Air purifier? - Part 2

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah yes im referring to the size... so both 2S and the one below (pro or gen2 still confused) using the same cylinder type right?

723NLzI.jpg

Same as in? Not sure 2s default filter comes with the green or blue cylinder type. I only know gen1 comes with the green type whereas gen2 comes with the blue type. (At least previously for my case) I didn't have 2s.

For Pro, comes with the blue one.

"Written before: Just to add on .... although all the 3 types (blue/green/purple cylinder type) of Xiaomi air purifier filters could be used in Pro, if without the RFID "sticker" at the bottom of the filter, error msg will display on the purifier display stating pls use original filter. But still can use.

Take note."

I think 2s should be the same. Not sure.

I only know max is not using the cylinder type. So is not interchangeable if getting the max ap. Correct me if wrong.

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah yes im referring to the size... so both 2S and the one below (pro or gen2 still confused) using the same cylinder type right?

723NLzI.jpg

There are several types of ap. Gen1, Gen2, 2s, Pro, Max.

Gen1, Gen2 and Pro all the (original blue/enhanced green/antibacterial purple) cylinder type filters able to use interchangeable. Can fit in. No difference in the filter size as per se except that the enhanced green version is thicker. That's all.

For 2s, I think all 3 can use also? ( think better to get the filter with RFID sticker on it too ). But I didn't have 2s so I cannot confirm. I believed some forumers have bought the 2s. Perhaps someone could confirm on this. TIA.

Max cannot.

Last edited:

Joge517

Reaction score
Saw Xiaomi Gen 1 selling at lazada for 68, special price or usual price for it nowadays??

Sent from Xiaomi MI 5 using GAGT

Rgyl11

Reaction score
Hi I’m interested in the sharp FP-F30E, saw in Malaysia the code is Fp-F30L and the specs seems to be the same. Just wondering if anybody knows what is the difference between E and L as Malaysia is priced cheaper

Wryer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a humidifier+purifier?

I need humidifier because I sleep in an aircon room and I have a deviated septum that is very sensitive to dry air.

Does such all-in-one reduce the efficiency of either function?

Thanks!

Urbanchap

Reaction score
So I bought the Xiaomi Green color filter and started using it for my Xiaomi AP Gen2. It gives off a strong plastic smell that I find too overpowering. So I changed back to the blue color filter that came with the AP2.

Anyone faced this problem?

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
Initially there’s a tint plastic smell when I changed to the enhanced green filter that time also. After running for some time, the smell gone.

But not overwhelming as in the room will notice it. Have to put my nose near to the purifier then can notice it. Not sure why yours have overwhelming smell.

Perhaps you may wish to try to let it run for awhile and see if situation improves? Not sure.

Hope it helps.

So I bought the Xiaomi Green color filter and started using it for my Xiaomi AP Gen2. It gives off a strong plastic smell that I find too overpowering. So I changed back to the blue color filter that came with the AP2.

Anyone faced this problem?

Urbanchap

Reaction score
Perhaps you may wish to try to let it run for awhile and see if situation improves? Not sure.

Hope it helps.

Mine filter smell is really pronounced. When my 2nd AP2 :D is here, I can use that to run it somewhere else, like in the kitchen, to season the filter.

YY2008

Reaction score
Dear AP gurus,

I’m looking for decent yet affordable AP for my bedroom and living room. Other than to be ready for haze season, another purpose is to remove the smell after renovation. I can’t finish reading all the inputs here but from the info I gathered, It seems it’s good to get XiaoMi Gen2 for bedroom and XiaoMi pro for living room. Or will FP-F30E Sharp more suitable for my case?
Any inputs will be much appreciated. Thanks!

foweet

Reaction score
Just bought a xiaomi gen2 and is waiting for delivery.. some questions hope someone can enlighten me. Thanks and sorry for the noob questions....

1) do you guys on it 24/7? If not how often should i on it??

2)how often the filter needs to be changed and any specific sites to buy the filter?

3) will aircon and the air purifier affect each other's function in anyway?

4) my room collects dust quite easily.. will the air purifier help to reduce it.

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
Supposed to restart. After that will see the wifi icon blinking. Then try setup connect using your phone app. Must be in 2.4Ghz during setup. If still fail, try set to China region instead of Singapore region.

That’s what I did for my Pro and previously Gen1 & Gen2. I presume Gen2s also same?

Hope it works for you.

Anyone got xiaomi AP 2S too? Unable to connect through WiFi using Mi Home App. Long press 5 seconds for both button, it restart itself only.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.