Anyone here has bought CIEM and regretted?

alfseeto

Reaction score
My budget is around $500 and I mostly want to have a CIEM for the isolation. I find myself cranking up the volume to 80-90% on the mrt with normal iems.

Seems like the Etymotic HF5 has good isolation, some say better than CIEMs. Also much cheaper at $99 on Amazon. But I’m worried about the comfort since it sticks so deep into the ear and also the neutral sound signature. I prefer warm and rich sound rather than analytical.

Right now looking at AAW A3H for a CIEM.

uplorry

Suspended
Reaction score
My budget is around $500 and I mostly want to have a CIEM for the isolation. I find myself cranking up the volume to 80-90% on the mrt with normal iems.

Seems like the Etymotic HF5 has good isolation, some say better than CIEMs. Also much cheaper at $99 on Amazon. But I’m worried about the comfort since it sticks so deep into the ear and also the neutral sound signature. I prefer warm and rich sound rather than analytical.

Right now looking at AAW A3H for a CIEM.

Etymotics are on the analytical side and the deep fitting might not work for you. But at least you can try it in the shops or sell them if you bought them blindly and regret. I still think it might not be your cup tea.

As for customs, retailers usually have their "universal" demo versions for you to test and get a feel of how the sound signature is like. Though it's not 100% of how the final product will perform.

Truth be told, it's not always true that customs will isolate better than universals. At least through my own experience... :o

colossus

Reaction score
Where can do it? Estimate price?

I just received my KZ10 and foam tips. I think that combi is good enough and the sound isolation is quite good. Currently, I also own a pair of AAW AXH CIEM. Though I can hear the difference between the two, I think the KZ10 is a very very good earphones for that price. I bought it from the "KZ official store" from Aliexpress.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.