SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Stoicism

Reaction score
Need help with some question regarding RT and IPPT pay/reward.

Lets say I fail my IPPT for the current window and I manage to complete my 20 RT, can I retake IPPT for the current window?

Purpose for asking is, I want to get both the RT pay and IPPT reward.

idjekyll

Reaction score
first time doing ippt after ord, i'll be having my ippt this week at khatib fcc
seems like it's raining almost everyday, do we still have to report there if it is raining?

If you think it's going to rain then don't go. You have to retake it if your 2.4 is cancelled. Check weather forecast and look to the skies before you commit an hour at camp.

Calander

Reaction score
seems like it's raining almost everyday, do we still have to report there if it is raining?

yes. u still have to report.

two scenarios. either mindef will send u sms on the cancellation (very rare) if weather can be foreseen and confirm), or u might be asked to book a separate ippt for 2.4km run only.

the above only applies when there is a very bad weather.

however, if u are taking as a ipt-ippt, 2.4km might be exempted and attendance still taken.

idjekyll

Reaction score

Lets say I fail my IPPT for the current window and I manage to complete my 20 RT, can I retake IPPT for the current window?

Nope. Once RT or IPPT (pass) is done, your obligations for that window has been satisfied. Best scenario is to maintain that fitness level and whack ippt once window reopens.

Calander

Reaction score

after completing your 20 RTs, u can take a non-ICT IPPT within the same window (as u are no longer subjected to RT program).

only in-between during your 20 RTs, u cannot book a non-ICT IPPT. Unless, it is an ICT-IPPT as is during your ICT.

BUT... all forms of IPPT allowance (1/2 day service pay for attendance) only allows up to 3 sessions. In this case, u would already had 3 sessions of RT-IPPT.

what qualifies you for extra money is if u pass your IPPT with incentives or higher, depending on what you got for RT-IPPT.

Last edited:

numbers

Master Member
Reaction score
Does the IPT in the park at Marina Bay Promontory have a secure place to keep personal belongings?

Or do we have to attend without our personal belongings? cos in camp got locker but in park how?

i booked and i will be going after work from my office, so will have wallet and laptop/bag....

Calander

Reaction score
Does the IPT in the park at Marina Bay Promontory have a secure place to keep personal belongings?

Or do we have to attend without our personal belongings? cos in camp got locker but in park how?

i booked and i will be going after work from my office, so will have wallet and laptop/bag....

placed in open area and their will be one instructor looking-after

Stoicism

Reaction score
after completing your 20 RTs, u can take a non-ICT IPPT within the same window (as u are no longer subjected to RT program).

only in-between during your 20 RTs, u cannot book a non-ICT IPPT. Unless, it is an ICT-IPPT as is during your ICT.

BUT... all forms of IPPT allowance (1/2 day service pay for attendance) only allows up to 3 sessions. In this case, u would already had 3 sessions of RT-IPPT.

what qualifies you for extra money is if u pass your IPPT with incentives or higher, depending on what you got for RT-IPPT.

Answered all my question and even those that I had not considered, thank you for the well-detailed respond.

Nope. Once RT or IPPT (pass) is done, your obligations for that window has been satisfied. Best scenario is to maintain that fitness level and whack ippt once window reopens.

Yes, but I want to get both IPPT money and RT money, call me cheap but who doesn't wanna get paid to keep fit

Last edited:

Supporter

Reaction score
If you think it's going to rain then don't go. You have to retake it if your 2.4 is cancelled. Check weather forecast and look to the skies before you commit an hour at camp.
there is a number to call to check cat status.
google "saf weather cat status phone number"

but i dunno what sector number does khatib camp fall under.

numbers

Master Member
Reaction score

if u just want attendance to be clocked, just go.

if u want to chiong and pass, then check the weather first. if not can go other camp, i know maju is sheltered area for 2.4 so no problem raining or storm also can do

rollbread

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received a call from mindef saying that my ipt has not complete yet and say that I can take up some program from Health promotion board at area outside of army camp and consider as 1 ipt.

But he didn't explain clearly and just say that I can go to health promotion board website to apply and find out more information.

Anybody know about that? I can't find any info from the website.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do they mean this?

https://www.mindef.gov.sg/oms/imind.../news/2014/sep/18sep14_news.html#.WuwQP4iFOM8

Just received a call from mindef saying that my ipt has not complete yet and say that I can take up some program from Health promotion board at area outside of army camp and consider as 1 ipt.

But he didn't explain clearly and just say that I can go to health promotion board website to apply and find out more information.

Anybody know about that? I can't find any info from the website.

MugFree

Reaction score
I ORD-ed in November last year. My birthday is in June. If i take my IPPT in May and in July do I get paid for both?

emorcen

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know if I can default my last one or two cycles of IPPT/RT/IPT if I'm expected to MR next year? I have never defaulted so it seems like it'd be a safe consideration. Wondering if they will use it as reason to not MR personnel haha

RaNDi8

Reaction score
Hi guys, I will be doing my last cycle ict end of may month and coming mid of june will be my new ippt window period. Do i still need to do ippt since i already completed my ict?

numbers

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I will be doing my last cycle ict end of may month and coming mid of june will be my new ippt window period. Do i still need to do ippt since i already completed my ict?

wah shiok, got ROD cert and watch liao ah?

RaNDi8

Reaction score
wah shiok, got ROD cert and watch liao ah?

Nope not yet... Just want to check in advance... Skali they fault me for not doing ippt etc all that... Mindef a lot of stun one -_- ... I don't own them they don't own me.

Last edited:

Calander

Reaction score

by right yes.

As your final in-camp is end-May 2018, your expected IPPT window will be valid until end-Mar 2019 (according to fiscal year). Unless, your MR ceremony is on Apr 2019 or after.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.