[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC3200 Router

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The feature was never promised at the product launch. I look at it as a bonus if it does gets AiMesh support.

The others too weren't promised that feature. But they got it. Our model is not even as old as some of them listed. eg RT-AC68U and the likes...

And yes, we paid a premium at that time. Oh well...should have sold it off last time when I had the chance.

evilster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am curious is the new updates of 3.0.0.4.382_50010-gb0c6a12
causing any issues to you guys ?
Network access denied... I tried it with ipad and laptop plus my handphone... doesn't work ...

My 2.4GhZ is not working as per normal... I believe there were changed in the latest fw... Restart it and it doesn't work at all...

Last edited:

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am curious is the new updates of 3.0.0.4.382_50010-gb0c6a12
causing any issues to you guys ?
Network access denied... I tried it with ipad and laptop plus my handphone... doesn't work ...

My 2.4GhZ is not working as per normal... I believe there were changed in the latest fw... Restart it and it doesn't work at all...

Try and do a factory reset and re config first. Else, roll back the firmware, test your theory...

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the latest asus firmware? Last update was in January. It's been so many months of no update.

Anyone know when will this router will eventually get AImesh support?

Godeau

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the latest asus firmware? Last update was in January. It's been so many months of no update.

Anyone know when will this router will eventually get AImesh support?

Wouldn't keep my hopes up if I were you, Asus sg no longer lists this model at their products section, it may very well be eol. :(

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't keep my hopes up if I were you, Asus sg no longer lists this model at their products section, it may very well be eol. :(
Urgh . So much hopes for such a high end router. Updates also stagnant since January

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got feeling ASUS is going to EOL this wonderful product. So saddened.

Sadden. Not listed in their website, the last update January. Making this router vulnerable. Shall Guess get a new one soon probably? There was a time last week 2.4ghz don't work, need to restart.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Sadden. Not listed in their website, the last update January. Making this router vulnerable. Shall Guess get a new one soon probably? There was a time last week 2.4ghz don't work, need to restart.
maybe use an open source firmware for it.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The funky and aptly-named Blue Cave is ASUS' latest AC2600 router

asus-bluecave.png

This router looks like a good replacement to AC3200. Don't have those annoying antennas. Should be coming soon to SG to CEE show

dryteletubby

Reaction score

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Design is very subjective. Some might find it nice looking whereas will find that it looks weird.

I think if the buyer's home had a minimalistic art decor style, they might find this design pleasing.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even without external antennas Asus as somehow manage to make it look ridiculous...

What's with router manufacturers these days. it seems the more you pay for the router the more stupid looking it gets...

I like the designs of those Aztech Singtel routers, simple and nice, fit to any types of furniture. After switching to Asus, those incredible antennas eyesore sometimes. The signal strength is almost the same as aztech singtel routers, hence I think those external antennas are a marketing gimmick.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like the designs of those Aztech Singtel routers, simple and nice, fit to any types of furniture. After switching to Asus, those incredible antennas eyesore sometimes. The signal strength is almost the same as aztech singtel routers, hence I think those external antennas are a marketing gimmick.

You sure Aztech SingTel routers range good? Lol

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You sure Aztech SingTel routers range good? Lol

last last time i use, still okay leh, within my house. But this Asus one with 6 antennas, perform only slightly better in terms of range.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
external antennas means naught due to regulations regarding WiFi output.

I have a friend switch from the Asus Ac5300 ( spider looking thing with 8 external antennas) to a unif AP AC LR (no external antennas) and got slightly better range.

Most devices that use WiFI have low powered antennas, so no matter how powerful the router is if your device may not be able to broadcast back.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
external antennas means naught due to regulations regarding WiFi output.

I have a friend switch from the Asus Ac5300 ( spider looking thing with 8 external antennas) to a unif AP AC LR (no external antennas) and got slightly better range.

Most devices that use WiFI have low powered antennas, so no matter how powerful the router is if your device may not be able to broadcast back.

Thanks. understand, the wifi indicator on my laptop and phone from the furthest part of the house is hugely different, laptop wii=fi is quite strong.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.