NUS ppl lip lai - Part 6

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
Whats the requirement to apply for a second major during your first year in uni? And is it true that it is harder to get a second major for more competitive courses( eg comp sci)?

With a 2nd upper cap, sch will email you to apply after first sem/yr.

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all how is the nus econ course and is the math hard? me scared math. if i enroll into nus fass are there any computing mods offered gem that can teach me to be a programmer?

you are not gonna become a programmer just by taking 1 mod. if you wanna be a decent programmer, minimally get a minor in CS

BooyeahCheese

Reaction score
You'll study 3.5 years if you take normal course load. A typical degree is 160MCs. Most modules in NUS are worth 4MCs. Standard workload per semester here is 20MCs. So 20MCs exemptions = 1 sem.

However, if you plan carefully (i.e. go on summer program and overload), its possible to do it within 3 years.
Question here! What if we don't want to graduate a sem early? Are we able to take less mods per sem, essentially 'stretching' our MCs?

monikernemo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question here! What if we don't want to graduate a sem early? Are we able to take less mods per sem, essentially 'stretching' our MCs?
possible but NUS min workload is 18MC, typical mod is 4MC each so its quite hard to underload properly also.

Alpaca

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rast time used to joke about the idea of having sexam at utown... this Sem tio there sia :mad:

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah piang, 2nd sem is a killer.

The mod I put most time in probably getting C, the mod I spent 2 days studying is the one I'm probably gonna score well in.

nomnomnom

Reaction score
hello everyone! how are you all doing?

realised it has been 3 years since i graduated ahha. miss the times when i was an undergrad!

hope you are all doing well! :)

Alpaca

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cap no drop no rise :o

Really want to thank my project mates for doing a good report :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.