E-gate at Taoyuan Airport. No passport stamp

Giggsy3

Reaction score
Just came back from Taiwan few days ago. Upon exiting the Immigration, was ushered to the E-gate counter. Scanned passport and fingerprint and cleared. Did not get an EXIT stamp on my passport. Was hesitating at first to ask the officer on duty, but saw everyone else passing through the gate like me. So just heck care, want die all die together bah :s13:

Now my passport short of one stamp to collect :D

Didn't knew Taiwan had implemented this already. I though the e-gate is for locals only.

pacetone

Reaction score
I came back slightly before mid April and was chopped on the passport. Heng ha - got stamp as I needed to produce to claim medical insurance.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Arrival confirm cannot as need white card.
I think they anyhow one at departure. LoL!
So i will still go chop passport just in case for my side.

Hikenn

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha i also went through the E gate , so my arrival have stamp but departure don’t have

Giggsy3

Reaction score
[YOUTUBE-HD][/YOUTUBE-HD]
Arrival confirm cannot as need white card.
I think they anyhow one at departure. LoL!
So i will still go chop passport just in case for my side.

No choice leh, the airport officer like so fierce tell me go e-gate :s13:

I also scare in future got problems when immigration spotted why no departure stamp :eek:

pohu

Master Member
Reaction score
But when at departure, travellers are given option to “chope passport” or must mandatory go thru’ egate?

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
[YOUTUBE-HD][/YOUTUBE-HD]

No choice leh, the airport officer like so fierce tell me go e-gate :s13:

I also scare in future got problems when immigration spotted why no departure stamp :eek:
They clear u liao, then ok lor.
Not as if you going back so soon.

radiohate

Reaction score
Haha i also went through the E gate , so my arrival have stamp but departure don’t have

I was in Taiwan early March, same for me.
The departure area has a patrolling officer who saw that the queue for the stamping counters is adding up quickly, she asked about my passport's nationality and then guided me to the E gate. Fingerprint and passport scanned, and that's it.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was in Taiwan early March, same for me.
The departure area has a patrolling officer who saw that the queue for the stamping counters is adding up quickly, she asked about my passport's nationality and then guided me to the E gate. Fingerprint and passport scanned, and that's it.

I was back early March and End March, they signal ppl there too.
But i still walk the traditional way.
Of course at times the speedy immigration line.
Perhaps i shall try it end Sept and 19/10 and see if it is functional.
Guess exiting tourists, they are not particular about it.

Thanks for that info.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.