Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

doomgaze86

Reaction score
Can't comment much on the codecs. For me when I was out and about, I can't fully appreciate the "nice-ness" of the sound quality (and don't need to). Cos of the environment, the need to hear ambient noise for safety, etc..

Personally, to appreciate the quality of the sound, I have dedicated pairs of headphones/IEMs.

Sorry, can't help much. But I do suggest to go try out the earbuds.

Thanks for your help. I'll probably head down to Stereo one of these days to demo the ones I've shortlisted/ask for other recommendations.

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine still no sound no picture.

had a listen to it this morning while commuting
i have problems with a perfect seal and the "hook" doesn't seem to work for me. i tried changing to my usual foam tips but the drop off too easily from the buds (they are oval in shape not the typical round)

the fancy case has a button which pops the top cover and slide open to reveal the buds. once taken out, auto pairing starts between the buds and your device should see it too. Pairing is ease.

1st thing i notice, they are soft. using my beatX, i could get loud enough music with about 5 steps vol on my iphone. but with this, i need to go about 12 steps to get similar loudness. My xiaomi BT adapter goes about 4 steps to get the same loudness.

played a track on spotify by infected mushroom. For bass lovers, you will love this sound. its bass is punchy without being muddy and its not over to cover most of the details. but overall sound a little muffled.

next i use the apple music player and played a apple lossless track.
The theme song from Laputa: Castle in the Sky.
Was quite surprise in the details in brings out in this song. all the instruments can be heard clearly with good clarity. I find that it still lacks alittle in the highs.

throughout my journey, connection was stable. had the phone in my pocket, boarded the bus, no interruptions from the scanners etc.

the good thing i like about it is that the led doesn't blink when you are playing music (which i find most distracting in most TWE). they only blink during pairing and connecting and stop once music is playing.

the buds sits magnetically in the charging case. so chances of dropping out is slim. 4 leds in the front of the charging case to indicate charge level with 25% per LED. no way to tell charge on buds though.

lastly i find them good for the price. its a little big for some and doesn't sit in the ears like the sony or jabra for example. they stood out a fair bit. AQ wise acceptable for most genre from Spotify. carrying case is also somewhat big, its round in shape and has a carbon fiber look on the top.

musicsg_com

Reaction score
Ah sorry, forgot to mention, most of my hiking is done in urban areas and I usually bring a backpack with me so I think putting it back in the case when not in use shouldn't be too big a deal LOL. The Elite Sport was one of my top choices, but the one thing stopping me was the existence of the Elite Active 65T.

Also, regarding codecs, is it a big deal that the Jabras don't have AptX? I'm running a Samsung S9+ which means the Icon X can use the Scalable Codec IIRC.

So far all the Jabra headsets I reviewed (Sport Pulse, Elite Sport, Elite 65t) have good audio transmission unaffected by the codec. The IconX scalable codec is only compatible with Samsung devices, when paired with other phones, the IconX falls back to SBC.

I would choose Elite Active if I don't care about the ruggedness, if I prefer a more comfortable earfit, and if I don't need the heartrate monitor. The Elite Sport has better bass compared to Elite 65t, which I assume Elite Active will be based on.

MouMandai

Master Member
Reaction score
After updating to 5.6.0 for my E8, I experienced cutoff/drop this morning when I went running.

Never experienced before the cutoff/drop (prior to updating the firmware yesterday).

Same route, similar run times.

Sian.

Is the 5.6.0 update for iOS?

I'm using Android, and my E8 is still on 5.4.0. :o

em1812

Reaction score
got my PaMu wireless earbuds today
NWByUUx.jpg

charging up.

will post review probably tomorrow
I got my PaMu earbuds last week (ordered after I read about them here) and have been using it for a couple of days. Sound quality is a lot better than I expected considering their price and I find the fit quite good for my ears. Pairing with my iPod touch was easy peasy, and it connects perfectly every time.

But it's my first time using wireless earbuds (I've been using the bluetooth version of the Shure SE215) so there are some things I'm still getting used to. For one, there's no volume control, which can be a little irritating at times. And the play/pause controls on the earbud are veeeery sensitive so there have been times that I accidentally pause my track when I'm tying my hair back or something. And the one thing I find most inconvenient is being forced to take one out and hold on to it while trying to speak to someone while my music is playing. Usually with normal/wireless earphones I can either lower the volume or just take one side out and let the earphones hang around my neck, but not with these. But I guess that's something I have to learn to get used to doing with wireless earbuds.

In any case, I can't remember whose post on the thread "inspired" me to order the PaMu but thank you! I reckon it's money well spent. :D

dereth

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the Jabra Elite Active 65t today. US$189.

Not sure how long I'd have to wait though. Says 1-4 weeks for stock availability.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the Jabra Elite Active 65t today. US$189.

Not sure how long I'd have to wait though. Says 1-4 weeks for stock availability.
is the warranty international?

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nah, don't think so. It's ordered from Amazon.
u willing to sacrifice the warranty just for like $30 cheaper?

Just check..after converted..u pay 253++ ..

But singtel selling 218 only..

t6s6HXAl.png

Last edited:

tskeng

Reaction score

t6s6HXAl.png

I think it's different. Singtel one is not "active".

Jabra Active Elite 65t is new one. Don't know reached Singapore's shore already or not.

Last edited:

dereth

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

t6s6HXAl.png

Did I fail to mention it's the JABRA ELITE ACTIVE 65T?

Sorry about that. What I ordered is the Jabra Elite ACTIVE 65T.

It is NOT the Jabra Elite 65T. I need the ear buds for jogging.

Last edited:

doomgaze86

Reaction score
By the way, thanks for the recommendations. I ended up with the Elite Sports for $275 from Stereo (after they very generously price matched a Lazada listing for me). Very pleased with it so far.

tskeng

Reaction score
By the way, thanks for the recommendations. I ended up with the Elite Sports for $275 from Stereo (after they very generously price matched a Lazada listing for me). Very pleased with it so far.

Congrats!
Remember to register to enjoy longer warranty.

Btw, which stereo did u go?

I was at PS branch at 3:30 for 2 hours. Trying out new stuff. Very shiok.

doomgaze86

Reaction score
Congrats!
Remember to register to enjoy longer warranty.

Btw, which stereo did u go?

I was at PS branch at 3:30 for 2 hours. Trying out new stuff. Very shiok.

Yup did the registration via the app already. I was at the PS branch too but I went around noon yesterday.

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am kinda torn between Jabra Elite 65T and the active version.
Will the active version comes in more colours? The dark blue/copper match kinda weird.
Would the non-active version be suitable for cycling? As in sweatproof.

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am kinda torn between Jabra Elite 65T and the active version.
Will the active version comes in more colours? The dark blue/copper match kinda weird.
Would the non-active version be suitable for cycling? As in sweatproof.

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT
Why not take Jabra elite sport which has hrm?

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got my PaMu earbuds last week (ordered after I read about them here) and have been using it for a couple of days. Sound quality is a lot better than I expected considering their price and I find the fit quite good for my ears. Pairing with my iPod touch was easy peasy, and it connects perfectly every time.

But it's my first time using wireless earbuds (I've been using the bluetooth version of the Shure SE215) so there are some things I'm still getting used to. For one, there's no volume control, which can be a little irritating at times. And the play/pause controls on the earbud are veeeery sensitive so there have been times that I accidentally pause my track when I'm tying my hair back or something. And the one thing I find most inconvenient is being forced to take one out and hold on to it while trying to speak to someone while my music is playing. Usually with normal/wireless earphones I can either lower the volume or just take one side out and let the earphones hang around my neck, but not with these. But I guess that's something I have to learn to get used to doing with wireless earbuds.

In any case, I can't remember whose post on the thread "inspired" me to order the PaMu but thank you! I reckon it's money well spent. :D

i'm getting fit issues. the tips can't seem to create a good seal for me. and using conventional foam tips doesn't seem to hold well as the tip will drop off from the unit itself. Argh!

And i was wrong about the blinking leds. they do stay blinking throughout usage which i hated most. i will probably mark them down with a black marker.

you are spot on with the sensitivity of the touch panels. i have alot of times paused my music while trying to adjust the earbud in my ear.

AQ wise i would say its pretty good for this price point. Just wondering why the volume is so soft compared to others. i have to early max out my iphone volume to get decent noise isolation/cancellation in public especially in commute.

but again at this price point... its really a bargain and i still can live with it.
just hunting for the right tips to get a firm seal would be great.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.