Question about Malacca

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow 1 hour walk? so far ma. i see the map doesn't look so far:(

I googled and map said 44 mins.

There's also Bus 17 that you can take, but I'd just Grab, unless you've lots of time to spare and just want to take a stroll or something.

Nemesis Alien

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since you're heading straight to Equatorial with Luxury, you can Grab to Melaka Sentral to return with 707.

Not that far and pretty easy to do that, actually.

You take grab go drop off poi t hor, don't go the other side where all the taxi lao gui ar hor... their carrot worse then amdk kkj...

Nemesis Alien

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I googled and map said 44 mins.

There's also Bus 17 that you can take, but I'd just Grab, unless you've lots of time to spare and just want to take a stroll or something.

Walk :s13: Malaysia :s13:
You want to genna news right :s13:

Malaysia a lot of places not linked hor, not like sg everywhere got pavement hor... wait you end up one of those goondus walk on highway...

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow 1 hour walk? so far ma. i see the map doesn't look so far:(

i wouldn't walk but feel free to try walking there and share your experience. rem to bring a big bottle of water before u start walking.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't walk but feel free to try walking there and share your experience. rem to bring a big bottle of water before u start walking.

Ditto. Grab is economical (I won't say taxi is expensive given the exchange rate), so I'd just get it over and done with, instead of roaming their streets when target is to catch a bus to travel home.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ditto. Grab is economical (I won't say taxi is expensive given the exchange rate), so I'd just get it over and done with, instead of roaming their streets when target is to catch a bus to travel home.

ya... just take grab. no point walking cos it is hot and tiring...

but it sounds strange. the coach drops him off at equitorial hotel. but when going back, he has to go to sentral to take a coach back. i thought it would be easier for commuters if the same drop off and pick up area is at the same place...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya... just take grab. no point walking cos it is hot and tiring...

but it sounds strange. the coach drops him off at equitorial hotel. but when going back, he has to go to sentral to take a coach back. i thought it would be easier for commuters if the same drop off and pick up area is at the same place...
He's going with Luxury coach which AFAIK, doesn't sell return tix in Melaka, so the MLK-SIN fare will be in SGD. He's returning with 707, as he's mentioned earlier, and I guess he's going to Sentral to get his own tix.

I traveled with Luxury for Melaka after discovering their office is near home and yes, bought 2-way tix before the trip.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He's going with Luxury coach which AFAIK, doesn't sell return tix in Melaka, so the MLK-SIN fare will be in SGD. He's returning with 707, as he's mentioned earlier, and I guess he's going to Sentral to get his own tix.

I traveled with Luxury for Melaka after discovering their office is near home and yes, bought 2-way tix before the trip.

oh got it... so it's one way tix from diff companies... ok... :(

he should consider driving up. or rent a car and drive up. can go more places for cheap n nice food.

Nemesis Alien

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It's not taxi is expensive, is you open your mouth they know you foreigner and charge x3 or x5, summore no meter...

Then parking out right they say you pay, if local out right sure genna **** up down left right centre...

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh got it... so it's one way tix from diff companies... ok... :(

he should consider driving up. or rent a car and drive up. can go more places for cheap n nice food.

Ya, having your own transport will make it more fun and convenient. But not everyone has that luxury... so I rely on Luxury to get me there, Grab to get me to further spots, then walk around the nearer ones. :o

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, having your own transport will make it more fun and convenient. But not everyone has that luxury... so I rely on Luxury to get me there, Grab to get me to further spots, then walk around the nearer ones. :o

Ya... more convenient... can go anywhere and any time u like...

Ever met a couple who rented a car from jb and drove up. I think its rm50 a day.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Ya... more convenient... can go anywhere and any time u like...

Ever met a couple who rented a car from jb and drove up. I think its rm50 a day.

RM50 a day? or SGD50? PM me if you have details of the former.

lugia88

Reaction score
hi guys need some help traveling to malacca on 27th May, there is a champions league final ... do they have live TV (astro supersport) in any hotel rooms?

recommend any hotel to me pls, coz travelling with infant .. hard to go out .

scw1604

Reaction score
I was wondering about the same, champions league final on the morning of 27th May, where to watch? Will be staying at Equatorial Hotel... 🤔

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I was wondering about the same, champions league final on the morning of 27th May, where to watch? Will be staying at Equatorial Hotel... ��

Call the hotel. Pubs at Mahkota Parade or Pahlawan or even the hotel lounge.

Last edited:

Nemesis Alien

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys need some help traveling to malacca on 27th May, there is a champions league final ... do they have live TV (astro supersport) in any hotel rooms?

recommend any hotel to me pls, coz travelling with infant .. hard to go out .

I was wondering about the same, champions league final on the morning of 27th May, where to watch? Will be staying at Equatorial Hotel... 🤔

Call the hotel. Pubs are Mahkota Parade or Pahlawan or even the hotel lounge.

Hotel lounge from experience no sound, hotel room... well most hotels seem to have the concept of less cable means save money, from experience you get most of the free malaysia channels, bbc, fox movies, 1 sports, 1 jippun, then the rest depends liao... Oh and 3 music channels, sound only...

I remember once soccer fever

Had this huge outdoor screen, like cinema like that, its a hawker centre btw, out door screening.

scw1604

Reaction score
[/QUOTE] Had this huge outdoor screen, like cinema like that, its a hawker centre btw, out door screening.[/QUOTE]

Thank you will check it out during the day 😉

Nemesis Alien

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had this huge outdoor screen, like cinema like that, its a hawker centre btw, out door screening.[/QUOTE]

Thank you will check it out during the day 😉[/QUOTE]

Day time cannot see sh1t lea, try dinner time... Opposite emperor hotel...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.