Linksys EA7500 by starhub

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually SH is not too bad, definitely better than VQ. That's my own experience with VQ for 1 year and 10 months. At least SH rarely get disconnected for no Fcking reason.

Yeah actually I agree also. Just need to change the Starhub DNS to Google and you are good to go.

keongzai1981

Reaction score
Actually SH is not too bad, definitely better than VQ. That's my own experience with VQ for 1 year and 10 months. At least SH rarely get disconnected for no Fcking reason.

Hi

possible to share you EA7500 connectivity setting in pm?

i just recontract with SH 1Gbps swapping ouy my dir878 and am getting crappy connection.

did the quick set up and played around with the settings... restarted every thing and still the same..

only getting about 1/3 of my subscribed...

wifi signal strength wise its alot worst compared to the 878

if all else fails i'll just swap back to the 878

many thanks in advance

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Hi

i just recontract with SH 1Gbps swapping ouy my dir878 and am getting crappy connection.

did the quick set up and played around with the settings... restarted every thing and still the same..

many thanks in advance

Are you testing in WiFi? If so change the 5ghz band to vht80 and choose a less congested channel for 2.4ghz

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi

uVg6EXp.png

Check your LAN connection speed, what speed are you getting ?
Example
b4upgBh.png

many thanks in advance

If you can, put the router higher, make sure the 2 antennas (left most & right most) are at an angel and not straight up.

Last edited:

keongzai1981

Reaction score
uVg6EXp.png

Check your LAN connection speed, what speed are you getting ?
Example
b4upgBh.png

If you can, put the router higher, make sure the 2 antennas (left most & right most) are at an angel and not straight up.

:eek: what DNS are these? i've tried google, open and default but not these

lan speed not very impressive as well... about 1/2 or slightly higher but no where near 1Gbps...

did i forget to mention the pos is the same with my DIR878 which was giving much better results

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score

lan speed not very impressive as well... about 1/2 or slightly higher but no where near 1Gbps...

did i forget to mention the pos is the same with my DIR878 which was giving much better results
1.1.1.1 is Cloudflare DNS
9.9.9.9 is Quad9 DNS
Google and you find out more information about them

If you lan connection status cannot get 1Gbps, high chance cable issue.

Sent from Samsung GT-N5120 using GAGT

keongzai1981

Reaction score
1.1.1.1 is Cloudflare DNS
9.9.9.9 is Quad9 DNS
Google and you find out more information about them

If you lan connection status cannot get 1Gbps, high chance cable issue.

i'm actually thinking cable also... the ones behind the walls where HDB link up from the DB area...

but that doesnt justify the weak signal ya?

i'll play around with the setting again... at most just go back to the DIR878 since the ES7500 didnt cost me anything:s13:

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
Funny, i get 100% coverage with this router

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Not everybody use case are the same. WiFi is affected by alot of factors like house layout, other people Wifi, your own devices etc.

limcc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

many thanks in advance

I didn't change much setting as this router doesn't offer much configurable setting and its used as AP only.

mr7DbQdA_o.jpg

The 5GHz connection speed is quite good. even when the signal drop to -80dB
ez7wRxiy_o.jpg

Signal is poor and the connection bandwidth is 292Mbps.
I2bLqnmh_o.jpg

This is SpeedTest at the same location
5upmRfbq_o.jpg

This router has so sh!tty 2.4Ghz connection, try using only 5GHz only. I will suggest you try to make sure the wired connection is stable before troubleshooting the WiFi. As suggested, use different cable; direct connection to ONT; etc.

Edited:

Forgot t mention the router was placed inside bedroom with the door closed and location of test was in the kitchen about 15M away.

These were 7 meters away in living room, bedroom door is still closed.

jOTEcDMz_o.jpg

g7DVfxNe_o.jpg

The other wifi signals are Asus Aimesh in living room, with the bedroom door open, the speed is slightly lower than with AC88U/AC68U at ~450Mbps. Device tesed was HTC 10 with 2x2:2, should be even faster with 3x3 devices.

Last edited:

ascott

Reaction score
Anyone can use this EA7500v2 with SingTel Fibre w/ Mio TV?
Tested change the VLAN to SingTel, but super slow.

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score

Cloudflare seems to slow down my web browsing.
Changing back to OpenDNS FamilyShield as Pri DNS.
Browsing seems like back to a breeze............haha

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Cloudflare seems to slow down my web browsing.
Changing back to OpenDNS FamilyShield as Pri DNS.
Browsing seems like back to a breeze............haha

cloud fare does not use EDNS so you may be redirected to a less optimal CDN. The price you pay for "privacy"

Kindovic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone facing wifi issues with facebook (on com and mobile) with this router? The feeds and pictures doesn't seem to load although the connectivity strength is good.

Dreaming

Reaction score
Finally got my Linksys EA7500 today.
Speed not bad compared to Dlink DIR-868L
Can't believe 3rd SH contract.

7234809098.png

How you get that speed? I have 1 gbps plan but my d/l 430mbps up 542mbps only. I tried to call starhub and the person on the phone told me to test and connect the cable from ONT port 1 to my laptop. It did shows 900+ mbps but it makes no sense telling me by connecting ONT>LAPTOP i will get full speed while connecting ONT>ROUTER>LAPTOP i will get less?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How you get that speed? I have 1 gbps plan but my d/l 430mbps up 542mbps only. I tried to call starhub and the person on the phone told me to test and connect the cable from ONT port 1 to my laptop. It did shows 900+ mbps but it makes no sense telling me by connecting ONT>LAPTOP i will get full speed while connecting ONT>ROUTER>LAPTOP i will get less?

are u connected by wifi or lan? if lan u should be able to hit the same speed as him.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.