Need help in London, i might be able to help you

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
Hi ,

as I am first timer in London, which hotel will you recommend from the list below, thanks.

Hub By Premier Inn Westminster
Hub by Premier Inn WestMinster St James Park
Premier Inn WaterLoo

Or any other recommendations which is below SGD250 per night ?

Thanks for help.

Basically I have narrow down my area to stay to be at Westminster or Waterloo as it is quite central to most attractions.

Need not stay near Central, hotels slightly away from attractions cost much less, bayswater, paddington is a decent place to stay which is 10mins away from oxford street and beside Hyde park. Search for 3 stars and they are good enough which come with free breakfast and wifi in room and personal bathroom.

London house hotel or Phoenix hotel can try

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
London pass if you can squeeze all attractions in a day which mean touch and go. 2 for 1 is cheaper but deals limited might not be what you want to visit. Don’t forget about transport

For my last trip in Sep 2017 I just go for 2 for 1 and search Groupon uk for deals such as afternoon tea, day trip to Windsor, bath, Salisbury, Stonehenge and more

And also, do you guys for the 2for1 deals or London pass ? Thanks.

Kevin10

Master Member
Reaction score
Need not stay near Central, hotels slightly away from attractions cost much less, bayswater, paddington is a decent place to stay which is 10mins away from oxford street and beside Hyde park. Search for 3 stars and they are good enough which come with free breakfast and wifi in room and personal bathroom.

London house hotel or Phoenix hotel can try

Many thanks for your kind replies and recommendations, I have checked out Londonhouse/Phoenix, price is about the same as Westminster options, maybe I check out others around that area first to gauge.

Due to Westminster area is all walkable distance to those attractions, thus why my decision is on that area. haha.

London pass if you can squeeze all attractions in a day which mean touch and go. 2 for 1 is cheaper but deals limited might not be what you want to visit. Don’t forget about transport

For my last trip in Sep 2017 I just go for 2 for 1 and search Groupon uk for deals such as afternoon tea, day trip to Windsor, bath, Salisbury, Stonehenge and more

Many thanks. Will workout the sums before decision on which to go for. Due to the different card to purchase for whichever deal I wanna go for, is quite headache. :s13::s13:

Like Travelcard for 2for1 and Oyster card is tgt with London pass.

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
Many thanks for your kind replies and recommendations, I have checked out Londonhouse/Phoenix, price is about the same as Westminster options, maybe I check out others around that area first to gauge.

Due to Westminster area is all walkable distance to those attractions, thus why my decision is on that area. haha.

Many thanks. Will workout the sums before decision on which to go for. Due to the different card to purchase for whichever deal I wanna go for, is quite headache. :s13::s13:

Like Travelcard for 2for1 and Oyster card is tgt with London pass.

For hotel you can try using expedia UK and Singapore. There's a price different and hotel too.

As for transport, just use oyster card, there's a cap for the day even you travel very far same as their buses

Kevin10

Master Member
Reaction score
For hotel you can try using expedia UK and Singapore. There's a price different and hotel too.

As for transport, just use oyster card, there's a cap for the day even you travel very far same as their buses

Noted with that. For your recommendation of near Oxford street, is it more for shopping ? As me and my wife will be more on sightseeing instead of shopping. Thanks.

Edited: After scanning thru the maps and also the tubes stations, yeah, Bayswater is another location to be considered , thanks. Moreover near to Gold Mine. haha

Edited: Booked 1 room from below hotel , hopefully is good.

Park Grand London Lancaster Gate

Many thanks tokyofanboi for your advices. appreciated.

Last edited:

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
Noted with that. For your recommendation of near Oxford street, is it more for shopping ? As me and my wife will be more on sightseeing instead of shopping. Thanks.

Edited: After scanning thru the maps and also the tubes stations, yeah, Bayswater is another location to be considered , thanks. Moreover near to Gold Mine. haha

Found 1 and most likely booking it:

Park Grand London Lancaster Gate

Oxford street is more for shopping, shopping is part of the culture and from there is walking distance to convent garden, leicester square, Piccadilly circle, charing cross, national gallery, big ben, buckingham palace, natural history museum and etc

Lancaster gate is good but not near to tube especially if you have lots of luggages to move around, if not next choice will be paddington or south kensington, earl courts area

Kevin10

Master Member
Reaction score
Oxford street is more for shopping, shopping is part of the culture and from there is walking distance to convent garden, leicester square, Piccadilly circle, charing cross, national gallery, big ben, buckingham palace, natural history museum and etc

Lancaster gate is good but not near to tube especially if you have lots of luggages to move around, if not next choice will be paddington or south kensington, earl courts area

Thanks bro. Really appreciate your kind advices. :):)

outernet

Reaction score
Is there any branded factory outlet at London?
If there is, is it cheaper to buy these luxury products at London or Paris?

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
Is there any branded factory outlet at London?
If there is, is it cheaper to buy these luxury products at London or Paris?

There is one at Wembley "London Designer Outlet" but not the high end type. for high end best to visit bicester village which is about 45mins away by train from marylebone station.

Whether is cheaper or not, it depends what you looking for

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I booked 1 of the airbnb in London,very surprised that it is cheaper than airbnb in sg...

For 3 nights,I'm paying for $300.. I believe there r cheaper rooms out there in London... Average $70-$100 per night...

rVn_mUfC

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any good money changer in London? Looking to change excess pound to euro as I m visiting Paris and Munich after that.

orangemonkey88

Reaction score
Any good money changer in London? Looking to change excess pound to euro as I m visiting Paris and Munich after that.

I like to change at covent garden money changer. Their rates are very competitive. Dont change in a bank or post office.

https://www.coventgardenfx.com/en/exchange-rates

Alternatively, the other good places to change will be at queensway or chinatown, theres'a few money changers around there can walk around and find the best rate.

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning to get a prada wallet from London. Should I get it from the airport or at the prada boutiques? Are there limited designs at the airport?

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to get refund?

What's the must buy stuff in London? can be food, men clothing, accesories etc.

jimboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Experts,

May I know the best way to get to Stansted airport from London Victoria area? Just booked a Ryanair flight next month from London to Porto. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.