[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
Hi guys, new PS4 pro owner here. Need some advice on headsets. I'm thinking of getting a wireless headset to play but after searching online I see a lot of complaints that there are issues pairing Bluetooth headphones with the console. Is anyone doing this or is there a working cost effective solution? TIA

Just plug a wired headset into the Dualshock controller.

tidess

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wait 1 yr maybe will be free ps+ game like all the story games :o

those games u talk about ish from the first few years of ps4 and only recently free ps+...

the only story games that appear on ps+ 1yr++ later are telltale...telltale games are..bad...i hope it's not like telltale game...

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Serious? Heavy rain took ard 8 years to be free on PSN currently.

Not sure if i am able to live long enough just to wait for a game to go free anot.

lol dun take my comments about it seriously, i am joking... :o

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
on the topic of motion sickness, the first time i felt it was playing Killzone on ps3.

i freaking love the multiplayer of KZ but always felt terrible after playing awhile.

i read having prominent things to focus on while playing(like crosshairs help).

i usually have no problem with third person games though.

derkaiser94

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the console scene but just saw Monster Hunter World is on sale on the PS store for SGD 60. May I know if thats a good deal or can I purchase the game elsewhere for cheaper?

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just gotten a PS4 2 days ago. Notice that everytime I power up a 2nd controller it kept prompting me about user account selection, unlike a PS3 which just lets the 2nd player join immediately and have fun.

it's very irritating, is there any way to disable this? I just want to use the 2nd controller in a simple 2 player game, like a fighting game. Searched through all the settings but can't seem to find a way to disable it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

DARTHNERD

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys new to the console scene but just saw Monster Hunter World is on sale on the PS store for SGD 60. May I know if thats a good deal or can I purchase the game elsewhere for cheaper?

I can see it is about SGD70 AVG? so 60sgd is quite cheap.

also getting digital allows you to play straight from the dashboard and no need to insert the disc.

i recommend you try out the demo if there is any.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Just gotten a PS4 2 days ago. Notice that everytime I power up a 2nd controller it kept prompting me about user account selection, unlike a PS3 which just lets the 2nd player join immediately and have fun.

it's very irritating, is there any way to disable this? I just want to use the 2nd controller in a simple 2 player game, like a fighting game. Searched through all the settings but can't seem to find a way to disable it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Cannot. Each controller must be associated to a different account (can be "guest" account). Cannot have 1 account logged in using 2 or more controllers at the same time. This way, depending on the game, player 2 can also earn trophies when playing together. It also has some other benefits, like if a game supports 2 local players teaming up with 2 online players (eg. Borderlands), then the 2 local players can be identified individually.

If you play with your family members, they should each have their own account anyway, so it should be quite natural (else select guest).

derkaiser94

Reaction score
I can see it is about SGD70 AVG? so 60sgd is quite cheap.

also getting digital allows you to play straight from the dashboard and no need to insert the disc.

i recommend you try out the demo if there is any.

Is buying from the Sony digital store the equivalent of PC Steam? In the sense that you own the digital copy of the game and can install it anytime anywhere?

symbiote28

Reaction score
just completed GOW story mode. what an experience! never played the other GOW titles before. now gonna explore the other realms and do side quests.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is buying from the Sony digital store the equivalent of PC Steam? In the sense that you own the digital copy of the game and can install it anytime anywhere?

Yes. In fact if you have 2 PS4, make one primary, can play the same game on 2 PS4. I use 1 digital game but can play on 2 PS4. My gf has psn account so can play tgt

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot. Each controller must be associated to a different account (can be "guest" account). Cannot have 1 account logged in using 2 or more controllers at the same time. This way, depending on the game, player 2 can also earn trophies when playing together. It also has some other benefits, like if a game supports 2 local players teaming up with 2 online players (eg. Borderlands), then the 2 local players can be identified individually.

If you play with your family members, they should each have their own account anyway, so it should be quite natural (else select guest).

Thanks for the reply. My kids don't have email so quite troublesome.

And no way to default the 2nd or 3rd controllers to dummy/guest? Really hate the prompting and going through the same steps every single time whever I use the 2nd controller.

Strange that the owner cannot have more than 1 controller, they can just treat it like a dummy controller like all the past generation consoles.

Guess I'll have to live with it, and hope they allow users to at least set defaults in future updates.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or are the games getting ridiculously big?

A fighting game taking 38GB of disk space! My 500GB PS4 had only 408 GB free, and after buying a couple of games from the PSN, it's almost full.

Is the PS4 like the PS3 where you an easily upgrade the HDD? The PS4 with only 2 USB ports is very limiting, one taken by the PSVR and if add a portable HDD then no more ports left.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had to say the PSVR is quite interesting, and really immersive.

I'm wondering can I watch 3D movies with it, as the FoV is bigger than looking at my TV.

Though I did get some motion sickness, but my P6 boy apparently said he had no motion sickness at all.

DrBaldwin

Reaction score

A fighting game taking 38GB of disk space! My 500GB PS4 had only 408 GB free, and after buying a couple of games from the PSN, it's almost full.

Is the PS4 like the PS3 where you an easily upgrade the HDD? The PS4 with only 2 USB ports is very limiting, one taken by the PSVR and if add a portable HDD then no more ports left.

Yes, depending on your PS4 model, you can google/youtube how to upgrade your HDD to a bigger capacity one. Very easy.

kurenai

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
God of war:- i am at around at “the sickness” quest. Still can do other side quest?

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, very easy to upgrade, just take out the tab and unscrew.

I suggest buying a 2TB Solid State Hybrid Drive or SSHD, loading times much faster than default 5400 RPM HDD and have bigger capacity than SSD, around $150.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. My kids don't have email so quite troublesome.

And no way to default the 2nd or 3rd controllers to dummy/guest? Really hate the prompting and going through the same steps every single time whever I use the 2nd controller.

Strange that the owner cannot have more than 1 controller, they can just treat it like a dummy controller like all the past generation consoles.

Guess I'll have to live with it, and hope they allow users to at least set defaults in future updates.
You can easily use your Google mail account to register PSN accounts for them. For example, your own psn you use recce5@gmail.com, your son Jack you use recce5+jack@gmail.com, your daughter Jill use recce5+jill@gmail.com.

The beauty of it is that Google considers all of these gmail accounts as under recce5@gmail.com. All the sub accounts with "+" don't need to be created at gmail at all. Any mail going to "+Jack", "+Jill", "+SantaClaus" will all automatically be delivered to your base gmail (ie. to Google, it's just 1 account). But to Sony, these PSN accounts using "+Jack", "+Jill" are different and separate PSN accounts.

You can use this same trick to create PSN accounts in different regions. For example, you can have "+US", "+UK", "+JP" and so on (again, you do not need to pre-define these accounts at gmail, they don't need to be created at all) for other PSN regions. This makes it very easy to manage many PSN accounts all using just 1 gmail account.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.