[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bloodbourne may be old but it’s probably one of the more punishing games which provides a great deal of satisfaction when completed.

Need a bloodborne 2. The gameplay mechanics and creeps way more fierce than GOW

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need a bloodborne 2. The gameplay mechanics and creeps way more fierce than GOW

i feel dark souls is more punishing than bloodborne.

Dark souls 3 easier I think. Bloodborne combat is the best I feel. No shield is good

difficulty always can ownself impose handicap one, like run the charactor naked with no armor and no weapon equipped blah blah etc.;)

control the game with one hand or one feet...:s22::s13:

tidess

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dark souls 3 easier I think. Bloodborne combat is the best I feel. No shield is good

bloodborne is actually harder...but the combat system is well made so it is easier

a better combat system = easier to excel = harder stages are more fun and not so hard

dark souls is....meh combat system and hard, which is why there is an artificially created sense of difficulty

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Demo up on SG/Asia PSN store:

PixelJunk™ Monsters 2 Demo Version (English/Chinese/Japanese Ver.)
https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/JP0365-CUSA11549_00-ASIANSTERS2TRIAL

qwertified

Reaction score
Resident evil 5 lor, got it from ps store sg for the Resident evil 4,5 6 bundle. If i cant even play 5 for 1-2 hrs, guess i can forget 7 liao :(

Sian, always cannot play most games due to motion sickness :(

RE5 should be ok ba i don't recall having shaky camera. RE6 i think have, at least during the chris playthrough. U got play uncharted? That 1 also motion sickness? Just sit further away take short breaks.

Luffy Pirate King

Reaction score
RE5 should be ok ba i don't recall having shaky camera. RE6 i think have, at least during the chris playthrough. U got play uncharted? That 1 also motion sickness? Just sit further away take short breaks.

Got UC 1-4. Barely survive playing that game and completed part UC 1. The distances between my sofa and tv is fixed liao. Im gonna try minimizing the screen this weekend, instead of viewing it at 55 inch, i try see see can zoom out the screen macham playing on a 40+ inch screen, hopefully not as giddy..if not really GG liao, buey gan to play these games :(

PS: FPS games lagi worse...lol..

alfseeto

Reaction score
How to check which free games are coming to Asia PS Plus for May? US have Beyond Two Souls, which I really want to play.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
How to check which free games are coming to Asia PS Plus for May? US have Beyond Two Souls, which I really want to play.
Not announced yet. US and Europe's May PS+ free games come on May 1st. Asia's May PS+ comes on May 10th. (Why so late? No one knows. Becos... Asia!) They'll probably announce it mid next week.

High chance that they will follow other regions and give Beyond Two Souls, since they tend to inherit the same PS4 games anyway (makes sense that Sony negotiate these deals at global level, so Asia just get the same). And Asia already gave Heavy Rain in April (not available in other regions), so it's only natural.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Got UC 1-4. Barely survive playing that game and completed part UC 1. The distances between my sofa and tv is fixed liao. Im gonna try minimizing the screen this weekend, instead of viewing it at 55 inch, i try see see can zoom out the screen macham playing on a 40+ inch screen, hopefully not as giddy..if not really GG liao, buey gan to play these games :(

The theory behind it is that the eyes see motion, but the body doesn't feel motion, so when the brain tries to connect the signals together, it doesn't compute. The brain will think that you must be hallucinating due to being poisoned. (The human body evolved over thousands of years, tv and video game only came about in the last decades, so the brain's firmware only knows poison, not video game.) It will try to flush out the poison by making you vomit etc.

This tends to happen more when there is a lot of camera movement (while you are just sitting there not moving at all), especially so with FPS since it's more immersive. It's not just first person view though, whenever a game needs you to look high and low, quickly pan your view to spot enemies, look down on the floor to pick up items then look up to walk, etc., they can cause motion sickness. Frame rate affects it too (not sure if high frame rate, smooth camera movement is better or the opposite). Screen size and distance affects immersion and thus can cause issue too.

You will want to reduce camera movement. Be aware of your motion sickness problem and try to limit camera motion (assuming you can control the camera with right stick), like take it easy when trying to look everywhere searching for collectibles, or when you are turning around, close your eyes for a moment when you turn (assuming you already killed all the enemies in the area and just leisurely exploring). Go to the game's options menu to lower sensitivity (to maybe 2-3 out of 10). Yes, this does mean that if you are playing competitive shooter, you are probably sitting duck and get killed 9 out of 10 times when you run into another player face to face, but for single player story shootout, typically you should be ok (unless the AI very OP). Take a break, close your eyes every now and then, or change your environment to make the game less immersive.

tidess

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

is motion sickness
it is an issue with the FoV of games.

the logic for devs is further u sit away from tv, the lower fov can be.

tats y shitty ports that never adjust fov from console to pc will cause motion sickness cus your vision 90% is monitor when playing on com compared to tv, where maybe it's 40-70%?

the brain will think u r poisoned so brain will tell body to vomit it out.

the best thing is when pc devs put low fov in their games. scum dev

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is motion sickness
it is an issue with the FoV of games.

the logic for devs is further u sit away from tv, the lower fov can be.

tats y shitty ports that never adjust fov from console to pc will cause motion sickness cus your vision 90% is monitor when playing on com compared to tv, where maybe it's 40-70%?

the brain will think u r poisoned so brain will tell body to vomit it out.

the best thing is when pc devs put low fov in their games. scum dev

think i quite lucky. so far never get any motion sickness from playing games.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.