355 which supports 8GB x 2 Channels, so maybe can.

....But don't quote me.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If you only run the NAS sparingly, I guess you can turn it off.

But if you do frequent backups, or better yet, setup automated content syncing, then it's better to just leave the NAS on all the time.

I seldom activate my NAS for content sychnronization, but yet I leave it on all the time anyway. Plus, the TV can readily access the media content whenever I need it.

NAS are designed to run continously. Just place them in a properly ventillated place, get good drives that are meant for NAS usage and you should be all set.

Just got the DS408 from Vijay yesterday.

Planning to run my NAS just for back up purposes, can I run it on RAID1 and only power on as and when I need it?

shin89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you only run the NAS sparingly, I guess you can turn it off.

But if you do frequent backups, or better yet, setup automated content syncing, then it's better to just leave the NAS on all the time.

I seldom activate my NAS for content sychnronization, but yet I leave it on all the time anyway. Plus, the TV can readily access the media content whenever I need it.

NAS are designed to run continously. Just place them in a properly ventillated place, get good drives that are meant for NAS usage and you should be all set.
Thanks Vijay, will try and get it up and running and see how it goes :) Just hoot-ed Toshiba 2TB x2 today lol

shin89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise if its possible to drag and drop folders to FileStation if i'm using DS408 on DSM 4.0?

I've tried mapping network drive to my pc but requires SMB2 which DSM 4.0 does not have.

Edit: This is resolved. Enabled SMB1 on my Windows 10 and it works now.

Last edited:

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't manage to get DS918+ from Lazada.
Today went to SLS and carted DS918+ and 4 x Toshiba MD04ACA400 for a total of $1295. :s12:

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, unless you don't update DSM and connect from outside.

connect outside home speed very slow right?
or any setting I had missed?
I tried using the DS apps in my iphone and laptop to watch movies, the streaming / download very very slow :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.