booking Hotels via Agoda, Booking, Hotels, Expedia... pay in SGD or the country currency

kuro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need help!

Booked a few hotels for my trip.

For Agoda, the price shown was in SGD, thus they will be charging me in SGD though the country I will be staying in is using Euro.

I think DCC fee for Credit Card was applied.

Am I right to say that I should had chosen the price to show in Euro so I will be charged in Euro instead of SGD?

:(

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
using OTA such as Agoda, pay in SGD is the correct choice if you are paying by credit card.

did u choose Pay Now or Pay Later option ? Eventual price will fluctuate due to FX if Pay Later is chosen

if u have chosen EUR to pay later in CASH at the hotel, then it does not matter. But if u choose EUR and pay using CC, the FX will be quite bad.

From recent bookings, Agoda DOES NOT attract DCC.

Expedia have DCC.
However, recent booking using CIMB did not have DCC. Dont know why.
Another booking using DBS CC, kena DCC.

Last edited:

Tiger9119

Reaction score
Need help!

Booked a few hotels for my trip.

For Agoda, the price shown was in SGD, thus they will be charging me in SGD though the country I will be staying in is using Euro.

I think DCC fee for Credit Card was applied.

Am I right to say that I should had chosen the price to show in Euro so I will be charged in Euro instead of SGD?

:(

Check the exchange rate use by the OTAs first, most of the time, the exchange rates used are just horrible. Sometimes, the rates can be SGD1.40 to 1USD.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.