[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

chillcat

Reaction score
But the may intake depends on response...if poor response it will be pushed to june intake also...
Yeah bro. When i came to sign the contract, there wasnt much people around. They didnt mention about my security clearance also. You were told to go level 4 on 15 May yeah?

wanfreak

Reaction score
Yeah bro. When i came to sign the contract, there wasnt much people around. They didnt mention about my security clearance also. You were told to go level 4 on 15 May yeah?

Yup bro...but see how la if it is confirmed...if any changes hr will contact me...

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not related to APO but hear rumor for Security Officer (SO) Industry that Government will tighten the regulation, Big Security Firms will tender at lower price to force Small and Medium Security Firms to closed their business. Then only left Big Security Firms like ertis Cisco, Aetos & etc to monopoly the SO Industry.

APO job mostly is what last time way back SPF used to do. But now all give APO.

Because of APO is under private, and to recruit more people, different company came out with lots of commercial recruit idea to attract people.

But do APO really will be private through out the coming years?

Maybe take times for APO(Currently no matter what, Certis Cisco Auxiliary(Certis Cisco) and Aetos Auxiliary(Aetos belong to surbana jurong), both is under subsidary, but main still belong to temasake holding.

So what the future for APO we don't know yet. But who knows that it will have a big changes in the future.

TheSilentBang

Master Member
Reaction score
btw how to apply part time APO? I search aetos, sats or cisco never see any part time apo job list

wenjie1988

Reaction score
Not related to APO but hear rumor for Security Officer (SO) Industry that Government will tighten the regulation, Big Security Firms will tender at lower price to force Small and Medium Security Firms to closed their business. Then only left Big Security Firms like ertis Cisco, Aetos & etc to monopoly the SO Industry.

seem that certis and aetos trying to compete with each other.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In my personal opinion, I feel that Government want to monopoly the market indirectly (remember that all big players are actually GLCs) while having an easier way to control the security agencies.

So it is not really certis and aetos trying to compete with each other. However sale quota is there to report to shareholders, which is the reason why they are competing with each other.

seem that certis and aetos trying to compete with each other.

Aquarius81

Master Member
Reaction score
so you do indeed have enough in cpf to buy the hdb toilet? it's ok. start small. slowly slowly. take your time.

Your sarcasm DON'T work for me. Nothing wrong start small or from the basic level. Learn to walk first before you run. As for you, are you still staying with your parents ? Leeching ?? Oh please do not look down your boyfriend/girfriend who is doing Auxillary police/Security work i guess ??...lol :s13::s13::s13::s13::s13:

Oh btw maybe my 2 toilet is even MORE expensive than your ANNUAL Income :s8:

Bye Kid :)

Last edited:

matchless7

Reaction score
Aiyah, ignore the troll.

Newbies come in here to seek advice from the old birds, old birds give advice. Everyone is happy. Nobody force her to come here and spoil her eyes by looking at APO job role and salary.

Singapore got manpower shortage for enforcement, we hire malaysian and taiwanese, people complain why. Then when Singaporeans apply for the job, also tio suan. :s22:

cz287cj

Reaction score
Do u think what she said is wrong? What she has said is somehow what i have also pointed out. You can join apo if u need some source of income when u r jobless. If u really want to consider long term, think about it again.

U may be able to tahan if u are still in your prime but consider as u get older unless u have the intention to switch over to civilian position in the company.

Aiyah, ignore the troll.

Newbies come in here to seek advice from the old birds, old birds give advice. Everyone is happy. Nobody force her to come here and spoil her eyes by looking at APO job role and salary.

Singapore got manpower shortage for enforcement, we hire malaysian and taiwanese, people complain why. Then when Singaporeans apply for the job, also tio suan. :s22:

kaixin18

Reaction score
Your sarcasm DON'T work for me. Nothing wrong start small or from the basic level. Learn to walk first before you run. As for you, are you still staying with your parents ? Leeching ?? Oh please do not look down your boyfriend/girfriend who is doing Auxillary police/Security work i guess ??...lol

Oh btw maybe my 2 toilet is even MORE expensive than your ANNUAL Income

Bye Kid :)

if you only knew :s22: but look. you weren't in the stomach for 9 months to be born and then be a career security guard. it's 2018 now not 1968. i am not looking down on security and have never done so. all im saying is do it for the short term. make the money and move on to something more better and fulfilling.

anyways they can change the title from security guard to security officer to enforcement officer to whatever that comes next. but to people you're a jaga. security 12 hours job is no joke. there is no work life balance. its worse if you have a young growing family.

as you take more courses you become very lazy as you climb up the rank ladder. in the long run you become very comfortable with the job. as you know security is a very boring job. so people normally gossip and cause trouble for others to pass the time.

what do i mean? the security officer is employed by the agency to work at Site A. but the security officer pledges his loyalty to the management at Site A and betrays his security agency by pao-toh his colleagues late-coming, long and frequent smoke breaks, long lunches, sleeping and so many others.

Aiyah, ignore the troll.

just cos someone has a different opinion than yours doesnt mean its a troll. this is a forum. you present one view i also can present a counter view. let others judge for themselves whose view is right and whose is wrong.

Do u think what she said is wrong? What she has said is somehow what i have also pointed out. You can join apo if u need some source of income when u r jobless. If u really want to consider long term, think about it again.

U may be able to tahan if u are still in your prime but consider as u get older unless u have the intention to switch over to civilian position in the company.

that was what i said all along. but they have sensitive complex and immediately jump the gun and think im attacking them personally or looking down on their job. these are the type of people the security agencies are always on the lookout for. the younger the officer the better. cos cpf contribution is lower. and if you ask me there's no such thing as security officer in singapore. you put a statue there also it would do the job as a human being. thats how braindead the job is.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you only knew :s22: but look. you weren't in the stomach for 9 months to be born and then be a career security guard. it's 2018 now not 1968. i am not looking down on security and have never done so. all im saying is do it for the short term. make the money and move on to something more better and fulfilling.

anyways they can change the title from security guard to security officer to enforcement officer to whatever that comes next. but to people you're a jaga. security 12 hours job is no joke. there is no work life balance. its worse if you have a young growing family.

I could say Security Officer (SO) Industry is only to earn addition income for freelance events/relief assignment or for career transition for mature age group (Your qualification and experience become useless due to age discrimination but still needs to find job like SO in order to pay for daily expenses).

as you take more courses you become very lazy as you climb up the rank ladder. in the long run you become very comfortable with the job. as you know security is a very boring job. so people normally gossip and cause trouble for others to pass the time.

I believe you have the wrong idea since you are not working in SO industry. The 5 ranks system become a barrier for SOs. How many days of annual leave do you think an agency SO have in order to attend the courses? Are you willing to be bond 6 months with liquidated damage (LD) for 1 module course (Fail to pass test will needs to pay LD. After pass out from test, still needs to be bond and have no negotiation power to talk about deployment such as you live East and deploy you to Tuas to work). Why should the agency or in-house employer sponsor you courses for you to upgrade when they do not needs you to do that [I only needs Senior SO (SSO), so why I needs to sent you for courses to become Security Supervisor (SS)]? Even if you are a Chief SO (CSO) in rank, company don't needs CSO and will only pay you according to what position they employed you [SO / SSO / SS / Senior SS (SSS)].

what do i mean? the security officer is employed by the agency to work at Site A. but the security officer pledges his loyalty to the management at Site A and betrays his security agency by pao-toh his colleagues late-coming, long and frequent smoke breaks, long lunches, sleeping and so many others.

End day, the contract between Site A Management and Agency will end. Agency cannot promise they have jobs (near your house) for you. However Site A Management have the power to set indirect condition to award tender for New Agency to hire this SO.

To add on, certain security tasks are always there and needs to do. If fellow SO lazy and don't do work mean I have to do everything myself or else both will be complaint by Client and Agency will just fire both of us. This type of issues complaint to Agency also nothing will change, which is the reason why needs to complaint to Site A Management to keep my rice bowl.

just cos someone has a different opinion than yours doesnt mean its a troll. this is a forum. you present one view i also can present a counter view. let others judge for themselves whose view is right and whose is wrong.

that was what i said all along. but they have sensitive complex and immediately jump the gun and think im attacking them personally or looking down on their job. these are the type of people the security agencies are always on the lookout for. the younger the officer the better. cos cpf contribution is lower. and if you ask me there's no such thing as security officer in singapore. you put a statue there also it would do the job as a human being. thats how braindead the job is.

Again, you have the wrong idea about SOs because you are not trained to be one and not from this industry.

For example, SO A found faulty CCTV while patrolling and he inform Control room (SO B) that he will wait for Maintenance to come and repair before he carry on his current patrolling task or new task. So Control room (SO B) will deploy SO C to carry out patrolling on behalf of SO A. Base on this scenarios, there are already 3 SOs needs for this shift and I have not added addition things like Gate or other building.

However you can see that a lot of places are actually 1 man show. How to do real security work when he is only 1 man show? That why it give you the wrong idea that statue can do SO work because it is brain dead job.

So why 1 man show? Client cannot afford to pay and agency quote according to clients 'want' rather then 'need' cause agency did not dare to give a real quote base on their site assessment. Clients are not trained and if agency quote 60 SOs for 2 shift, you think clients will pay or will say agency do not know their job and anyhow quote?

cz287cj

Reaction score
I would say that because the management, senior officers and even the hr does not care about the well being of their staff. They only expect you to slave for them while paying low wages.

They are more concern with their own kpi than you.
All the talk and no action type of senior officers worth workng for them?

wanfreak

Reaction score

Bro...hr ask to report on 4th june right?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.