Do u use water filter at home?

kyokoto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dont believe in all the Alkaline water bullsh*t. But I believe in filtering out impurities and heavy metals, so I bought 3M hot n cold water filter. No regrets, best purchase for my home.

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The one that is 1.6k bout there?

I dont believe in all the Alkaline water bullsh*t. But I believe in filtering out impurities and heavy metals, so I bought 3M hot n cold water filter. No regrets, best purchase for my home.

Amalamia

Reaction score
just got my water dispenser from Ruhens today, after researching all the available brands, in the long run cost wise will help to save, no need to mafan keep changing filter haha. can try! alot of good reviews also

tfkmueh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, can I get this in Sg? For first time users, what do I need to order?

Thanks.

Jestac is the authorised 3M distro, office around kim chuan smrt train depot there.

iirc homefix sells the starter package, faucet+catridges x 2.

else check qoo10, i seen a listing but not sure from US or local one.

amazon def have but cannot ship to SG direct.

whitesofa

Reaction score
just got my water dispenser from Ruhens today, after researching all the available brands, in the long run cost wise will help to save, no need to mafan keep changing filter haha. can try! alot of good reviews also

Why did you said no need to keep changing filter? Thought the filters have to change after every year?

Have you considered Hydroflux h-2300? Can share why you decide this over other brands? thks cos also considering getting one.

yuri2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the hyflux nano 3-in-1 filter.
so far so good..
but i discovered ... filtered water cannot keep long..
last time , boiled water i keep in my waterbottle.. after 3days, if you swipe the inner portion of the bottle, it is not slimy.

but with filtered water, after 2nd day, you go swipe the inner portion of the bottle, it is slimy.

Yes, that's true.
Bcuz filtered water doesn't have the protection of chlorine/chloramine.
You're supposed to filter and drink it soon, not keep it.

Amalamia

Reaction score
Why did you said no need to keep changing filter? Thought the filters have to change after every year?

Have you considered Hydroflux h-2300? Can share why you decide this over other brands? thks cos also considering getting one.

the salesperson told me filters only need to change when they get clogged up, so depending on your usage, not necessarily one year must change, more like when you see the water dispensing slow down then more or less need to change.

hydroflux warranty less than Ruhens and they are basically the same company w same technology, better than all brand that i have enquired about.

and my salesperson gave me an extra filter which is good for a year and a half for my family of 5 wahaha.

quite happy with my buy la and installation all very neat, they also have showroom if u thirsty wanna drink water and see the unit lol.

tfkmueh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the salesperson told me filters only need to change when they get clogged up, so depending on your usage, not necessarily one year must change, more like when you see the water dispensing slow down then more or less need to change.

hydroflux warranty less than Ruhens and they are basically the same company w same technology, better than all brand that i have enquired about.

and my salesperson gave me an extra filter which is good for a year and a half for my family of 5 wahaha.

quite happy with my buy la and installation all very neat, they also have showroom if u thirsty wanna drink water and see the unit lol.
u know algae & bacteria can start growing in your filter? when as you said, the water clogged or even the anti-bacterial layer is worn off.

one of the reason filter need to change is to remove the dirt and algae build up, unless the filter is washable & re-useable.

johra4

Reaction score
buy with faucet, call contractor install, mine do it FOC during reno because how easy or simple it is.

jestac on and off got call me about taking 3 at a price, which calculated come to about $100sgd/pcs

Only this model ships to SG. USD $128.7 + $47.45.

https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Pure-Under-Water-Filtration-System/dp/B06ZZXRPGS

Edit. Prime now carries the version without faucet at S$105.26 all in.

The model AP-DWS1000 is going for S$366.86

So the difference between the model AP-DWS1000 and the AP Easy Complete is that the model AP-DWS1000 filters it twice and the AP EAsy Complete filter it once? How about other 3M models on Amazon?

Does any one know if I do not buy a faucet, can I connect it to my mixer tap (for hot water)to have filtered water, and then also to a hot/cold water dispenser. The other pipe (for cold water) of my mixer tap will be unfiltered water. What kind of adapters will I need to buy for my plumber to fit SG taps, or would the plumber know?

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My place comes with undersink water filtration system from Hyflux. So I just buy the dispenser for instant hot / cold water, place on kitchen table top.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dispenser also from hyflux? you connect it yourself or the hyflux person connect it for you?

Installer will do it. Yup, also Hyflux for the water dispenser. I already have additional dispenser at kitchen basin.. probably for washing groceries.

I think such systems outside cost $1.4-1.6K at least.

johra4

Reaction score
Installer will do it. Yup, also Hyflux for the water dispenser. I already have additional dispenser at kitchen basin.. probably for washing groceries.

I think such systems outside cost $1.4-1.6K at least.

Thanks, I'm cheapo, I probably try DIY myself using the amazon 3M undersink filter systems and a separate dispenser from TB

tfkmueh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the difference between the model AP-DWS1000 and the AP Easy Complete is that the model AP-DWS1000 filters it twice and the AP EAsy Complete filter it once? How about other 3M models on Amazon?

Does any one know if I do not buy a faucet, can I connect it to my mixer tap (for hot water)to have filtered water, and then also to a hot/cold water dispenser. The other pipe (for cold water) of my mixer tap will be unfiltered water. What kind of adapters will I need to buy for my plumber to fit SG taps, or would the plumber know?

From what i know, AP stand for Aire-Pure, the brand before 3M acquire it.

From what i know Easy Complete only got 1 model.

Easy connect is use quik connect type of connector, google it, so i presume to connect the provided pipe by AP, u need a quik connect with the other end is bigger sized pipe and then that pipe connect to the kitchen faucet.

I also assume ur plumber know what to do.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Amazing! U got to verify salesmen words man

Bag_man

Reaction score
I understand that the water from the factory should be safe to drink, however, from the factory to the home tab is a long way, the water might get something extra on the way,

Amalamia

Reaction score
Amazing! U got to verify salesmen words man

haha i did do some research before buying ofc, we all know salesman want to sell anything also will say good lol.

luckily the guy that attended to me was honest, if he anyhow say i cfm will just turn and leave haha.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.