[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickyboi

Reaction score
hey guys, need some advice

a few months ago i dropped several MTS into my tank and i saw my dwarf puffers whack them almost immediately. I assumed all of them died as their shells remained there like for eternity across a few days without moving so i cleared them out.

but just across the weekend, i saw the shell of a huge MTS out of nowhere! just to be clear i havent bought any new plants or introduced anything new to the tank except for 2 siamese algae eaters.

now i'm worried that below my gravel is an entire community of MTS waiting to break out.

what can i do to draw them out for my puffers to whack. it was a real shock to see a huge MTS and I read that they are prolific breeders.

any advice appreciated

Pyro77

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

a few months ago i dropped several MTS into my tank and i saw my dwarf puffers whack them almost immediately. I assumed all of them died as their shells remained there like for eternity across a few days without moving so i cleared them out.

but just across the weekend, i saw the shell of a huge MTS out of nowhere! just to be clear i havent bought any new plants or introduced anything new to the tank except for 2 siamese algae eaters.

now i'm worried that below my gravel is an entire community of MTS waiting to break out.

what can i do to draw them out for my puffers to whack. it was a real shock to see a huge MTS and I read that they are prolific breeders.

any advice appreciated

Just wait lor, if they pop out, free buffet for your puffer :s13:

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score

any advice appreciated

one way to catch snails is use a plastic bottle and poke some holes big enough for the snails to get in. put some vege inside and leave it over night.
next day, it should be filled with snails if there is any.

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

any advice appreciated

Pufferfish and snails can't be in the same tank the puffer will eat all the snails, some hobbyist will use puffer to clear snails infestation

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My 2 tanks.

Had some thoughts of doing a rescape of the bigger tank. But having 2nd thoughts too when I envisioned the kind of big mess when the substrate is disturbed. :o:s22:
Wow very nice. :o

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samurai gourami

It’s the season again. 😍

Used to kept them and see them flare
Oh...just got 2 last weekend...just trying out. Seems they are a little more territorial than the chocolates and do try to nib at the chocolates if it comes too close.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah they are pretty territorial and picky towards dried food

Oh...just got 2 last weekend...just trying out. Seems they are a little more territorial than the chocolates and do try to nib at the chocolates if it comes too close.

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am i the only few that hate picky eater? Need to spend a lot of time pellets train the fishes. :vijayadmin:

Jordan

Master Member
Reaction score
Same loh. Some human beings like myself also don't like instant noodles or canned foods, and would rather eat real meat :D

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

unicr0ne

Banned
Reaction score
過路稻草人™;114241633 said:
the AQ issues with shrimp can be better handle if everyone learn to manage expectations and also learn to psot fitting description and also much clearer disclaimer. amid the outburst of several incidents it is still much more pleasant then the other one.

Agree with you that popularity have somewhat ballooned up their demands on how much participation a user must rior to be allow to use their platform, the act of arm twisting tactics to augment user to post, contribute (*be it their time and effort in posting[ not important] , helping out as volunteer during their events [conveniently forget and having to search database and proof that indeed attended and helped out] , buying memorabilia e.g their table top book and lastly Paying member.

Making monetary contributions is still acceptable as the maintenance and upkeep of the platform needed funds, but to make it mandatory to justify contributions or participation for granted permission over buysell posting rights becomes over the top.

The number started to dwindle as quite a faction breaks away to form the Arotalk , and it always make me laff when i see same nick user posting double thread in both of the platform asking for comments.

The real issue begun like you say when the moderating team starts to assert their view upon others how and what can be posted and along certain red tapes or whip. Was it Spakase that banned you and was subsequently vacates his position?

a hobby should be stress free, forever learning and sharing with like minded fellow fishkeepers. And not subject to needing to gain approval from old guards or senior, whom may or may not have genuine interests in seeing u succeed in this hobby. or to partake in a place reeks of tyranny fascism.
u breed aro before?

can teach how to breed xback? and also is xback breeding same as red breeding?

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same loh. Some human beings like myself also don't like instant noodles or canned foods, and would rather eat real meat :D

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

High-grade pellets wor 500G $36 i will soak in vitamin $20, my previous Arowana love it i will buy it twice per month.

i know it's not much but that's my current budget.

if budget higher i will feed prawns.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My current is either live or mp
Anything else refused , he hungry he take it out on other tank mates -.-

So I gave up

Ya lor, my Arowana starve for 2month still don't eat pellets. :(

end up feeding dried krill, no time to go pet store to bring live foods

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prawn much cheaper lol

High-grade pellets wor 500G $36 i will soak in vitamin $20, my previous Arowana love it i will buy it twice per month.

i know it's not much but that's my current budget.

if budget higher i will feed prawns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.