View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 01:10 PM   #3115
Dingding6

it depends on the reader. i always use that same mrt reader everyday because it is left-most or right-most and most ppl use it.
if use those at center less ppl ones normally are good.
also cannot compare bus readers with mrt readers as they may be diff.

feel like today's error is due to the reader not able to switch between cepas and cc. the cepas reader picked up the iphone hence gave card error immediately. because credit card readers normally have half a sec delay, so seems like cc reader is not working in this case.

also we are not sure whether cepas and cc sensors are same or separate. if they are separate, the iphone need to point at the cc sensor, not cepas sensor.
Yes, I know the mrt and bus reader is different.

what I mean is considering bus reader need to use wireless transmission to transmit the captured card detail back to Central server for processing and still less error compare to MRT in spite of people complaining it is harder to read in bus

I doubt they future proof their MRT reader with dual antenna even before the start of ABT

CEPAS, flash pay or credit card paywave use the same NFC frequency, hence don't need to have dual antenna

NFC use inductive coupling or something like a power transformer to transmit and receive data

In another word, if you can find their exact antenna location, tap there, you would have higher and faster rate of success read

If you read the FAQ again, your phone NFC antenna must align correctly with the card reader antenna.
Dingding6 is offline   Reply With Quote