[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I though there would at least be 1 permanent free game every month, oh well.

Both my Vita and PS3 were bought during their respective launch period, so yah have both of them. Will try to use web page to claim all the games for all the systems tonight, though I thought I saw only 1 free game on my PS Vita 2 days ago. Need to check again.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw, still had all 3 versions of the PS3, original phat PS3, PS3 Slim and the one with sliding cover. :)

Though 2 of them aren't working any more.

little_one

Reaction score
i mean if u guys frequently visit PS4 and xboxone reddit u can see telling difference

xboxone reddit front page usually fills with :
- about 30% hardware discussion
- about 10% backward compatibility ( usually that obscure 360 title )
- about 20% non-game app discussion , like : OMG EDGE UI IS SO GUUD , OMG LOOK AT FEATURE MICROSOFT JUST ADD , OMG XBOX LIVE GAMEPASS IS SO DAMN GUD
- about 40% games discussion they currently played / wants to play ( almost all is third party )

PS4 reddit front page usually fills with :
- about 70% discussion of popular games they currently played / wants to play
- about 20% non-game app discussion
- about 10% hardware discussion

xbox user more often discuss things about hardware , backward compatibility , features in xbox operating system , xbox gamepass etc . while PS user u rarely see them discuss hardware , PS operating system or PS plus , most of them discuss games they currently played

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i mean if u guys frequently visit PS4 and xboxone reddit u can see telling difference

xboxone reddit front page usually fills with :
- about 30% hardware discussion
- about 10% backward compatibility ( usually that obscure 360 title )
- about 20% non-game app discussion , like : OMG EDGE UI IS SO GUUD , OMG LOOK AT FEATURE MICROSOFT JUST ADD , OMG XBOX LIVE GAMEPASS IS SO DAMN GUD
- about 40% games discussion they currently played / wants to play ( almost all is third party )

PS4 reddit front page usually fills with :
- about 70% discussion of popular games they currently played / wants to play
- about 20% non-game app discussion
- about 10% hardware discussion

xbox user more often discuss things about hardware , backward compatibility , features in xbox operating system , xbox gamepass etc . while PS user u rarely see them discuss hardware , PS operating system or PS plus , most of them discuss games they currently played

So, is this considered as good or bad for both PS4 and Xbox?

little_one

Reaction score
So, is this considered as good or bad for both PS4 and Xbox?

honestly in this days and age i wager most people can easily own multiple platform , so it doesnt really matter whether PS4 better or xbox better u can just buy them both

but if the narrative that PS4 is the last bastion of single player narrative focus experience is true then i hope PS4 wins this generation

i tired of seeing games like GTA 5 single player become abandoned for GTA online and its shark cards

im tired of seeing games like Tekken , Gran turismo , street fighter have less single player content in favor of esports

im tired company like valve and blizzard who make great classic like half life , Warcraft , starcraft now only make Games as a service ala overwatch , artifact , hearthstone etc

TLDR whoever on the side of single player narrative focus game gets my support

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow didnt know hdmi cable so easy to spoil.

i turn on my ps4 and the display screen is all scrambled up.

i tested another hdmi cable from my mediaplayer and the display become normal again.

first time.

got any recommendation for a compatible cable?

Last edited:

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow didnt know hdmi cable so easy to spoil.

i turn on my ps4 and the display screen is all scrambled up.

i tested another hdmi cable from my mediaplayer and the display become normal again.

first time.

got any recommendation for a compatible cable?

from ps3 to ps4, i change about 20 cable liao, one cable last for 6 months only. some last for a year.

i just buy those $20 one ok liao.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from ps3 to ps4, i change about 20 cable liao, one cable last for 6 months only. some last for a year.

i just buy those $20 one ok liao.

Wah, how you guys use the cable!?

Never had any HDMI cables breakdown on me before.

My PS3 one like more than 10 years already! Also had many HDMI cables going into my receiver from DVD player/BD player/Media player, then receiver out to TV etc. My notebook also connect HDMI to monitor/TV etc. Every single one working fine for many years.

Elysium87

Reaction score

My PS3 one like more than 10 years already! Also had many HDMI cables going into my receiver from DVD player/BD player/Media player, then receiver out to TV etc. My notebook also connect HDMI to monitor/TV etc. Every single one working fine for many years.

same here, i don't know how hdmi cable can breakdown so easily, been using ps3 with no problem. now using with ps4 still working fine.

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

same here, i don't know how hdmi cable can breakdown so easily, been using ps3 with no problem. now using with ps4 still working fine.

duno why oso, the screen will always go black and lost signal all of a sudden, then i have to go shake the cable abit to let the signal come back.

after changing cable no such issue liao.

then happen again. :s13:

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
duno why oso, the screen will always go black and lost signal all of a sudden, then i have to go shake the cable abit to let the signal come back.

after changing cable no such issue liao.

then happen again. :s13:

Looks to me more like the HDMI connector end problem. Either you didn't plug in fully or due to keep changing cable the HDMI connector on the system became loose hence intermittent signal lost.

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks to me more like the HDMI connector end problem. Either you didn't plug in fully or due to keep changing cable the HDMI connector on the system became loose hence intermittent signal lost.

i oso think so, so i took the cable out and tried on my living room miotv and media player.

same thing oso.

if hdmi connector loose, its a pain the arse liao, to get it fix cost quite some $$ in service center.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for the record my day 1 till now then spoiled hdmi cable.

my day 1 is 2014 fat ps4 btw.

derkaiser94

Reaction score
Just finished GOW(main story) and what a game! The story, dialogue, visuals and sound are all perfect! Easily one of the best game I have ever played. Only minor bone to pick is the combat camera targeting. But that's really very minor for an otherwise amazing game. So glad I bought a PS4 just for this!

qwertified

Reaction score
Rumours (based on walmart posting), the following games most likely to be announced at e3:
- borderlands 3
- rage 2
- new splinter cell game
- the division 2
- just cause 4
- new assassin's creed game

among others including xb games gears of war 5 (lol), forza horizon 4

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this month free game is rubbish sia, 2 lousy game smmore,

are we paying lesser than the rest of the region?

no right?

so where is the fairness and equality?

can give US many free good games but not asia?

_l_ sony

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.