 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Realised the hit rate on the bus is poor too and also depends on which card reader is on the bus. The newer ones (large screen) are better hit rates whereas the older ones (non coloured lcd) confirm will fail... at least for my case la. No issues with the mrt gantries.

since u have no issue on mrt, would like to know how u tap your iphone on mrt?
tap at the reader center or just simply tap anyway? do u leave 1-2cm gap or just touch in contact with reader?

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
No gap.... jus aim for the center at the top of my iphone. I realised that if you aim the top and slowly “bua” downwards you might actually get a hit. Both on the mrt and bus.

since u have no issue on mrt, would like to know how u tap your iphone on mrt?
tap at the reader center or just simply tap anyway? do u leave 1-2cm gap or just touch in contact with reader?

Dingding6

Reaction score
Did any of you notice that, if a particular tap with earmarked $0.1.....the tap is much smoother, while the rest like whack-a-mole?

or am i just imagining:s22:

Dingding6

Reaction score
Hahah 0.1c is service charge make u tap smoothtap? Hahahhah

:s13:

Yesterday I was trying tapping with phone, the only fast and no issue, no brainier tap is the tap that have earmarked one. The rest is like very not reliable.

Today try again with phone, cannot read, then switch to my watch, dafug my watch success rate is higher.

Of course that particular watch tap is also earmarked...... So need to try more...

Montoya

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have noticed that some fare gantries will still show as failed exit even when phone registers it as a successful transaction

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
No gap.... jus aim for the center at the top of my iphone. I realised that if you aim the top and slowly “bua” downwards you might actually get a hit. Both on the mrt and bus.

but the mrt reader is not rectangular, not sure where is the center point.
i feel that for mrt if tap upper part of the reader, the response is slower but successful rate is high.
ever since i aim at the card logo area (slightly lower part of the reader), the response is faster but always get card failed red light.

seems like the card logo area may be the focus point with stronger signal, but the data rate too fast and the reader firmware currently not able to handle it.
tap at the upper part the data rate is slow, and sometimes no response need to move a bit, but successful rate is high. i think this is similar to what u mentioned to aim at top and slowly bua downwards.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
have noticed that some fare gantries will still show as failed exit even when phone registers it as a successful transaction

this is a misconception. the iphone shows a tick means the card info is transmitted successfully. it does not mean the transaction is approved.
the reader (and receipt) will show u the final result whether the transaction is approved.
that's why when u pay at merchant, u can't run away immediately after u get a tick. the cashier will tell u to wait for the receipt.

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Today took bus, tick showed on my phone, but the reader didnt capture it. Had to move one side and let others board. Bus driver kao beh me and tot i trying to evade fare ! Wtf...... i dont wanna trial anymore. Back to traditional card. Since circles giving 100mb for every 10days of travel on the ezlink card.

but the mrt reader is not rectangular, not sure where is the center point.
i feel that for mrt if tap upper part of the reader, the response is slower but successful rate is high.
ever since i aim at the card logo area (slightly lower part of the reader), the response is faster but always get card failed red light.

seems like the card logo area may be the focus point with stronger signal, but the data rate too fast and the reader firmware currently not able to handle it.
tap at the upper part the data rate is slow, and sometimes no response need to move a bit, but successful rate is high. i think this is similar to what u mentioned to aim at top and slowly bua downwards.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Today took bus, tick showed on my phone, but the reader didnt capture it. Had to move one side and let others board. Bus driver kao beh me and tot i trying to evade fare ! Wtf...... i dont wanna trial anymore. Back to traditional card. Since circles giving 100mb for every 10days of travel on the ezlink card.

many of us have already stopped using abt mobile trial. totally not ready for use.
the problem is if u get red light card error on a reader, it will always error on that reader and can't recover. u need to change to another reader.
at least the reader should recover and 2nd or 3rd tap can be successful.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
They invited you or you own self go trial one? Lol..

i think this trial is more suitable for tech geeks who are very adventurous. not suitable for their family and friends. they may get a shock and afraid of using mobile payment in future.

datalock

Reaction score
many of us have already stopped using abt mobile trial. totally not ready for use.
the problem is if u get red light card error on a reader, it will always error on that reader and can't recover. u need to change to another reader.
at least the reader should recover and 2nd or 3rd tap can be successful.

Agree system is not ready for mobile. Will not be part of the trial anymore. It’s too stressful.

Montoya

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is a misconception. the iphone shows a tick means the card info is transmitted successfully. it does not mean the transaction is approved.
the reader (and receipt) will show u the final result whether the transaction is approved.
that's why when u pay at merchant, u can't run away immediately after u get a tick. the cashier will tell u to wait for the receipt.

but for ABT i suppose the system only reads the card ID. System is only supposed to match against entry / exit to calculate the fare.

Dingding6

Reaction score

tick shows card info is transmitted, but not necessary correct card info.

when i try tap on the MRT topup machine, my device show tick or payment completed, but once in a while, i will get some weird bank something very long description not supported , Not the Bank card not supported or Bank card supported.

the approval thing only applicable for retail, because they need to verify the token.

ABT only need to match the credit card number, as the personnel that register your device i think is using cheap NFC reader, even that i feel is much more functional than the MRT or Bus reader

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.