Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

wiz

Reaction score
Thanks, yes Karl and team does very well with their advert on IG. Do you size up half from Enzo’s?

Yeah I have a couple of Vass. I think they’re really well constructed, attractive shoes and there is a fantastic MTO programme (Ascot Shoes does a fantastic job with publicity). They are generally pricier than Enzos though, at least in my experience. The Vass lasts are also really beautiful, as many people will tell you. I’m more partial to Vass mainly because Enzos don’t fit my feet that well.

nkapped

Reaction score
It’s a bit more complicated than that because I wear different sizes in different lasts. Best if you ask one of the retailers directly for advice. But I actually size down by half for Vass compared to my regular size (at least on the U and K lasts).

Thanks, yes Karl and team does very well with their advert on IG. Do you size up half from Enzo’s?

wiz

Reaction score
The perils of online shopping :)

It’s a bit more complicated than that because I wear different sizes in different lasts. Best if you ask one of the retailers directly for advice. But I actually size down by half for Vass compared to my regular size (at least on the U and K lasts).

jonathanljk

Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendation for size13 wide width? Can’t seem to find any retailers that offers it. Is ed et al MTO worth the $300?

MookieTea

Reaction score
Hello, is it possible to replace the elastic side panels on a pair of chelsea boots locally?

jimbb80

Reaction score
Not sure if i can post this here but assume so since others have done so too.
Looking to sell a pair of black loafers from Mango Mojito size 43 which do not fit too well on me. Was purchased 3 months ago and have only been worn 2-3x.

If interested let me know. Nice slim design, blake stitched and the leather is nice and soft calf skin.

https://mango-mojito.com/products/masterpiece-penny-loafer

arcfire

Master Member
Reaction score
Bumping up for awareness. Anyone keen?

Just running a quick interest check on a MTO that i'm considering:

Maker: Enzo Bonafe (through Seamless)

Type: Chukka (I'm open to the possibility of this being a wholecut chukka)

Last: Tentatively 946 or similar (up for suggestions)

Welt: norvegese

Sole: single leather with vibram/topy

Leather: Plum museum or claret museum

Others: Braided laces

Would anyone be keen in this?

wiz

Reaction score
Thanks!
74945 UK6 fits well, 946 UK6 too tight on the toes..

@wiz, are you a UK6.5 for most Enzo lasts? I'm a UK6.5 for most EB except 804. And I wear a EUR40.5 for U last and EUR40 for F last.

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure any of you been to this shop at Taka... the shoes design looks decent but tried two of them didn’t like the feel.... this brand is confusing with combined of Japan and Indonesia origin .,.? So is japan or Indonesia ??? The price is reasonable for the GYW shoes with the design.

4TVoKTp.jpg

lw7U2BF.jpg

jOxTwfh.jpg

wiz

Reaction score
Saw this shop early this year and went in to take a look. This is a Jap brand and shoes made in Indonesia. Did not like the finishing and last + the sales people was not able to provide more information. I think the Spainish makers offer more value and perhaps even some of the locals.

Not sure any of you been to this shop at Taka... the shoes design looks decent but tried two of them didn’t like the feel.... this brand is confusing with combined of Japan and Indonesia origin .,.? So is japan or Indonesia ??? The price is reasonable for the GYW shoes with the design.

4TVoKTp.jpg

lw7U2BF.jpg

jOxTwfh.jpg

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
am into monk shoes too..think its a different class for work / business wears.

the price look decent...most are in the range of $300 and above at takashimaya or tangs.

can try it. alternatively for a cheaper option, try taobao.
:D

There was a mayday promotion but I needed to go and check out the size .... Anyway I got time will go see... Going tabao to buy shoes is too despo for me :s22:

Wishdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for less than $100?

Sent from Ilovennp using GAGT

jonathanljk

Reaction score
anyone looking to buy accessories from robinsonsshoes? currently at 162.50gbp and need to reach 199gbp for free shipping!

Last edited:

thltetek

Reaction score
Saw this shop early this year and went in to take a look. This is a Jap brand and shoes made in Indonesia. Did not like the finishing and last + the sales people was not able to provide more information. I think the Spainish makers offer more value and perhaps even some of the locals.

Went to see in person over the weekend. The lasts and designs don't really look good in person. The leather seems similar to those from Vietnam makers. Any idea where they source their leather from?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.