Recommendation On Wireless Headphone

SuperMario91

Reaction score
Dear guys,

Currently i have a audio technica ATH M50X headphone and plenty reviews always said that it's a bass headphone.

However, when i was put on i find that the headphone bass is not enough.

Chances of using it is usually on my iPhone 6s.

Hence, now i want to look for a headphone that is wireless with good bass.

I saw a few models and brands.
Audio Technica ATH-WS990BT
Audio Technica ATH-WS660BT
Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC

If you all have other recommendations do recommend me or my research brands and models which are good.

Thank you!

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Dear guys,

Currently i have a audio technica ATH M50X headphone and plenty reviews always said that it's a bass headphone.

However, when i was put on i find that the headphone bass is not enough.

Chances of using it is usually on my iPhone 6s.

Hence, now i want to look for a headphone that is wireless with good bass.

I saw a few models and brands.
Audio Technica ATH-WS990BT
Audio Technica ATH-WS660BT
Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC

If you all have other recommendations do recommend me or my research brands and models which are good.

Thank you!

Sony MDR-XB950N1

A lot of bass even without the bass mode on. I still have the older version without the ANC. I also own the ATH-M50X... The XB950 has much more punchier/fuller bass without sacrificing the mids and highs. compared to M50X, the XB850 has not as high treble but 2 times the bass.

SuperMario91

Reaction score
Sony MDR-XB950N1

A lot of bass even without the bass mode on. I still have the older version without the ANC. I also own the ATH-M50X... The XB950 has much more punchier/fuller bass without sacrificing the mids and highs. compared to M50X, the XB850 has not as high treble but 2 times the bass.

So the three models i posted are not that good compare to sony?

Rather than sony is there other brand or model?

seoulez

Reaction score
This one can?
sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-black

sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-gold

sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-platinum

Last edited:

SuperMario91

Reaction score
This one can?
sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-black

sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-gold

sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-platinum

Not really looking in creative brand.

Others?

Psycovirus

Reaction score
So the three models i posted are not that good compare to sony?

Rather than sony is there other brand or model?

I have moved onto Sony WH-1000mx2 ANC headphones, the sound signature is totally flat which will not suit your taste.

I have not tried any of the Audio Technica wireless headphones but AT's sound signature is usually flat/thin in bass department.

I feel Sennheiser wired open-back headphones are where they're good at. Never tried their wireless range yet.

Best would be to go to a shop like Sim Lim Square's headphone cafe Zeppelin & Co. or Stereo and try them out to find the sound signature you want.

SuperMario91

Reaction score
I have moved onto Sony WH-1000mx2 ANC headphones, the sound signature is totally flat which will not suit your taste.

I have not tried any of the Audio Technica wireless headphones but AT's sound signature is usually flat/thin in bass department.

I feel Sennheiser wired open-back headphones are where they're good at. Never tried their wireless range yet.

Best would be to go to a shop like Sim Lim Square's headphone cafe Zeppelin & Co. or Stereo and try them out to find the sound signature you want.

Okay! Will go Sim Lim Square and Stereo to take a look.

However, there is no recommendation from you?

Dhitto

Reaction score
Have not tried any of those on the list. So can't say what expect to be ' sufficient' bass.

However, I have a pair of the Bluedio T5 wireless bluetooth headsets. I do think it has fairly decent levels of bass that is also pretty well controlled. Its really new on the market, so it will be hard to find any reviews on it.

If I compare to my Massdrop HD6XX, saying that as 5 for bass, this one is about 7~7.5 out of a scale of 10 for bass levels that don't overpower the rest of the frequency range. Also, it responds very well to equaliser adjustments when I play it using Foobar2000 on my laptop.

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have probably tried every 'flagship' wireless headphones except for parrot zik. The best imho is the b&o h9i. Removable battery and earcups means it's gonna last a long time

SuperMario91

Reaction score
Have probably tried every 'flagship' wireless headphones except for parrot zik. The best imho is the b&o h9i. Removable battery and earcups means it's gonna last a long time

But sound quality?

I don't need a 10 out of 10 in bass but just something like 7.5-8.5 out of 10 in bass and not affect other frequency. :s13:

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel it’s the best. But then I discounted Sony cause of shitty build quality

Psycovirus

Reaction score
But is Sony song quality good?

Sony sound quality is good but not much bass.

Sennheiser flagship store at Marina Square is having a renovation sale until 13th May.

Their PCX550 is having a discount, $429 was the requested price.

If i remember correctly, 4.50 BTNC is at $179? something like that.

I compared PCX 550 with my Sony wh-1000mx2. The PCX 550 has much more bass and feels more comfortable.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.