Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

thltetek

Reaction score
Unfortunately being a uk size12 there aren’t much selection in the sale section. Aiming to get the barkers Winsford! 38 pounds from free shipping sigh

Oh is it? I thought usually the extreme sizes will be the one in the sale section?

jonathanljk

Reaction score
Oh is it? I thought usually the extreme sizes will be the one in the sale section?

Perhaps I should have mentioned that on top of being size12, I require G fit shoes due to wide feet haha. May just get a belt to hit the 199gbp requirement

thltetek

Reaction score
Perhaps I should have mentioned that on top of being size12, I require G fit shoes due to wide feet haha. May just get a belt to hit the 199gbp requirement

Ah I see, that's why haha. Sounds great! It's a worth buy anyway for the price.

thatshoeotaku

Reaction score
Went to see in person over the weekend. The lasts and designs don't really look good in person. The leather seems similar to those from Vietnam makers. Any idea where they source their leather from?

This is not a jap brand. Indonesian but their biggest market is probably Japan hence all the materials in Japanese.

Shoes are handwelted despite the goodyear welted sole markings.

Last time i checked big portion of uppers are from Du Puy.

Can't speak much about the quality much but finishing could definitely be better.

thltetek

Reaction score
This is not a jap brand. Indonesian but their biggest market is probably Japan hence all the materials in Japanese.

Shoes are handwelted despite the goodyear welted sole markings.

Last time i checked big portion of uppers are from Du Puy.

Can't speak much about the quality much but finishing could definitely be better.

I see, thanks for the info and explanation. Definitely helps in knowing more about the brand

thltetek

Reaction score
Any bros here participating in The Quarters' GMTO run for Carlos Santos Adelaide in Coimbra Patina? Looks really good, contemplating to join it

wiz

Reaction score
How much is the GMTO? Get them and review please :)

Any bros here participating in The Quarters' GMTO run for Carlos Santos Adelaide in Coimbra Patina? Looks really good, contemplating to join it

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wearing it .. it's a steal @ 129.. but subsequent pair, will be cheaper due to coupon n referal.
skE1QLl.jpg

Swiftyz

Reaction score
Not sure any of you been to this shop at Taka... the shoes design looks decent but tried two of them didn’t like the feel.... this brand is confusing with combined of Japan and Indonesia origin .,.? So is japan or Indonesia ??? The price is reasonable for the GYW shoes with the design.

4TVoKTp.jpg

lw7U2BF.jpg

jOxTwfh.jpg

I just purchase one pair from them and their shoe tree for $400. Seems quite decent enough for me. Got a pair of dust bag for free! Compared to departmental stores, think this is good. I like the arch support.

Silverback84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just purchase one pair from them and their shoe tree for $400. Seems quite decent enough for me. Got a pair of dust bag for free! Compared to departmental stores, think this is good. I like the arch support.

Jalan sriwijaya's owner is japanese but the shop is from indo. Very good price for the quality of shoes. Do ask the manager for recommendation. He is the one with the moustache

thatshoeotaku

Reaction score
Jalan sriwijaya's owner is japanese but the shop is from indo. Very good price for the quality of shoes. Do ask the manager for recommendation. He is the one with the moustache

Didn't realise the owner was japanese. Do you know if just the brand or the factory too?

Swiftyz

Reaction score

Yeah he is the one I got it from. He gave me really good recommendations and provided excellent service. It really felt like a goood whole package for me and I was sold.

acefighter

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought saphir stuff from taobao before. Are they legit?

And also i kinda overapplied leather creme on my loake 1880s. Now theres a slightly darker tone to certain parts of the shoe. Can this be corrected?

Thanks!

d4rkw1sH

Reaction score
do you all relace your shoe after buying it or just leave and tie as how it is provided?

also which is the saphir thats usually used for black shoes saw like quite a few different kinds prolly will head down to tangs or something to get for the new shoe

thltetek

Reaction score
do you all relace your shoe after buying it or just leave and tie as how it is provided?

also which is the saphir thats usually used for black shoes saw like quite a few different kinds prolly will head down to tangs or something to get for the new shoe

Relacing of shoes depends on individuals I guess. For me I only do so when I intend to fully condition my shoes.

As for the Saphir products to use for black shoes, you can go for the Saphir Medaille d'Or Creme Polish in Black and the Pate de Luxe Wax Polish in Black. For a basic and essential shoe care routine, it'll be the Saphir Renovateur, Saphir Medaille d'Or Creme Polish and the Pate de Luxe Wax Polish.

Aside from departmental stores like Tangs, you can consider The Quarters too, if you're looking at a better value. They have discount and membership when your purchase hits a minimum of $60.

thltetek

Reaction score
Anyone bought saphir stuff from taobao before. Are they legit?

And also i kinda overapplied leather creme on my loake 1880s. Now theres a slightly darker tone to certain parts of the shoe. Can this be corrected?

Thanks!

Never bought from Taobao before, wouldn't want to ruin my shoes in case they are knock offs. Hmm maybe you can try using the Renomat to strip off the Creme, though it's actually meant to strip off Wax polish instead.

d4rkw1sH

Reaction score
Relacing of shoes depends on individuals I guess. For me I only do so when I intend to fully condition my shoes.

As for the Saphir products to use for black shoes, you can go for the Saphir Medaille d'Or Creme Polish in Black and the Pate de Luxe Wax Polish in Black. For a basic and essential shoe care routine, it'll be the Saphir Renovateur, Saphir Medaille d'Or Creme Polish and the Pate de Luxe Wax Polish.

Aside from departmental stores like Tangs, you can consider The Quarters too, if you're looking at a better value. They have discount and membership when your purchase hits a minimum of $60.

dont think the quarters is a physical store right? tried searching it up dont see one. cause need to polish to use on sat so prolly need to head down to tangs orchard to get doubt vivo has it.

thltetek

Reaction score
dont think the quarters is a physical store right? tried searching it up dont see one. cause need to polish to use on sat so prolly need to head down to tangs orchard to get doubt vivo has it.

Yea, they are based online. They do meet ups/mailing currently. Yup, Tangs Orchard level 3 has, Vivocity one I'm not too sure.

wiz

Reaction score
If you need your shoes to shine for an event and this is the first time you are doing it. Will recommend you get a pro to do it.

It is not as easy as to seems to be and does take quite an effort to get it right, often after many practices to get that mirror shine.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.